Chapter 38

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already dark outside when Taeyang called TOP and Daesung's managers to fetch them because they were too drunk to drive.  

And as soon as they arrived at Jiyong's house, Jiyong wondered why Taeyang didn't call his manager. 

He then asked "Youngbae-ah, are you going to drive in that state? That's illegal." 

Youngbae answered, "No. I'm going to stay here." 

Jiyong chuckled before he responded, waiting for him to tell that he was just kidding. But he looked serious so he said, "Oh, you're not kidding." 

TOP shouted while being dragged outside, "Are you guys going to talk about us when we're gone? You, backstabbing bastards!" 

They laughed again because of TOP's cursing spree. It wasn't shocking to them, in fact, because they have seen the same scene often, it was just like any other day for them, whether he's drunk or not. 

Jiyong joked, "There's nothing interesting about you two. What is there to talk about?" 

Daesung replied, "You're right. There's nothing more interesting than a problematic man who invited his friends over so randomly just to get drunk." 

Jiyong laughed and Youngbae replied on behalf of Jiyong, "Don't act so forced. Among us, you two are the ones who seemed to have enjoyed the most."

TOP said, "Yeah and because of that, I'm taking this with me." as he took a wine from the table while being escorted out.

He added, "And this too." then took a bottle of champagne.  

Jiyong jokingly said while watching TOP getting bottles from his house, "Am I being robbed right now? Should I call the police?" 

Taeyang cackled loudly with Daesung until the two had finally left Jiyong's house.
Soon after the door was closed, Taeyang looked at Jiyong and asked “Is there a problem?”

Jiyong, as his best friend, knew exactly what he meant. He replied, “I don’t think there’s such a weight to this but… do you consider this as a problem? I’m not really sure myself.” and covered his loneliness through laughter.

“Did you fight? Lovers’ quarrel?”

He looked at Taeyang and his smile slowly faded when he knew that they had different girls in mind. By that time, he realized that his best friend knew nothing about what he was feeling inside. But he was not ready to tell it just yet since they were all in the same circle of friends so he just nodded and said, “Yeah.”

“You've been acting strange for almost a year now. Do you know that?”

“What?”

“You disappeared. Came back then disappeared again. The last time I saw you in person was at the party.”

“Ahh… That party.”

“Ye. Is there something I should know?”

“No. It’s just that… I needed a break so I often ghost people, if that’s how young people say it nowadays.”

Taeyang shook his head and then looked straight in Jiyong’s eyes. In a blunt manner, he said, “It’s about Dara noona, isn’t it?” like he’d always known.

“No.”

“Stop lying.”

Jiyong suddenly took a pillow from the couch they’re sitting on and covered his face with it. He yelled, “Ahh! Youngbae-ah~ I must be crazy.”

“Is this still platonic? Whatever you two have?”

“I think I might have been crossing the line.”

“You have a girlfriend.”

“I know!”

“Loving is not bad as long as it is principally correct. As most people say, love is a feeling and anyone could feel it anytime but you should know whether you were right in that feeling or not.”

Jiyong took the pillow off his face and said, “Is it possible for a person to simultaneously love two people?”

“As a monogamous man, I don’t think so.”

“Maybe it’s not love.”

“Ye. You are probably mistaking 'in love' for love. ‘In love’ is an attachment to the other person, an excitement around them and a focus on how we feel. Those are all selfish emotions that have nothing to do with love.”

“I bet the next thing you’ll do is to scold me for cheating, right?”

“Yup. That’s very wrong. You have a girlfriend. And falling for another girl while still in a relationship, you know, that kind of thing with the new girl might not last either. You might just be addicted to the short-term excitement of infatuation and leave once that phase dies out.”

When Jiyong heard the words from Taeyang, he was immediately reminded of what Dara told him before. He did jump from one relationship to another and that made him more miserable. Then he realized by himself that he’s becoming what he hates the most.

All the things he hated about Donghae, he’s starting to acquire it now with his current situation. Within the time of his deep realization, he thought that maybe he hated Donghae because he hated something in him that was a part of himself. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't have disturbed him in the first place.

As aching as the fact he learned, he was still in denial that what he felt was right. He tried to distract his heart through his thoughts and said, "I must be wrong. Maybe I just needed someone and she was always there so I thought it was her when I'm just attached. Yeah, that's right. I'm just attached." 
 
"I think you need to reevaluate your feelings." 
 
Jiyong zoned out as he was deep in his thoughts, failing to hear what Taeyang said. Then as if out of nowhere, he said, "So this is what he felt like." 
 
"Who?" 
 
"It's nothing. Right. I'm just attached. Everything's okay. I'm okay." He stood up then smiled. Later, he added "I'm going to bed now. You can stay or leave. Aish, what am I saying? You're a grown-up. Do whatever you want." 
 
Taeyang teased while Jiyong was heading to his room, "A grown-up and a happily married man!" 
 
"Shut up." 
 
Taeyang laughed and stood up when Jiyong entered his room and shut the door. He murmured while he's on his way out, "And before, we all thought he's going to be the first one to get married." 
 
He shook his head again and shouted, "I'm leaving! Good night, Jiyong-ah!" 
 
Then before he exited Jiyong's house, he said, "You'll figure it out." then called his manager to bring him back home safely. 
 
At the same time while Dara was being their topic lately, she was feeling uneasy inside her room. She kept walking back and forth, thinking about what she told Gray and how she was going to keep it cool with them during their dinner. 
 
She was biting her lips as she thought, "He might be mad. He didn't even say anything. He just asked me to close the door and never responded when I asked him something. There's definitely a hard feeling in that." 
 
Tired of walking, she sat on her bed and looked at her phone on top of it. She said, "Maybe I shouldn't have answered Jiyong's call. Was that a test? Did I push him away?" 
She reacted disappointedly after, "Ahh! I kept on pushing people away! I'm a terrible person." 

She laid flat on her bed with her legs hanging down the edge and remembered what happened last night. She wasn’t able to fully absorb it last night but it was slowly getting into her now.
Little by little, she felt her heart flutter when she remembered that he went out of his way to look for her and bring her home. She didn’t want to come up with a specific conclusion just yet and instead thought that it might just be the first time that a man had made such a physical effort to be with her, that's why it sent weird signals within her. The experience was new and climactic so it caused her a strong feeling of enthusiasm towards him.

But because she noticed herself being extra conscious about how he sees her and just by simply being picky about what food to give him just to make sure he’s treated right, she started to be alarmed. Could it be that she was beginning to see him in a new light?

She immediately stood up and jiggled her body as if it would shake her thoughts off. She frantically said, “Did I also catch a fever? Something must be wrong with me.” while checking the heat from her neck through her hand.

It took her an hour of panic from left and right before she realized that time was running out and she had to be with him for dinner because she basically invited him. She heaved a sigh and talked to herself, saying “It’s just dinner, Dara.”

Still, the thought of him being disheartened about what she said kept getting into her so there was a higher possibility of him eating dinner by himself and not with her. To make sure that one would be put to waste once she ordered for two, she came out of her room to check if he was in his room.

She rang him twice but nobody responded. She waited there for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter