Chapter 2

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He drove back home to eat the donuts by himself. It was supposed to be the thing that would most likely satisfy his cravings this morning but he couldn't focus on the taste for some reasons. He was blankly staring at the floor of his house while eating from his couch. 
Suddenly, he cringed at the thought of what happened lately. 

While chewing the remains of the donuts, he said "Aish! I shouldn't have gone out. Why did I even buy donuts?! I really should've just cooked here inside so then that wouldn't have to happen!" 

He stood up and jumped a few times to somehow ease the weird feeling he feels inside. His thoughts just won't leave him alone this time. He chanted as he jumped, "Stop it, Donghae. Stop it~" 

A few seconds later, as the feeling overpowered his thoughts, he gave in. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and called Eunhyuk again. 
Eunhyuk answered yelling, "What the hell is it now?! Really... You don't want me to sleep, do you?!" 

Donghae ignored his rants and carried on with his intention. He said, "Help... I talked to her." 

"Good for you. Now let me sleep!" 

"Why will you sleep? It's morning already!" 

"Look at you! You even had the guts to say that after what you did last night!" 

"What did I do?" 

"Same thing of what you're doing now except you're drunk! You kept me up all night to listen to you! Next time we're drinking, let's do it at my place so I wouldn't have to go home so late." 

"Why didn't you just sleep in my house?" 

"Because I need my personal space! Listening to you for five hours straight is tiresome already. Why did you even have to invite me to your drama skit last night? Seriously."

"Drama skit?", he sounded clueless.

Eunhyuk yelled, "Stop bothering me today. Just today...please. I'll sleep!"

"But⁠—"

Eunhyuk cut the call before Donghae finished his sentence. Donghae wondered what he did last night that made Eunhyuk so annoyed with him today.

 

Last night, it was raining heavily when they were hanging out in his house. It's all fun and games until Donghae said, "Ya, Hyukjae-ah, I bought alcohols. They were in the refrigerator." He looked like he already had a plan in mind before he could even touch the subject he's heading to.

Eunhyuk answered, confused as hell, "What are you planning to do?"

"Come on, it's raining... It's the perfect weather. Let's get drunk."

"Since when do you drink? You don't drink!"

"I just need to let it out."

"Ya! I came here to hang out with you and not be handed the reins to your emotional state."

Donghae sulked and said, "Why are you so mean to me these days?!"

Eunhyuk, who had seen him whine so many times, just agreed to him. He wouldn't stand seeing a grown man cry again so he just said yes. He asked, "Why do you want to get drunk all of a sudden by the way?"

Donghae breathed in deeply and exhaled with the words, "I think I'm doing the wrong thing."

"What do you mean?"

Donghae randomly stood up and didn't reply. Eunhyuk just stared at him wondering what's going on inside his head. 

Donghae went to his kitchen, opened the refrigerator and started pulling out bottles consecutively using both of his hands. He was smiling so widely, like it was his very first time to do such a wild thing. A wild thing, in his dictionary.

After putting all of the bottles on the kitchen counter, he said, "This is going to be fun."

Eunhyuk was just nonchalantly looking at him because drinking wasn't so special for him but watching his best friend so excited about it was quite enjoyable. He helped him bring them to the table in his living room. He said, "So what was the wrong thing?" as he knelt on the carpet while waiting for Donghae who was busy preparing foods.

Donghae looked so lively when he presented the kimchi on a plate and placed it over the table. He said gracefully, "Chaaan~!"

Eunhyk tilted his head and frowned. He replied, "I don't think it's a good match for the beers."

Donghae responded worried, "Do you want me to cook another food instead?" He didn't have any idea about beers and what goes along with it because it was his first time being the host for a drinking session.

Eunhyuk, thinking that he could go home early if they started the drinking session early, said, "No, it's okay. Maybe this will be good. Let's try."

Donghae happily sat on the carpet with Eunhyuk and said, "Okay!"

Eunhyuk opened one bottle and spoke before he took a sip, "So tell me..."

"I.... Please keep this a secret." He took a long pause and hesitated if he really should say it to Eunhyuk. 

Eunnyuk remained silent and had a spoonful of kimchi. Donghae thought that he couldn't turn away on this anymore, now that he got Eunhyuk into it already so he had to say it now. He tried to casually open one bottle too and at the same time speak, "I think I was too quick on getting in a relationship with Irene."

Eunhyuk reacted right away, "What the hell?"

Donghae knew he would react like that so he defended himself, "Please listen to me first! I like her. I like her a lot! But when we're together. Something is lacking, you know... like... I don't feel some kind of way."

"Do you know how many guys are battling just for her to put her walls down for them? And now that you're the privileged one, you wanted a way out?!"

"She's pretty. She's very kind... That's a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter