Chapter 24

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara didn’t contact anyone for a month and stayed in the game of her career. She kept herself busy with work as if she had a choice not to. She didn’t talk to any guys for a month and focused solely on her job which brought her good results for her hard work.
She was extremely exhausted because she pre-recorded everything there is to shoot for the following week’s schedule because she had to go overseas for another schedule.

She received an invitation to go to Fashion Week in Paris. She was busy in Korea to begin with. She packed her fashion items that’s good for a week and it was not an easy job. She seeked the help of her stylists regarding that matter. She also contacted her previous make-up artist who was with her when she was last invited for the Fashion Week years ago to come with her again. The make-up artist said yes straight away and agreed to come.

Everything aligned evenly for her and she got to arrive in Paris, all well and prepared.
She had a hectic schedule for consecutive days but she made sure that every night she would go out of their hotel and take a walk outside and enjoy the essence of being in Paris.
She was desperate for freedom these days because her work wouldn’t let her do things she liked to do. Now that she’s in Paris, she thought she should take advantage of the foreign country where no one knows her so she goes out frequently after her schedule for the whole day.

One night, she went out with her make-up artist to find a restaurant where they could dine in. Barely anyone knows their language so they had to speak in English which was at least a language commonly used in France. They struggled to find a restaurant with English speakers, that's why it took them some time to walk around different places to find one.

While they were walking around a certain street in Paris, tired and helpless, Dara said, “I hope we’ll find it here. I’m about to lie down in the streets. Auuhh~ I’m so tired.”

They stopped walking to rest for a while. Her make-up artist, Kwak Tori looked around to spot an American themed restaurant but paused to say, "Unnie, there are guys checking you out on the right side. I can't see clearly because I'm not wearing my graded contact lens tonight. Maybe you know those guys?"  

Dara became alert and reacted, "Omo! On my right?" She panicked a little when she heard 'guys' because they're in a foreign country and she's alone with a girl strolling around the streets. She felt a little unsafe until she looked on her right and saw the guys from afar.
 
Her facial expression immediately shifted to a surprised one when she saw Super Junior members, Yesung, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae, seated from afar. What are the odds?
They were dining on a table outside of the restaurant and looking at her. Just when she looked at them and recognized them, they all reacted, "Woh!"    

Yesung said, "I told you it's Sandara Park!"   

Leeteuk shouted, "It's really her!"  
  
They all stood up to make a quick bow to her then they tapped and pushed Donghae to go and talk to her. Donghae looked energized after seeing her again. He walked fast and almost skipped his way, towards her due to his excitement.

He greeted, "You're here!" ,wearing a happy face. 
 
Dara looked so shocked to actually see them all. She replied, "Omo! You're here too? I never knew I'll see you guys here." 
 
Eunhyuk followed Donghae and approached Dara to join their conversation since he's also friends with her. He said, "Noona! We never thought we'll see you here! What a coincidence!" 
 
Donghae said with his eyes fixed on her,  "You're here for?"  

"Fashion Week." ,she replied. 

Eunhyuk said while pointing at their table, "We were seriously watching you from there ever since you came around the area. We kept arguing whether it's really you or someone who just looks like you. We didn't know you're in Paris too, that's why."  
 
"Really? Ah oh yes, I was told by my friend that some guys were looking at me. I got scared a little… maybe I just thought differently." 
 
Eunhyuk replied, "Ahhhh. You thought we're creeps?" 
 
Dara just laughed it off, denying to answer.
 
Donghae changed the subject and said, "We're shooting for a show. We'll be here until next week." 
 
Dara just nodded. Then Leeteuk suddenly called out from afar, shouting "Hyukjae-ah! Aren't you going to finish your food?" 
 
Eunhyuk looked at them and saw his hyungs giving him the eye. He was supposed to say that he's already full and he actually emptied his plate prior their meetup, but after seeing the look they're giving him, he instantly got the hint. They want him out of the picture so Donghae could have a private moment with Dara. 
 
Eunhyuk said, "Right. I forgot I was not done eating yet. Noona, I'll leave you with Donghae for now." then ran back to their table.
 
Dara said, "So you're shooting for a show?"  
 
"Yes. Like One Fine Day, but a different program this time." 
 
"Ahhh." She looked at her make-up artist, who was awkwardly standing alone a little bit far from them and giving them the space to talk. Tori doesn't know them very well so she must have felt out of place. Dara appeared to be uncomfortable that she put someone in an awkward situation and Donghae noticed it. 
 
He thought to wrap it all up and finish their conversation quickly so he said, "Were you guys supposed to go somewhere?"  
 
"We're looking for a place to eat and talk privately so we got to this place." 
 
"Ohhh. Around that corner…" He pointed to a small restaurant. "They cook delicious foods. Maybe you can eat there." 
 
"Do they speak English?”

“Yes.”

“Wah~ Thank God!”

He chuckled at her reaction and asked “Why?”

“We were walking for more than an hour to look for a place to eat and a place where we could be understood.”

“Ahh, right. There are a lot of people who don’t speak English here. But don’t worry, we ordered in English in that place before. The owner itself knows how to speak the language.”

“Really? Wahhhh… I’m thankful that you know a lot of places here." 
 
"It's not that I'm an expert, it was just not my first time so I've been to some places here. I still don't know some of the landmarks here though." 
 
"It's really hard to go around and memorize the place especially when we're usually here only for a schedule." 
 
"You're right. By the way, until when will you be here in Paris?” 

“The day after tomorrow would be my last day here. It was the last day of the Fashion Week, so…” 

“You’re leaving soon? That’s too bad. Why did we only meet today?”

“I know…”

“Where is it going to be held anyway?” 

“At the Louvre Museum. Why did you ask?” 

“I know I can’t go because I heard that the audience was strictly limited through invitations, so I’ll just wait outside… Let’s hangout for a bit.” 

“Didn’t you have a schedule? You didn’t have to go.”

“I insist.” 

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I could make a pass for a day. I’m not sure if they would allow me but I’ll find my ways.” 

“Oh… well, okay. If that's the case, I’ll message you the time of the event.”

“Great! I’ll wait for it! For now, you guys better get going. You look hungry.”

Dara laughed and said, “Yes. I am so close to lying on the streets because my knees already feel weak.”

Donghae laughed too and said, “Go now~ Eat! Let’s meet next time, okay?”

“Okay! Bye! Thanks again!” She waved to Super Junior members who were watching them and walked away from Donghae. She immediately ran with Tori to go to the restaurant where Donghae pointed them to.
Super Junior members laughed at the sight of Dara running with her make-up artist. They looked like they were on a mission where the fastest wins. They were so desperate to eat that they didn’t care what anyone else thinks anymore.

Donghae eventually came back to his seat with an indelible smile on his face. He was reminded of why he liked her in the first place. She was out of this world. She was rare.
Once he was seated, the members about what happened.

Eunhyuk said, “Looks like the odds are in your favor now uh?”

Leeteuk agreed, “Who would’ve thought you’ll see each other again here? I think this is meant to happen.”

Because Donghae was too happy and he couldn’t contain himself, he punched Yesung’s shoulder. 

Yesung reacted, “Ah!!! Was that really necessary?!”

Donghae replied, “That’s because I love you.”

“That doesn’t even make sense!” ,Yesung angrily responded.

They fought like kids after that while Eunhyuk and Leeteuk were acting like fuel to the fire by doing things that they knew would piss Yesung off more. 

Eunhyuk punched Yesung as well and said, “Right! That’s how we show our love to each other.”

Leeteuk joined and punched Yesung too then said, “We love you, Yesung-ah!”

Yesung shouted, “Stop it!”

It went on for their whole dinner time like it was their most normal night. Nothing was new about it. They were naturally chaotic like that.

At the same time, as they were arguing, Dara and Tori were finally seated on a table in a restaurant while waiting for any waiters to entertain them.
Tori was on her phone and Dara was blankly staring at the table. Her head was full of thoughts at the moment to what just happened. She never imagined seeing him in Paris. 
She thought it was bizarre that right when she decided to take time for herself, their paths usually crossed each other which hardly ever happened before. Was it a sign?
Originally, she had no plans in advancing anything with anyone because she told herself to just go with the flow but right now that she’s unexpectedly in the same country with Donghae, she felt slightly different. 
Her mind automatically reviewed what she saw lately. He looked so happy, like he just won a lottery upon seeing her. His smile seemed to be glued to his cheeks and there’s pure joy in his eyes. His face was unintentionally tattooed on her mind even until they finished their dinner. 

But since she was in Paris for a reason, after that night, she was faced with overwhelming schedules. Only then she was able to divert her attention to something else. 
She hardly had a chance to check her phone for days because each hour of her days was occupied. As the day of her departure got closer, she felt more and more tired as days passed by. She had grown wary for having a jam packed schedule with little rest for almost a week now.
Even the nights were tiring because it was an ongoing struggle with communication among the locals. Ever since Donghae told her about the restaurant, they ate their dinner at that place for the remaining night until it was her last day in the city.
She dressed well as her last hurrah. She wore a floral skinfit dress and a pair of knee-high boots for the sophisticated look. Tori did her best make-up for Dara not only because it was her last day participating in the Fashion week but also because she overheard her conversation with Donghae last time. She made sure Dara would be glowing tonight to charm everyone or that specific someone after the event.

She tied her hair in a low ponytail and curled it, leaving some strands as a curtain to her face. She made her eyebrows and lips striking by coloring it red. She also let her wear grey contact lenses partnered with a contoured nose and cheeks to flatter the overall look. 
When she was all-set, she messaged Donghae the finishing time of the event then headed straight inside the museum and kept her phone on silent in a fancy handbag afterwards.

The last day of the event was the fanciest as it was its closing. Tori didn’t regret her work because Dara looked stunning and stood out among the crowd. She thought that whoever has a face like her wouldn’t fail to stand out. It was her aura that completed her character. She knew just well how to fit in for she acted prim and elegant until the event was over.

At the time when Dara messaged Donghae through social media, he came straight to the place as promised. He was outside for an hour, waiting for the event to be over. He kept checking his watch to see the time and when he saw that it was the finishing time, he stood straight in his position and anticipated for the people to come out of the place in any minute.

He was wearing grey buttoned long sleeves, skinny jeans and a pair of loafers. He would be lying if he didn’t admit it to himself that he felt uneasy and thought that maybe he wasn’t well-dressed for the occasion that he went to. He almost felt insecure but after the idea that no one cares about him in the city because scarcely anyone knows him, a sprinkle of confidence got to him.
Photographers and reporters suddenly started to gather at the door and it served as a signal for him that people will start to go out soon so he looked for a spot where he could easily see the people coming out and locate Dara.

It was a madhouse when the door opened. He was almost blinded by countless flashing lights from cameras aimed at the mixed audiences, including famous celebrities and models.
Because he was short, he was tiptoeing to see among the crowd of tall people.
He was stretching his neck at the longest he could to spot Dara.
He carried on being like that for 20 minutes until he finally saw her come out.

His jaw dropped after seeing her overall get-up. His feet relaxed and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter