Chapter 22

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their soundless ride, they finally arrived at Seoul. Donghae broke the silence by daring to ask, "The building where I picked you up lately. Is he from there?"

Dara was appalled by his direct question. She didn't want to hide Gray but thinking that what she felt about him was still unsure, she didn't know how to answer his question in a proper way.  

She knew she felt very comfortable with Gray but she's afraid of her feelings with Donghae. It was one she couldn't put an end to for some reasons. 

But since she told him she was seeing someone, she chose to be precise and transparent about it, "We went out many times already but it's not like we're in a relationship already."  

"Do you like him?" ,he asked so to decide whether to abort his plans and not waste his time or to keep pursuing her once there's a chance. He thought there was a reason for why she came with him tonight but having her say that she was already seeing someone after confused him. He knew there was a chance but now, everything's in a blur from his perspective after thinking about it throughout the ride.

It was indeed a deal breaker question and his moves depended on her answer.

She couldn't put how she felt into words but all she knows is that she enjoyed Gray's company. She struggled to come up with an answer and he saw that. He thought the question might be too upfront so he changed his style of approach to it by asking, "Do I have to drop you off to that building again?" just in case she wanted to be back with him, confirming that somebody else already won her heart.    
 
She answered, "Yes. I left my car parked nearby the building, so…"  
 
Donghae just nodded, even though dissatisfied with her answer. He didn't ask further questions that will lead to assumed painful answers he was not ready for. 
He just silently drove her back in the place and as soon as they arrived and the car stopped, they remained still and silent from inside his car. 
Dara did not immediately go out of the car and Donghae didn't send her off quickly too. They both just remained seated and cherished the remaining seconds they have with each other.  
It was the end of their night when they noticed that it was the first time after so many years that they had each other in a close distance like this again and they forgot to value just how important this chance was for the both of them just because their hearts were aching and the timing wasn't always right. 
 
Donghae looked at Dara and innocently smiled. A smile which meant that he was grateful for everything they had. Was he letting her go?
Dara smiled back and gave a single nod then finally opened the door.  
Without speaking, they were able to convey what they needed to say to each other. 
He looked away just when she moved out of her seat to go outside. He didn't want to see her go. He didn't want to let her out in front of the building. He wanted to grab her hand and tell her repeatedly that he was sorry but the talk was done tonight and she already said her answer.
With all the things going on inside his head, he just ended up waving his hand to her and slowly drove away.  
AOMG's building was located in a tight street so he had to maneuver his way to a corner to turn around so he could head back to his place. 
 
While he was busy with finding his way out of the street, Dara was walking back to her car as well but she stopped when she saw Gray outside with a bag of plastic with chips in it. He looked like he just went out of the studio to buy them and was just about to go back in when they suddenly bumped into each other. What are the odds, definitely. 
 
He thought she would spend the night with the other guy so he was shocked to see her back too early.   
They both felt awkward as they set their eyes to each other.
She didn't know how to approach him after what happened lately but then Gray instantly broke the awkward silence by saying "Hey."  

To which she also replied, "Hey." 

After that, they didn't know what to do. 
 
Donghae, who finally maneuvered his way to the direction of where he's supposed to go, wanted to take one last look at Dara before the night ends. He took a look at his side mirror and witnessed Dara and Gray facing each other. He could only see her back but he clearly saw that it was Gray who she's standing with.
He was surprised because last time he checked, no one's around the street and now he's there and he's with the girl he loves.  
His heart felt like it was torn apart. He thought he could manage the idea of them but he never knew that seeing them with his own eyes would hurt like hell. 
He wanted to stop his car and step out to confront him but he thought it wouldn't be the wisest idea.  
So while he was thinking of what best thing he could do at the given situation, a car appeared on the back of his car, blocking his view of them from his side mirror. 
Since the street was tight and there were parked cars on each side, he could not move aside. He couldn't do anything at the moment but to keep his eyes on the road in front of him and to continue driving onwards. 
 
At that same moment, Gray, who's still standing in front of Dara, raised a bag of chips from his hand and said, "Do you want to eat some?" like a normal offer, as if he didn't just confess lately and got rejected. 
He could've been angry or aloof but he acted like it was nothing and treated her the same way he treated her before which she liked. 
She appreciated that he handled their situation well. He really had a matured way of thinking and dealing with what happened.  

Looking at him while he was waiting for her answer, she smiled and shook his head. 
No matter how much she was comforted by his presence and how much he made her feel good, she didn't think it was right to accept the offer so she said, "No thanks. I already had dinner plans with my friend. I'm going to meet her later."  
 
She was not the type to fall in love quickly and she likes to take things slowly but surely. Now, knowing that she's quite confused about the things going on right now in her heart and mind, she decided to stay away from both of them to give herself a space to think. 

"Is that so? Okay. Take care!" ,he replied as he walked back inside.  
 
She went back to her car and called Hyoni to invite her for dinner. The dinner wasn't planned and set yet, she just thought of a valid excuse to properly neglect his offer.
Hyoni answered the call right away and accepted her invite. 
Luckily, she was available because Dara badly needed someone to talk to.  
They met up at Dara's apartment and just ordered food for dinner and then eventually talked about everything about her boy problems. Hyoni listened well and gave one powerful advice from her take in her stories. 
 
"Unnie, it's simple. I know life is not like the movies but one thing I know for sure, if you want a happy ending for yourself, you have to choose who your heart belongs to."
 
Dara nagged, "But I don't know whether the feeling I feel with them is right." 
 
"Don't overthink it. Just listen to your heart more. I think both of them have good intentions so the only thing left for you to do was to choose." 
 
"I don't know yet. For now I think I'll go on lie low." 

"Take your time. You don't have to rush." 
 
While Hyoni was comforting Dara, Gray on the other side just entered his studio to eat his chips when Loco knocked on his door and entered. 
 
Gray said, "What is it?" 
 
Loco replied excitedly, "Hyung. I heard from one of our staff here that Sandara noona was here a while ago." 
 
"Ah yeah." ,he answered nonchalantly. 
 
"How did it go? I never knew you were at that level where she could go to your workplace." 
 
"She just rejected me. It's fine. It happens." 
 
Loco was surprised because he thought things were going smooth with them. He asked "But why?" 
 
"I think she likes someone else. There's this guy who gets her attention." 
 
Loco stared at him and watched his reaction. He was amazed by how he reacted cool about the rejection. He was expecting to see him devastated but he just acted like it's normal so he said, "Hyung, how are you so calm about it?" 
 
"Eh? Me? Ahhh…" He shrugged then continued "You can't make people love you like magic. The people we like don't necessarily have to like us back. She's not obliged to reciprocate and I'm not entitled to receive anything I want. That's just how it is." 
 
Loco was disappointed by the outcome. He was actually rooting for them. With a more serious tone, he spoke in a low voice, "What if this was your only chance and you lost it?"
 
"You'll know when the time is right. Don't force it." 
 
"So what are you going to do? Are you just going to give up now? After all your progress?"  
 
"I'm not giving up. Unless she told me herself to do it." 
 
"You're going to stay on stand-by? You said there's another man lingering around her. What if h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter