Chapter 19

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara the airplane mode in her phone and decided to keep it that way until the end of her one day vacation in Jeju. She knew Donghae would probably call her and she didn’t want to hear anything about him anymore. She didn’t want to be bothered within the time she planned to spend with herself.
  
Because she's just going to stay there for a day, she didn't book a hotel. She ate first in a high-class restaurant in Jeju and treated herself with a good breakfast meal. She ordered everything she wanted to satisfy her taste buds.  
After she ate, she remembered that Jiyong said he would be coming. She waited for his call or messages in case he arrived already.

She wondered, “Is he really coming?”

While having the probability that Jiyong must have not meant what he said, she realized that she wouldn't be able to receive any calls or messages because she was on airplane mode. 
She quickly turned it off and 5 message notifications from Jiyong appeared on her screen. All with different times. 
 
"I'll be arriving soon." - 8: 51 AM
"Where are you now? I'm here." - 10:23 AM
"Why can't I call you?" - 10:30 AM
"Ya. Why aren't you replying to my messages?!" - 10:40 AM
"Noona!!" - 10:58 AM
 
She was touched to know that Jiyong really came for her despite the distance of the place from Seoul. Despite the fact that he had the money to do it so easily, it was the thought that really mattered.
She thought wrongly of him about not meaning what he said and felt foolish that she forgot to turn off the airplane mode for his calls and messages. She muttered as she panicked, “Omo! So stupid.” 
She immediately typed a message to reply to his multiple messages while having food in but then Jiyong’s call came in right away before she even sent her message as if it was on cue.

She answered, “Yoboseyo?”

Jiyong went on nagging as soon as she answered, “What the hell? Why can’t I reach your number?”

She chuckled at her stupidity and said, “I’m sorry. I left it in airplane mode.”

“It’s not funny! I got worried.”

“Why?”

“Given your situation right now, of course I would think of something else! Aish! Really! Where are you?”

“I’m at a restaurant in Sinhwayeoksa-ro.”

“Shinhwa?”

“Ye.”

“Ya, let’s meet up at Shinhwa World in an hour.”

“Shinhwa World? The hotel?”

“Let’s go to the amusement park.”

“The one that you collaborated with?”

“Yes. I invested in that theme park, so let’s visit.”

“Why an amusement park?”

“Because I said so.”

Then he hung up. He said after the call was cut, “That girl can’t read clues, can she? I wanted to make you happy, silly!”

His manager who was beside him heard him then asked, “We’re going to Shinhwa?”

Jiyong looked at him then said, “Why did you have to come with me anyway?”

“It’s the rule.”

“You have no choice but to follow where I go then.”

“You’re a walking trouble! Do you think I like doing this?!”

Jiyong laughed after hearing his manager complain. He had been the center of attention in a negative way recently so his manager had to be with him as a guardian to supervise everything.
He was like a friend to Jiyong so Jiyong put his arm over his shoulder and dragged him to the private car they rented while saying, “If I caught you enjoying the rides, I’ll hit you.”

His manager laughed as well.

He tried to put on a light mood to set up the day so they happily rode the car.
While they’re on their way to Shinhwa World, Jiyong invited friends who were working in Shinhwa World since it’s a large resort which has casinos and hotels as well so the chances of knowing someone there are high.
He thought the more people he involved, the less she'd feel alone. Like what it says on the quote, the more, the merrier. 
Dara was someone who always takes care of other people even at her own expense so in his head, he said, "This time, I'm in charge." and voluntarily gave her back what he thought she deserves.


On the other hand, Dara was near Shinhwa World the time Jiyong called so she arrived first. 
Jiyong arrived after 30 mins and they met up at a designated place.
Dara finally saw Jiyong, who was wearing his most comfortable clothes, an all-black outfit, a beanie, sweater, trainer pants and a pair of running shoes.
She laughed as he walked closer because he had a lot of people with him. She looked at them and said, “What is this? You even brought your manager.”

Jiyong was smiling when he said, “Let’s just have fun!”

“I thought you were alone.”

“I thought I’ll be too. Let’s just put it like this, I’m on parole now so he had to come with me." ,he said while pointing to his manager.

Dara laughed more of how he lay the scenario which stayed true on the undertone of his situation.

Jiyong checked his watch and said, “We only have one day. Let’s go!”

Because it was an impromptu hangout, Jiyong said he wasn’t able to reserve the place for them but thankfully, only a few people were currently there. 
Dara put her phone back in airplane mode and decided to live in the moment for a day without any distractions. Jiyong also did the same, but to avoid the work he was supposed to do for the day. They just wanted a day off their current worries.

Then they walked alongside each other before they began to ride the first ride out of all the ones surrounding them, which was the Flying Larva. 
It was a ride where you seat by two’s in spinning swings that rise and fall.
Jiyong sat behind Dara and took stolen photos of her as she got flustered while at the same time excited while the ride went on. Jiyong was laughing so hard after seeing the results of the photo while he’s on the ride. He couldn’t stop laughing especially when he saw Dara’s face, who was still cute, but with a funny expression. Her hair was all over the place which adds to the laughing matter.
Dara didn’t know why he was laughing because she didn’t see that he was taking photos. 
As a matter of fact, he did it all the time whenever they rode a ride. He was projecting a major paparazzi vibe but not for an issue. It was for his own keepsake; a collection of memories saved in his phone gallery.

They had too much fun that even if they were surrounded by some friends, they acted like they were the only ones who knew each other among them. Everyone else around them became invisible and irrelevant.

On the last ride, she rode the Oscar’s Spin ‘n Bump, by herself because Jiyong said he was tired and he felt like he would throw up if he rode one more ride. 
Oscar’s Spin ‘n Bump was a circular ride where people were seated on the rim as it spun around the air while swaying left and right at the same time.
Before the ride started, Dara knew that Jiyong was taking photos because he was aiming his phone at her from below so she posed while she’s sitting on the ride. 
He then smiled throughout the whole ride as it started and laughed while watching her iconic reactions. It was an instant stress relief for him to keep on laughing for the longest time in a day. She was his detox.

Since it was their last ride, he began to recap their moments in the place in his mind. He felt like he made the right decision for bringing her there because he knew she loves theme parks. She’s a kid at heart and he knew that very well. He even felt like a father who brought his child to an amusement park because Dara looked so happy and satisfied.

After they spent their time in the amusement park for almost the whole day, they decided to go to Jiyong’s cafe, Cafe Aewol Monsant, on the other side from where they’re currently at.
His friends couldn’t go because it’s already late so they left before they travelled to Monsant. 

When Dara, Jiyong and his manager arrived at the place, they ate dinner. Then his manager told him he had to buy something quickly for someone in the mall where they’re near before they leave Jeju so Jiyong and Dara were now left alone together.  
 
Because they were done eating, he invited Dara to linger outside of the cafe where no one is in sight and enjoy the breeze from the seaside. They occupied one of the tables and sat on their chairs while facing the sea.

Just when they got themselves comfortable in their position, Dara said, “Wah~ You own a lot of businesses. I feel like a VIP whenever I’m with you.”

“Stop it. You’re also rich and you are a VIP to me which is why you’re enjoying this privilege.” ,he said as he widely opened his arms, showing the place.

“Ackkk! He’s full of himself all of a sudden.”

Jiyong chuckled then just smugged. 

She said, “Thanks for today. I had amnesia for a day. Thanks to you!”

“It’s fine.”

They felt that the moment they have now was familiar. This is not the first time they had a night alone together like this. Jiyong wasn’t able to talk to Dara about the issue for the whole day because they were around other people so now that they’re alone, he dove into the topic.

He said, “Tell me what exactly happened? I’m sorry by the way.”

She faced his direction and replied, “Don’t worry. It’s okay.” She looked away and faced the sea after then added, “Well, after everything you did to me today which I will for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter