Chapter 9

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bajowoo immediately deleted the photo and apologized to both Dara and G-Dragon through an instagram message which G-Dragon hasn’t read yet. Dara accepted his apology like the good hearted person that she is. It didn’t matter much for her because she knows G-Dragon tends to be clingy when he gets drunk so she thought that it’s just normal. It is clear to them that they are just friends anyway. 
Although Bajowoo had deleted the photo, as the saying goes, what’s uploaded on the internet, stays on the internet. It has been reuploaded by other users on different sites so it spread like wildfire. In fact, Red Velvet knew about the issue too. 

They were in the practice room, resting after their dance practice when they saw it on their phones. They were all sitting on the floor.
Joy was browsing her instagram when she stumbled upon a post. She said, “Oh! GD sunbaenim and Dara sunbaenim? Are they dating?”

Yeri and Wendy came closer to Joy to peek at Joy’s phone to see the photo for themselves.
Wendy said, “They look good together!”

Yeri had a different opinion, “But aren’t they from the same company? I heard they have a strict in-house dating policy there.”

Seulgi agreed, “I heard it from Rosé too. They weren’t even allowed to talk to each other.”

Irene came closer to them to check the photo too. She said, “They’re years ahead from our generation. Maybe they’re really close friends now. You know it was different back then.”

They all agreed. Wendy said, “Anyway, they still look good together.”

Irene quietly moved away from them and made herself busy on her phone.
Red Velvet members were still busy talking about the current hot issue and their opinions on it. They love gossip from time to time. Besides, it’s all just for fun.

Irene, on the other hand, was reading her past conversations with Donghae to see where she went wrong. She thought, “Was it something I said? Did I say anything wrong?”

She was all over her thoughts when Seulgi noticed her being quiet in the corner of the room. She called her out, “Unnie! You’re being silent there. Is there anything wrong?”

It caught the other members’ attention so they looked at Irene too. Irene got shy so she said, “Anya! (No!) Ani! (No!) I was just reading something.”

They all went to her, sliding their butts on the floor, and surrounded her.  Irene felt cornered. She said, “Go back to your positions!”

Wendy said, “No! Until you tell us what’s wrong.”

Irene replied smiling, “Nothing is wrong. Let’s go home now. It’s getting late.”

They were about to dismiss the topic when Yeri suddenly said, “I think I know what’s wrong. You’ve been acting weird when you came home from your date with oppa.”

They reacted at her honest discernment, “Ohhhh~”

Irene was hushed. She didn’t know what to say and to anyone. Still, she stood her ground and kept her boundaries.
She said, “It’s not about that. Let’s not talk about it.”

Yeri continued even if they’re already warned, "You were so excited to go out that day and we were surprised you came home earlier than what we expected." 

Wendy second the notion, "Right! She looked disappointed. Is this what it's all about?" 

Seulgi said, "Unnie are you having troubles in your relationship that's why you're quiet these days?" 

"It's not that important. He's just busy nowadays. Let's stop talking about it, really. Let's focus on our performances instead." Irene responded. She didn't want to show her weak side to her members because she's the leader and they look up to her. Deep inside, she was full of fear and doubt at the moment. 
She stood up and packed her things first before they left the place. The other members did the same except Yeri.
Yeri stared at her and observed her from afar. To her insight, Irene seemed to be the type to hide her own feelings. They're the ones who must know each other well because they have spent their years together so she thought that she couldn't look sad when there's really nothing wrong.
She assumed from their judgment that it really was about Donghae.

She said, "Ya unnie! Did you get into a fight?"

They all looked at her as she randomly spoke. All eyes turned to Irene and she looked surprised. She noticed that all of them were looking so she began to feel uncomfortable. 
She turned her back on them and continued packing her things when she said, "He was just busy so we're not talking and meeting each other much these days but we're okay." 

Joy appealed "Still, you should make time for each other despite the busy schedule!" 

Wendy shouted as if she was a soldier agreeing to what a commander said, "That's right!" 

They laughed at Wendy's quirk. After that, Yeri said, "Maybe you just need one solid moment to ignite the spark! When will you guys meet again?" 

Irene replied, "Tomorrow, he'll be here."

Seulgi teased, "We should leave them alone and give them their privacy!" 

They giggled like school girls and Irene laughed because of it. She said, "Aigoo these kids..." 

Wendy, with her crazy antics, spoke in a boyish tone, "Yeah man! Go get him! Fight fight! Don't let him slip away, man!" 

Laughter filled the room once again. Thanks to Wendy, their little sunshine, who always brighten up the mood whenever she's around. The topic shifted when Wendy started joking around.

Later on, they left their company and were on their ride back home. Even though Irene didn't show it to them lately, she contemplated what they said. 
She thought, "Maybe they're right? Maybe I need to ignite the spark again. I shouldn't let him slip away." 
Although she never thought girls who were younger than her would give such amazing advice, she treasured it with all her heart. No matter how she turns things around, she knows they will always be the ones she'll run to when she needs people on her side. 
Without speaking anything about it and keeping what happens in their relationship private, they were able to sense that she needed help and even said the words she needed to hear. Just like that, her mood changed. 
She felt enlightened and more empowered this time. She was definitely ready for tomorrow when they meet again.

At the same night, Eunhyuk was wrapping up from work when he received a call from Dindin. He answered it after he finished putting stuff on his bag.


"Why?" 

Dindin replied energetically, "Hyung! Let's go have dinner! The others are on their way now." 

"What others are you talking about?" 

"Borrow Trouble team!" 

"They're on their way?! Why was I the last one to know?" 

"Because you're low maintenance." 

"What?!" He was on the verge of losing himself and cursing his dongsaeng out but he resisted himself and talked in a calm manner instead. "You know I'm busy too. I just finished work." 

"Don't misunderstand. I mean, you don't take long to fix yourself because you already look good. Come now!" 

"Don't flatter me as an excuse for calling me last. Just say I was the last option." 

"No! Not that way. Hyung, I think you're just tired. Let's just eat later, okay? Let's meet up at Insadong. I'll text you the exact restaurant." 

"Are they really coming?" 

"Yes! I invited another friend by the way." 

"I thought it's just our team?" 

"You can invite someone too if you want, so it's fair." 

"I can?" He immediately thought of Donghae as it was a perfect chance because Dara will be there too.

"Yes! The more, the better!"

"I'll invite Donghae, is that okay?" 

"Donghae sunbaenim?! Of course!" 

"You never called me sunbae but you immediately—" 

"Ah hyung here's my taxi! I have to go! See you! Bye!" ,he spoke in a hurry as he was in a rush for getting into his booked ride. 
Eunhyuk fretfully said as he looked at his phone, knowing that a hoobae hung up on him, "Aish! That guy is too comfortable with me! It's too much." 
He browsed through his contacts next and called Donghae right away to deliver the good news. 

Donghae answered quickly, "Ye?" 

"Are you busy? You’re not busy. You answered fast. Come with me." 

"Where?" 

"We're going to have dinner with the Bam team! Dindin said I could invite someone else with me because he also invited another friend." 

"Why am I coming? What am I going to do there?" 

"Ya! Noona will be there too! This is your chance! Don't blow this up again." 

"I can't. I don't want to."

"Why?" 

"What's the point of doing all these? Haven't you seen the photo around the internet? I think she was really dating G-Dragon." 

"What photo?" 

"You weren't aware? It's a hot issue now."

"I didn't know since I was at work the whole day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter