Chapter 7

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He got back to his senses and he then was bothered by what Eunhyuk said. He entered Eunhyuk's room without knocking or any vocal permission and switched on the lights.
Eunhyuk was lying on his bed and he was about to sleep when Donghae entered his room. He squinted, blinded by the light, and cursed at Donghae, "Ah, shibal! (Ah, !) When will you leave me alone?! Seriously?!"

Donghae was just seriously standing by his door when he said, "Do you think I'm cheating?" and acted like he didn't hear what he said again.

"For crying out loud, let me rest! I have a schedule tomorrow!"

"Ya! Do you think I'm cheating?!" He looked troubled.

Eunhyuk sat up from his bed and said, "Ever since you opened up about this, you became annoying! Honestly! Why were you suddenly into her again anyway? What made you into this? Huh?"

Donghae rubbed his face upward using both of his hands and brushed his hair backward after. He looked frustrated when he said, "Every time I'm with Joohyun, I'm reminded of her. I've been keeping this to myself for so long! I keep myself busy with the things I do, but every time I pause, I still think of her. I think I'm going crazy! It's like I'm addicted to the way I feel when I'm thinking about her."

Eunhyuk just wanted him to leave him alone so to fix his issue, he irritably said, "Then what are you doing with Joohyun-ah? You're just messing with her? Is that it?"

"I'm not messing with her! I can't do that to a girl. I liked her at some point."

"And now you like Dara noona?"

Donghae didn't answer. He looked down on the floor and he looked like he's about to cry. He was suffering for so long.
Eunhyuk sighed, giving away his remaining energy for the last time. He calmly said, "Man, as I said, let her be. Chances are, the person you fell in love with many years ago was not the same person she is now. You could be in love with the idea that she could be back in your arms again, but are you really in love with her? Or you're just in love with the memories you had with her? You have to test the waters... check if the feelings are still the same. Otherwise, you're just wasting Joohyun's time."

"Why did you let me text her?"

"Are you crazy? You insisted! Please make up your mind and please, I beg you, let me sleep peacefully."

"Okay then..." His voice had gone deeper, more serious this time. He turned around, switched off the light and said, "Good night, Hyukjae. Thank you."
He went out of his room and sighed. With the thought of what Eunhyuk said still fresh in mind, he left his house to go back to his own.
While he was driving, he thought, "What if he's right? What if she's not the same anymore? She smiled so comfortably at me lately. Maybe I don't matter to her that much anymore?" Then remembering what he did lately, he said, "Aish! What did I do? Am I really wasting Joohyun's time?"

The night went on and Donghae was as confused as Jiyong who's at home at the moment.
He was laying the back of his head on the backrest of his couch and staring at the ceiling while remembering what happened in the pool lately.
Jiyong thought, "What just happened back there? What got into me?"
He sometimes wondered where his impulses were coming from. They naturally come out whenever he's with Dara. Last time he checked, he only saw her as a friend and a sister, but there's something inside him that felt like melting when she's around. He knew it was nothing to worry about but he also knew it was also irresistible.

He grabbed his phone beside him and sat properly to compose a message from his phone. He typed in, "Tell me if you need anything tomorrow, okay?"
As he read it, he mumbled, "Was I repeating myself? Haven't I said it already?"
He deleted the message and retyped, "If there's a problem with your staycation, text me." He shook his head and said, "What am I? Customer service?"
He deleted it again and composed another one. "Make yourself comfortable during your stay!" He scratched the side of his head and said, "Now I sound like a receptionist. Aish! Forget it. I'll just—"

After typing, he finally sent one to her. It says, "Ask the caretaker there if you need help for something."

He made a lot of efforts but still acted as if he's not interested. He stood up, tossed his phone on the couch and walked to his bedroom. He talked to Siri, asked it to play a calming instrumental music for him to be able to sleep. The music played right away after his request.
He laid flat on his bed and said, "Forget about it, Jiyong." ,referring to his thoughts recently. He closed his eyes and tried to relax his body as much as possible. 

Within half an hour, the lullaby successfully sent him to sleep.

The next day came too fast, Hwangbo woke Dara up from her bed and told her that she had already prepared breakfast for them.
Dara grabbed her phone and checked her messages. She saw a message from Jiyong and she looked disappointed like she was expecting someone else's.
She thought she was a fool for waiting for a good morning text from Donghae like he usually does before. But then she thought maybe it wouldn't be that way anymore and that it would be more of a casual conversation this time around. 

Still, she was impressed by Jiyong's sincerity to help by seeing that he sent the message during midnight which meant she crossed his mind.

For not so long, Dara shrugged it off, left her phone in the bed, walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast with Hwangbo.

One good thing about Jiyong's villa is that you can relax fully just by looking outside through the glass that served as the walls. It was serene. It was quiet. The ambiance was healing. The interior was shone by the sunlight and they could hear the birds chirping from outside.
Dara said, "Omo! This is too perfect. Shall we eat outside to breathe the morning breeze?"
Hwangbo replied, "Alright! Let's go, grab your plate."
They set up the table outside to see the view of the lake as they eat. It was good to be far away from vicinity from time to time and be one with nature. A place where they could relax. 

The wind was chilling in the morning so Dara shivered a little bit and said, "Ack! It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter