The Argument (05)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Pledis University-

"Where is that book?! Why can't I find it?!" Mingyu groaned in annoyance trying to find his English notebook. 

[Wonwoo was about to help Mingyu but stopped in her tracks once she saw Younghee going towards Mingyu, just like his girlfriend, Wonwoo knew where Mingyu placed all his things, after crushing so hard on him.]

"Let me help you, baby," Younghee fumbled with Mingyu's locker after she saw him getting annoyed. "Here it is!" Younghee said cheerfully after she found his English notebook. "Awww~ Thanks! You always know where I place my stuff, babe!" Mingyu said happily while kissing Younghee's hand. 

I guess he doesn't need my help then. 

"Babe, give me a second," Mingyu said before he proceeded towards Wonwoo, who was attempting to leave the scene. "Oi, wait up."

"My mother wants you and your family to come over and have a meal with us tonight. Your parents will head over themselves with your sister so I'll come over and pick you up personally. Be ready by 6pm," Mingyu spoke up after standing in front of Wonwoo. "Yeah, sure," Wonwoo replied with a smile.

Oi? He can't even call me by my name? 

[Upon seeing Wonwoo's smile, he leaned in closer, and Wonwoo could feel his breath on her neck.]

"Just remember, I'm not doing this because I like you. I'm doing this because my parents and my girlfriend told me to," Mingyu whispered with a smirk, before walking away with his hand wrapped over Younghee's shoulder to join his friends.

Doing this because others told you to? What does that make me?

[Wonwoo could feel her heart shattering, and felt a tear drop on her face but quickly wiped it away to avoid anyone seeing it, but Junhui still saw that because he always has his focus on Wonwoo.]

"Oh my gosh! Wonwoo, he leaned in so close just now! What did he tell you?" Typical Jeonghan getting excited. "Nothing much, unnie. Come on, let's all head to class before we're late," Wonwoo replied sadly as she joined her friends.

-English Class-

[Wonwoo kept looking outside the window, thinking about the words that Mingyu said to her, Junhui noticed her sullen expression and decided to talk to Wonwoo.]

Of course he wouldn't care about how I feel, why would he? He has Younghee. 

"What is it, Wonwoo? You can talk to me if you need to," Junhui looked at his seatmate, full of concern. 

"I'm fine, Junhui, don't worry about me. Focus in class, I don't want you to get into trouble," Wonwoo faced forward, but was actually staring at Mingyu, leaving her friend to sigh in exasperation. 

[Even though Wonwoo was listening to the lesson, her mind was full of Mingyu.]

Why did I fall for a taken man anyway? I really shouldn't have. My feelings happened way before he had a girlfriend so is it my fault?

"There goes the bell!" Younghee's voice broke her train of thoughts. "Let's head to the canteen for lunch!" Mingyu said while pulling Younghee by the hand. 

"It's already lunch break!" Jeonghan said excitedly, while rushing out of the class, with the rest of Wonwoo's group tagging along.

They're holding hands again.

[The day went past as normal, Junhui giving concerns to Wonwoo. Wonwoo's head full of Mingyu. Mingyu having lots of skinship with Younghee, and before they knew it, the day was over.]

"Babe, let's go home together!" Mingyu heard the bell go off. "No, baby," Younghee stopped her walking. "But, why, babe? We always went home together~" Mingyu whined. 

"This time, I think maybe you should go home with Wonwoo. She's your fiancée, and I'm sure that you haven't spent much time with her," Younghee explained. "Baby, you're my girlfriend! Why would you say that? I don't want to," Mingyu replied with a pout. 

"Your parents might not be happy about this, oppa, at least just do it for me? Just for today, hmm?" Younghee persuaded before she pecked his cheeks.

[At that exact moment, Wonwoo walked out from class with Junhui beside her.]

"Hey, let's go home together," Mingyu suggested casually, not sparing Wonwoo a glance. 

"Mingyu-ssi, I'm sorry, are you asking me?" Wonwoo was confused.

"Of course I'm asking you! If not who else?!" Mingyu questioned angrily and the shorter went a bit teary eyed due to his harsh tone.

"Excuse me, but you did not even spare Wonwoo a glance when you asked her that question? Could you please treat her with a bit more respect?! What did she ever do to you to make you disrespect her like that?!" Junhui fired back angrily, unable to tolerate his ridiculous behaviour further, as he pulled Wonwoo away from Mingyu and faced the younger.

"Hyung, I know you're my friend, but what right do you have to tell me off like that?!" Mingyu started fuming. 

[Wonwoo and Younghee could only stand there, staring at the both of them. Soon, all of their friends came and surrounded them once they heard the heated argument, school was already let out so only a few other students were there to watch the heated scene.]

"What right do I have?! Right that Wonwoo's my friend and that I know very well how you're treating her! Do you know how affected she is because of you?!" Junhui shouted back, getting more agitated. 

"Right, and what does that have to do with me?! She's just someone I don't know, much less fall in love with, and my parents want me to get married with someone like her?! I have a girlfriend, FYI." Mingyu got more furious with his statements. 

"Hang on a minute, what do you mean 'someone like her'? Are you saying that she's indecent?!" Junhui's anger has risen to the top of his head at this point and he grabbed Mingyu by his collar.

"If not you tell me why I would fall for someone like her? This is a joke, man," Mingyu asked with a smirk, getting pissed off.

"A joke?! That's it!" Junhui who's about to punch the other, is pulled back by Seungcheol and Soonyoung. 

"Wen Junhui, stop it this instant. Don't push it." Wonwoo warned with a frown evident on her face, while stepping closer to him. "Baby, don't make matters worse," Younghee said while going towards Mingyu grabbing Mingyu's arm.

"See how much she cares about you? You just don't know how ing lucky you are," Junhui remarked, while calming down after hearing Wonwoo. 

"Pfft, you call that lucky?! My girlfriend just did the exact same thing to me!" Mingyu scoffed. 

"You jerk!" Junhui gave a punch to Mingyu after he lost the grip of Seungcheol and Soonyoung, who were currently on the floor due to his strong retaliating force. 

"JUNHUI!" Wonwoo shouted at Junhui, while turning towards him. "Enough is enough! I already told you to stop this nonsense!" Wonwoo shouted before a burning sensation started to spread across Junhui's cheek.

[Everyone stared at the scene in shock, with Junhui holding his face and Wonwoo realising what she had done.]

"Oh m-my gosh, I'm so s-sorry, Junhui. I d-d-didn't mean to s-slap you, I-" Wonwoo apologised immediately after putting down her hand. "It's okay, Wonwoo, I understand. I'm sorry for causing you to get angry," Junhui said before retrieving his bag and leaving the scene, with his hand still on his burning cheek. "Junhui, wait!" Minghao shouted as she went after him.

[Wonwoo looked at Junhui's broken backview walking out the school gate, with Minghao running after him.]

I'm so sorry, Junhui. Please take good care of him for me, Ming.

"Let's go, Younghee, there's something I want to do," Mingyu left with his girlfriend, leaving Wonwoo by herself and she wasn't sure what to do so she just walked out of the school gate, deep in thought.

"Boo, that was the first time I ever saw your friend getting angry at anyone, even to the extent of slapping," Hansol said, while facing Seungkwan. "I know right, let's go help the others up," Seungkwan said while going towards them before turning back. 

"Oh well, maybe not. They already have helpers, let's go home. That's enough drama for one day," Seungkwan said upon seeing Jeonghan and Jihoon approaching the two guys on the floor.

"Are you okay, Seungcheol-ssi? Are you hurt?" Jeonghan asked upon reaching Seungcheol. "I'm fine, Jeonghannie, thank you for asking," Seungcheol smiled, revealing his dimples. "By the way, you can just call me Seungcheol," the guy winked as Jeonghan's cheeks turned pink.

"You okay?" Jihoon asked as he helped Soonyoung stand up. "Yeah, I'm good, Jihoon, thanks for your help," Soonyoung replied, smiling, as the other's cheek tinted pink.

[Junhui had no idea where he wanted to go, so he just went where his legs brought him, the place where he first met Wonwoo.]

The park near school. How did I end up here?

"Junhui, are you okay? Please don't do anything silly," Minghao watched after the older as she recovered her breath after catching up with him, keeping a safe distance. "Go away," Junhui could feel tears coming to his eyes as he turned away. 

"Okay, I just want you to listen to something I've been wanting to say for years now. I'm afraid I won't get the chance in future, I might not have the courage," Minghao started to close the distance, soon reaching behind the older. "Please let me say this and I will leave after I'm done, just give me a few minutes," Minghao plucked up her courage to hug her crush as she heard a gasp.

"I love you, Wen Junhui. Since the very first time I saw you, but all you saw was Wonwoo unnie," Minghao hugged Junhui tighter as she poured out her feelings and the older listened. "I adore your flaws and imperfections. I love how your eyes blink, the way you smile, the melodious voice that comes out from your mouth, how you always never fail to do things to cheer your friends up when they're down. I love you for who you are, I love you in the most sincere way possible, and I know I'm not the best person to love you, but please, give me a chance. I'll prove to you that I love you with all my heart and that I will make you feel the happiest you've ever been."

"Get away from me, I don't like you at all," Junhui pushed Minghao away from him, almost losing balance. "I really want a chance to love you officially, Junhui, but if you're unable to accept me, then I'll wait, until the day where I'm officially a part of your life, as your other half. Just please don't push me away." 

"That won't ever happen," Junhui crossed his arms as he looked away from the younger. "Give me a chance first, and if it really doesn't work out between us, then I'll accept whatever you want us to be," Minghao gave a kiss to Junhui's cheek before running away with tears in her eyes.

No one confessed to me like that before.

Give me a chance, JunhuiI'll prove it to you.

<<❤>>