Chapter 16

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Hello readers! I've edited some of the chapters(Chapter 5,10,14,15&16) and added BGM in a specific part of a chapter that you could listen to as you read to add to the vibe, just like what I did in my old ff, "Final Distance (since 2009)". It's what I listened to while writing the part. ^^ 
BGM's will be inserted to the upcoming updates as well! Hope you'll stay tuned. Enjoy!)

 

It was the morning after when Donghae visited Siwon in his house to play card games because Eunhyuk wouldn’t play with him. He said he was busy so he went to Siwon, who he felt closest to after Eunhyuk.
He sat on the floor and laid the cards on it along with his phone. Siwon said, “I don’t know how to play this game.”

He replied, “It’s okay. I’ll teach you.”

“Okay.”

Just when Siwon was about to sit on the floor, Donghae looked at his phone and picked it up. He spoke, “Ye?”

It was Irene. She said, “Are you still busy? I have free time tomorrow. Let’s meet again!”

Because Donghae recently had his realizations, he pulled back a little bit from Irene again. He was barely attached to their relationship the past few days. He didn’t know how to treat Irene with his present feelings but one thing for sure, he was losing his affection.

He coldly replied, “Yeah, I’m kinda busy right now. What time are you available tomorrow?”

“3 PM. Can you come?”

“Yeah, sure.”

She paused. Seconds of silence set in before she said, “Are you okay?”

“Me? Yes.”

“You sounded off.”

“It’s because I’m busy.”

“Ahh… okay then. Good luck with your work! Fighting!”

“Ne.”

“Bye bye! See you tomorrow!”

“Ne…”

After they both disconnected the call, Donghae caught Siwon sitting on the floor and staring at him with a confused look.
With a serious face, he asked “Why?”

“Is that Irene?”

“Yes.”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought you were talking to Dara noona already?”

“Yes. That’s true.”

“But you’re still together with Irene? Waaahh~ That is… wah~” ,he reacted in astonishment. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.

Donghae changed his mood all of a sudden and became infuriated. He said, “Can’t we just play the game?! I’m trying to distract myself here!”

Siwon was speechless as he watched Donghae angrily spread the cards and placed them in their right positions on the floor to begin the game.
Donghae tried to avoid the subject as much as possible. He was being more and more frustrated in his situation that it shows through his unanticipated mood swings. 
Siwon had a full understanding about his state so he gets where the anger was coming from. He was mad at himself.

While observing Donghae, he calmly spoke, “I thought you guys are over now.”

Donghae replied, “Aish! I can’t do this anymore!” Then he threw a fit. He disorganized the cards in the floor and continued to speak, “I can’t break up! My conscience is killing me!”

Siwon was shocked by Donghae's behavior. He never saw him this angry before. That’s when he thought that Donghae needed help. He couldn’t help him in any way and he was also feeling kind of scared and awkward being alone with him, who’s in the middle of his aggression so he said, “I think I know who could help you with it.”

“Who are you going to call?”

“One of our members.”

“They can’t know.”

“If you don’t open up, no one could help you.”

Donghae was hesitant to agree at first because he doesn’t like other members dishing over his lovelife. But because Siwon suggested and by how he reacted to him, he thought he really needed help. He was helpless, he could admit that which is why he considered having another member to know about it.

He relaxed a bit then replied, “Not Eunhyuk this time, please.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m calling Heechul hyung. He had the most experience with relationships among all of us. He probably had more than 10. He surely knows what to say to you.”

“There’s no way we’re telling it to Heechul hyung. He’s a gossip man.”

“Not with us. And besides, we also know a lot about him. If he dares to spill, we'll spill some too.”

Donghae just nodded and said, “Fine.”

Siwon dialed and called Heechul right away to come over. Fortunately, Heechul was not busy today and had no filming schedule for variety shows which was a rare chance to happen. He was busy most of the time but not today. 

It was predestined.  


He must be there with them.

While they waited for Heechul to arrive, Siwon offered Donghae some chips to lessen his anger, thinking hunger could have added to the cause. Donghae respectfully accepted and ate with Siwon. He felt awkward for acting up lately so he apologized then he picked up the mess he made on the floor.
Siwon was very accepting so he said it was nothing to worry about. Out of the blue, he confessed that he felt a little bit scared of him lately which made Donghae laugh.

Siwon was relieved and overreacted when he said, “Oh! Finally a laugh! I thought you’re about to hit me lately. I was seriously scared.”

Donghae playfully hit Siwon in his arm and said, “I was just about to!”

Just like that, the atmosphere became light with the both of them. 

Then after half an hour, Heechul finally arrived at Siwon’s house. They sat on the floor and formed a circle.
Heechul said they looked like they were about to perform a ritual which made them laugh.
He was like a ball of energy who made the whole place livelier. 

Then he asked what was going on and why they had to call him. 
Donghae couldn’t tell it himself so Siwon explained it to Heechul with a clear agreement that they should keep it a secret. Heechul wasn’t one to keep secrets but since the members covered up a lot of things about him in the past which made him get away with it, he thought it was time to return the favor.

By the moment he knew who the girl they’re referring to, he reacted, “Oh! Sandara-ssi?! Oh man…”

Donghae asked, “Why?”

“Is she single now?”

Siwon reacted too, “Isn’t she?!”

Heechul warned, “Ya, Donghae-ah, you better act quick. It was weeks ago when I was with AOMG, don’t let me explain how and why, but I was hanging out with them that time and there was someone there who likes her. I’m not gonna say the name because it was supposed to be our secret, but I’m saying you should act quick!”

Siwon was too astounded so he exclaimed, “Really?! Ah, you have a rival!”

Even if Heechul didn’t say a name, Donghae clearly knows who it was already. His hunch was right. Gray really likes Dara. He was agitated after confirming it with Heechul, who never lies.
He was tongue-tied all of a sudden.

Siwon spoke for him, “He can’t break up with Irene because he feels guilty.”

Heechul looked at Donghae and saw that he looked out of himself so he then looked at Siwon instead and said, “So until when is he going to keep faking it?”

Donghae snapped back to his senses to reply, “I did not fake everything! When I started dating her, on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter