Chapter 33

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CL helped Dara sort her thoughts until she stopped weeping. When Dara seemed fit for a normal conversation, they talked about what happened last night. CL admitted that she heard that Jiyong reported to the police station that night. She got the news from Taeyang who called her to ask what happened outside of the party since she’s not around for a while too. He thought he’s together with Jiyong so he worried that something must’ve happened.
But now that CL knew the story that it’s about Dara, she apologized again. Dara accepted her apology and didn’t hold grudges to anyone at all. She said she was glad Jiyong arrived and even if he said hurtful things to her last night, she was still grateful to have a friend who looks out for her.

Jiyong just has a bad temper and he might be a bit sloppy with his choice of words, but he does care. He just doesn’t know how to show it properly.
Now that they spoke about Jiyong, CL told Dara what Taeyang told her during the call. He notified her about what happened to their friends last night because they acted worrisome.
He was extremely concerned and even said to CL that he prayed so hard that night which brought laughter to both of them.

Dara was sincerely touched by her friends’ actions. She almost cried again.
Remembering that even if she lost one of the great people she knew, she still has a lot of friends who will surely take care of her and they will all reach their hands to her whenever she needs saving.
Having only a vague memory of last night, she knew that Gray and Jiyong looked after her that night as if they were her security guards, the way she saw them in one table when she woke up.
So after the call from CL, she immediately sent a message to both of them, sending her gratitude for last night.

Gray replied with, “It’s fine. Drink hangover soup. ㅋㅋ"

Jiyong didn’t reply but called instead. Dara answered cheerfully, “Jiyong-ah!”

He replied with an angsty scream, “Yah!!!” then chuckled.

Dara laughed because she got a little scared. She said, “What was that?”

“You’re a personified headache! Do you know what you did last night?”

“I heard about it all from CL. Taeyang told her.”

“And you thought a simple ‘Thank you for taking care of me last night’ would be okay? Really… a text message?”

“I don’t think I owe you anything more than that. It’s just one night.” ,she teased Jiyong more.

“Don’t drink beer ever again! Wine! Champagne! Soju! Anything, just not beer! Are we clear?!”

“Are you my mom?”

Jiyong paused for he heard her words from last night again. He wondered if she remembered what happened last night. But judging from her tone of voice, she doesn’t seem to know anything. Anxiously, he replied, “Do you really not remember anything from last night?”

“Omo. Is there something else I should know? Please tell me about it.”

Then he was relieved. She really was clueless. Because he remembered what happened last night, he also recalled what he told Gray last night so he asked, “Gray hyung… did you thank him already?” ,checking if they still communicate.

“Yes. I did. He told me to drink a hangover soup!” ,she said followed by a cute laugh.

“Did you send the same message to both of us?”

She proudly replied, “Yes!”

He rolled his eyes and said, “Very unoriginal. I saved you from that drunk guy and we get the same treatment?!”

“Oh, right… Ye.”

Jiyong laughed at her unmoved reaction and the fact that she still wouldn’t acknowledge it.
Dara laughed too and was pleased to have the same humor with Jiyong.

Jiyong said, “Ya! Darong-ah! Forget about him and enjoy life. Travel, go to places you’ve always wanted to go to. Spend time with your friends, your pets and nature. Seize this chance.”

“Wow. You really take this love mentoring seriously huh?” ,she joked then added “But I will! I will. Thank you, Jiyong-ah.”

“Whatever. I’ll hang up now. Bye.”

He hung up so quickly Dara wasn’t even able to say something back. Like how true friends deal with their past argument, they made up just like that. They’re back to normal——just like that.
She smiled and was amazed how close friends could really change her mood for the day.
She suddenly felt energized as if she was reborn. When she looked at the mirror again, she didn’t look that awful anymore. It was a wonder what laughter could do to a human body, she thought.

In due course, she went to work that afternoon and pushed on doing what she does on a daily basis. She kept herself busy and followed what Jiyong advised her to do. She thought that even without Jiyong’s words, she would’ve thought of doing the same thing. Anything, just to lure her mind to thinking of something else other than the breakup.

Dara never heard from Donghae again and he was obviously being avoidant towards her whenever they would have a chance to meet in a show. He wouldn’t attend shows where she’s involved in.
Since they lost contact already, she just enjoyed her time with her friends and travelled to places she had never been before to reflect and know herself more. What she likes and what she wants in life.

Time flew by and before she knew it, it had already been 4 months.

A lot of things happened in the span of 4 months, like the expiration of her contract with YG and her deciding not to renew it to take on a new path. It was hard for her to leave her nest for 17 years but having the security that she built a strong and real connection with the people within the company, she felt comforted. They may be separated, but they will always be a family.
It was heartbreaking but liberating at the same time because it has been so long since she felt the true spirit of freedom.

She realized she has that fire within her that seeks for adventure. A thirst for challenges and a greater knowing. When everyone’s life journey separated from her and the only heart she could hear beating belonged to herself, that’s when she finally embraced the essence of being independent and alone. It wasn’t something most could take, for there are days when days were harsh and she has no one to tell how her day went. No voice to comfort her until she falls asleep.
But after many unpleasant days, there she was, still standing strong and she realized she was okay. She thought she would rather be alone and be comfortable with who she is than warp into someone else.

She will do things for herself, to improve and to nurture. She was a woman of her own and she will always better herself from now on, and that she will always keep no matter what, alone or in the company of others. 
She told herself that she won’t worry her life away just because she’s single. She believed that she will find joy again or maybe it’ll find her. Life always works out in the right place and at the right time, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter