Chapter 1

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the morning after the fuzzy night. Donghae arose from his bed and saw the beer bottles scattered on the floor. His head suddenly ached upon getting up from his bed. Slightly weak with a half asleep body, he picked up the bottles, groaning from unusual back pains, and then aligned them on one side.

It was just three bottles, but it was too much of a number for someone who doesn't drink.

Walking towards the kitchen counter, he noticed a piece of paper on top of it. He grabbed it and while mind's hazy and groggy, he read it. It was from his best friend, Eunhyuk.

"Donghae, you drank too much last night. I left you. I know I should've texted you instead of writing this but I just want to give you a hard time reading my handwriting knowing that you might still be drunk when you wake up. ㅎㅎㅎ I've prepared seaweed soup for you. Heat it up if you woke up late."
 

He smiled vibrantly. His best friend was the only one who could lighten up his mood these days. Like a child, he crumpled the paper and tossed it in the trash bin as if he was playing basketball. He then mumbled his first word, "Stupid."

As instructed, he drank the soup but his stomach still felt empty. Needless to say, he dressed up to go out and buy something sweet. Something he's been craving for this morning. He went out of his house, wearing casual clothes, an orange hoodie, black shorts and a pair of Jordan's. As he walked out and passed through the hallway of his house building, he thought, "I could've just cooked food. I'm too lazy... Why am I like this these days? Aish, but fresh air might be good for me now."

He clicked his tongue and complained, "I shouldn't really consider drinking. It was a terrible idea. I never really had the stomach for alcohols. Never again."

When he got out of his house, he climbed up his car and drove off to the nearest Starbucks. He went all the way out just because he wanted to buy donuts. Wearing a mask as disguise so the public won't pay too much attention to him, he stood in line. He looked around... barely anyone noticed him.

To his right, was a transparent glassed wall where you can see the outside clearly. The view of the Han River mesmerized him as the sunlight made the water shine. It was almost a perfect day if it weren't for his headache. The day was pleasant, to say the least.

He muttered, "Ah~ What a day~"

The woman in front of him looked back at him after he spoke. He felt a little embarrassed for thinking out loud. He bowed his head as a sign of greeting and apology at the same time. He looked at the river again but he paused all of a sudden, like he saw something or someone unexpected. He scratched his eyes thinking maybe he was just mistaken and his eyes were fooling him.

His heart skipped a bit and his fingers started fidgeting at a sight of someone he wasn't expecting to see at all. He felt uneasy and he couldn't understand nor describe the feeling.

He thought, "Why am I like this? Was it because of the hangover? It must have been a side effect. I don't know. How could I know? Is it her? Is it really her? Why do I feel uncomfortable?"

She was wearing a bucket hat, a large white shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of white sneakers. He stared at her as she walked past the Starbucks and headed towards the shop beside it which was a convenience store. He fixed his clothes, just in case she turns to where he is and sees him. He preened himself without realizing that he was wearing a mask and it is quite impossible for her to notice him right away if she turns.

That's when he realized, something struck him on the inside. It was the feeling that was very familiar to him. Memories came back, the hurtful and the happy ones. It came back all at once by just a glimpse of her.

She was the same... She was the same as how he met her several years ago. The pure smile and the good soul that illuminates her whole being, shone the brightest. He looked away for a bit, trying his best to ignore her because he remembered the pain once more.

He thought, "It was all in the past. Ignore it. It will pass. It will... Focus on something else."

The freebies on the counter were the first thing he saw so he took one and looked at it instead. Until the people around him started to notice the girl as there were fans swooning over her and taking pictures with her outside. Eventually, a person from the inside spoke, "Oh! That's Sandara Park!"

He tried not to look but how could he not look when everyone's attention was on her. He stared at her this time and couldn't take away his gaze now that he had an excuse to look at her for a long time since everyone's doing it too.

She looked humble as ever. She stopped on her tracks to take a picture with the fans outside, never missing out one from the crowd.

He frowned a bit and thought to himself, "When will this end? I kept coming back. It's too late... Stop this, Donghae. She can't be, anymore. You had your time. That was it. It was over."

"Sir?"

He heard a voice calling her so he snapped out of his thoughts and saw that the gap from him and the woman in front of him lately was huge enough to fit 5 more people. It was his turn to order but he wasn't aware because his mind was preoccupied.

He apologized right away and stated his order. When the lady from the counter asked for his name for the order, he just said, "Aiden." Not anyone in Korea knows about his eng

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter