Chapter 23

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I truly appreciate your comments! *bows* Please take note that this story is still in progress and the plot was already laid out so thank you for being patient as the story slowly unfolds. I hope you'll stay tuned for the upcoming updates.  ^_^ Let's ship healthily.

 

In Super Junior’s corner, Leeteuk leaned in to Eunhyuk and whispered, “Do you think things are working out with them right now?”

Eunhyuk whispered back, “I hope so. He was trying his best to erase and repair his mistakes for so long but he felt like what he’s doing was not changing anything so I’m 100% sure he’s motivated enough to change now.”

“Alright. He’s old enough to know what to do. Let’s leave him from this point and let him do whatever he wants.”

“We didn’t do anything. He did everything by himself.”

“Right! He even walked his way to approach her by himself lately. I was surprised! I honestly thought he'd go to the toilet for a quick wee.”

Eunhyuk laughed, remembering what happened lately. They were all surprised and bewildered at the same time when Donghae suddenly stood up and hurriedly walked away in the middle of their conversation to approach Dara who just arrived like he has been waiting for her.

He came to her and apologized for startling her because he appeared out of nowhere. He began a conversation by asking why wasn't she around lately. She answered truthfully and he was relieved that it was not the reason that he thought of. He then carried on with a light topic.  
They talked about work then when the topic got closer to the night when they were supposed to meet but failed, he randomly apologized for everything he had done because his guilt was still haunting him.

“I’m sorry for everything by the way. I… I hurt you and I will forever be ashamed of that.”

“Was it about what happened several weeks ago? Has it been a month? Aigoo~ I lost track already. But it’s okay now. Apology accepted.”

“I mistreated you. I’m really sorry. I hope you can forgive me. If there’s a way I could make it up to you, just tell me. I’ll do anything.”

“You don’t have to bother.”

“I’m just really sorry for all the bad things I’ve done and caused you.” He took a pause then continued, “I really hope you could give me a chance.” 
He stuttered in the middle of his speech, “I... I’m not rushing you, okay? You can think about it for weeks... for months if you want. I’ll wait. ”

“It’s okay. I have thought about this too and realized that I needed to apologize to you too. I was cold to you when we were still dating back then. I was too cautious before that I couldn't give as much affection as you gave me which may be what stirred us to break up and focus on our careers instead. It was only recently when I meditated over everything that happened and realized I was at fault too for our breakup.”

“No. Don’t blame yourself. You were right. Maybe we wouldn’t really work out before. We didn’t know better back then that’s why I’m hoping you’d give us another chance… a fresh start, a major reset.”

“Reset?”

“Let’s be friends again.”

“Ahh. Aren’t we already?”

He took her answer as a yes so he smiled and said, “Are you comfortable now that we’re talking here in a semi-public place?”

She looked around and said, “I don’t mind now.”

After hinting that she doesn’t care what people think anymore, he slowly nodded as he giggled. She stared at him now that she could see his face when he’s giggling and not just visualizing it from their phone call. It was the same adorable smile from the past.
They felt surreal to finally talk to each other in a lighter mood now that the storm had passed them and everything calmed down after giving it some time.

Donghae, who just giggled, shyly touched the back of his neck while saying, “Maybe we could go out for a chat?”

“That’s fine too.” ,she agreed.

They decided to go to the parking lot and talked about common topics they knew as if they were just recently acquainted. It was their cue to their new beginning. 
They stood in the unoccupied area and didn’t mind other celebrities or crew passing by because they were too immersed with each other. Besides, no one knew they dated before and everyone knew they were only old friends. Hence, casually talking to each other wouldn’t be troublesome.
Because they were making the moment last, their conversation extended to more than half an hour without noticing.

While inside the bar, just right after Jiyong’s lengthy phone call with Nana, he sighed in relief. It seemed to be that their tough argument was over. 
Now that the call was done, he looked around again, awaring himself of what's going on that he missed because he was busy on his phone call. Upon looking around at an almost empty bar, he was reminded of what he saw before he got knocked out. He acted under the spirit of the moment and sent a message to Dara.

“I saw you lately. Did you go out with him?”

Knowing that Dara always had her phone with her, he waited for her reply but minutes had passed and she still hadn’t sent one. He wanted to call her but he had to keep their topic discreet so a non-verbal communication was the best option.

He felt a sudden urge to spout his anger that he felt when he suspected that she went out with the guy who broke her, the guy he didn’t like for her in the first place, the guy he told her to forget——because she said she would finally listen to what he said last time.

So then he keyed in, “I thought we already talked about this?! What happened? Don’t be irrational with your decisions. Think for once!” and sent it.

He sent more messages to Dara that night. He made sure she’ll get notified by bombarding her messages like “Donghae hyung already has someone else, just leave him alone.” , “Will you really settle for that?” and “You’d rather be alone than be with a bad companion? Mean what you say next time!”

Because he was busy texting, he appeared to be in a steady state so Ji Eun talked to him, “I’m guessing you’re not so drunk now.”

Jiyong replied, “Still dizzy but I could manage. I’m not sure once I’m up on my seat though.”

“We should leave now. You don’t want to sleep your night here.”

Jiyong was annoyed that she didn’t reply to any of his messages but he would let it slip tonight because he lacked the vitality to look for her. He was just too drained to everything that happened within the night so he just chuckled to what Ji Eun said and agreed to go.
He slowly stood up, guided by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter