Chapter 12

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past midnight when AOMG men had finished drinking and came up with a song as a draft. They did it altogether on the spot. Thanks to the alcohol. 
While they were recording a demo audio for it so they could work on it later during the daytime, around Cheongdamdong, Donghae and Irene just got off SM Entertainment for their date.

Donghae was driving again then kept on apologizing for he was the reason why their date started late. It was supposed to be at 10 PM but there were some recordings from the studio that he had to retake and it took him a large amount of time. Irene understood that emergencies like that could happen and so she forgave him easily. She always forgives.
After Donghae bought snacks from a 24 hour convenience store, they parked around the alley in Dosan-daero where there were no people around.
They were both tired so they ate their food to have energy and to stay awake for their late date. It was special for Irene because it felt like she had Donghae all by herself now since it’s the time of the day wherein they wouldn’t be bothered but it didn’t last long because Donghae received a phone call and he immediately answered it without hesitation after seeing that it was from Siwon, who’s currently overseas.

He said, “Oh, Siwon-ie~ Why?”

Irene talked, “Siwon oppa?”

Siwon, from the other line, recognized the voice and said, “Oh, you’re with Irene now? Isn’t it too late at night there?” He was shocked that they were together at this time.

Donghae replied, “It’s past midnight here. It’s morning already.”

“It’s only past 5 PM here. I thought you’re at home.”

“Why did you call?”

“I need to tell you something.”

Donghae didn’t get it at first so he said, “What something?”

Siwon didn’t say anything because he knew he’s with Irene. Because he didn’t speak, Donghae realized what he meant after he remembered about what they talked about before.
He said, “Oh! That! Right… Let me just go out for a while.” He opened the door on his side then went out. He lowered his phone when he spoke to Irene so Siwon won’t hear, “It won’t take long, I promise. I’ll be back. Stay here, okay?”

Irene didn’t say anything but instead kept a straight face. Donghae closed the door and walked a little bit far from his car and talked to Siwon. Irene was upset that the same thing kept happening whenever they’re on a date. It became a pattern. He kept talking to someone on the phone and she doesn’t get much attention anymore. She held the feeling inside for it might not take too long and he might be back right away. She continued to eat while staring at Donghae outside from the windshield.

Donghae happily asked, “What happened?”

Siwon said, “Ya… I didn’t know you’re together tonight. Did I disturb you?”

“No, no… It’s okay. So what are you going to tell me?”

“I’m here outside. I already talked to G-Dragon inside lately.”

“How did it go?”

“We were seated on the same table, facing each other so I leaned forward and talked to him. He looked shy when I approached him. I thought he found me weird for talking to him randomly like that. But I aced it… I guess.”

Donghae laughed and then got invested to know more about what happened. He asked again “How did you do it?”

“I talked about business first and investments since we’re both into it. I talked about his clothing line and how he successfully managed it. I gave him praises here and there of how genius he is and how smart his business moves were. He was just nodding and accepting my praises casually.”

“Yeah, you’re right. He was probably weirded out.”

Siwon laughed then replied, “I definitely sounded like a proud dad when I did that. And wait, I’m sure you know about the photo already. The news was probably more of a breakout back there.”

“Yes. Yes. I knew about it.” ,he nodded as he attentively listened.

“I told him that he had it all together nowadays and that I envy him for his dating status in a friendly way. He looked at me like he didn’t know what I’m talking about.”

He laughed and said, “I can visualize.”

“He told me that it was just nothing and YGE already cleared it out. Of course, I acted like I didn’t know. Dude, I told you, they’re not dating!”

“I already know it. We already talked.”

“What do you mean? You talked to her already?”

Donghae giggled, remembering what he felt that night, then replied, “Yes.”

“Wahh~ I thought you’re a slowpoke. Maybe I was wrong…  How did it go?”

Donghae was about to tell Siwon the story when Irene went out of the car and shouted “Oppa!”

She couldn’t hold back anymore after seeing him happily talking to Siwon on the phone. She felt like their time had been robbed again and she couldn’t help but feel disappointed about the situation.
He looked back at her and saw the dismayed expression in her face. He had no idea what suddenly got into her to act that way so he asked, “What’s wrong?”

She slammed the door shut and said, “I can’t do this anymore! Why are you like this?!”

Donghae was shocked when Irene exclaimed all of a sudden. Siwon didn’t have to hear them quarrel so he thought it would be better to halt their conversation. He told Siwon that he’ll call him back and cut the call so he could talk to Irene properly. 
He said as he tucked his phone inside his pocket, “What is going on?”

Irene walked towards him, wearing the most grim look he had ever seen on her. He was a bit repelled.  

Irene bursted in anger as she said, “Stop talking on the phone when you’re with me! I waited for you for hours until you finish work and this is the quality of time you give me?! How about me?! Why do I always have to be the one to adjust for you?”

“I’m sorry if I got late for our date. We shouldn’t have pushed through at this time. I think it’s better off that you just cancelled when you knew—”

She cut him off guard to say, “It’s not about that! It’s not about the time of the day. It’s about the time you’re spending with me! How come you can talk like that with your members when you often see each other and then put me aside when we don’t even spend too much time together? Is there something wrong with me? What did I do?”

She looked like she was about to cry but she seemed to hold her emotion intact. She kept a straight face, avoiding the tears from falling down her eyes. 

Donghae saw it from her face and he couldn’t stand to see her cry so he apologized, “I’m sorry. It wasn’t your fault. I didn’t know you feel that way...I—I promise to make it up to you.”

“Stop using your phone when you’re with me. I just need your attention every once in a while. When someone calls you while we’re dating, tell them you’re with me! Seriously! Why do I feel like I was battling for you to give me your time of the day? I don’t like to feel that way. I hate it! I really hate it!”

He was speechless after seeing her angry like that. He didn’t know what to do when he already apologized so he just kept his mouth shut until she calmed down. 

 

There was a long pause and the silence stretched to more than a minute. 

 

He was bowing his head and stared at the ground for a long while. Her hot temper suddenly went down after some time. She sighed heavily then lightly scratched her nose, cleared then said, “I’m sorry for going off like that.”
The mood was already ruined, impossible to lighten in any way. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter