The Trauma (27)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<>>

-Kim Corporations-

[Mingyu has been in the company for close to a week, is already getting used to the operations around and almost ready to take over his Father to lead the company to further heights. Jaemin appointed a secretary for Mingyu to help him familiarise with the company, guiding him along as she is one of the few staff who are experienced with the company.]

"That's the plan for the meeting tomorrow, Mr Kim?" Mingyu's secretary took a glimpse of his project materials, earning a nod from the other. "That's very well done for someone who's just here for a week."

"Thank you, but it's expected of me since I've been trained by Father, when I did my internship here last year," Mingyu chuckled delightedly, happy to receive praises. "Is that all for today, Soojung?" Mingyu started gathering his files, for him to look through at home.

"Yes, that's all for today, Mr Kim," his secretary started to get up from her seat. "I should get going, are you heading home soon? It seems like it's drizzling outside," Soojung started packing her things. "Yeah, I'm leaving now," Mingyu collected his work bag and started to head towards the main company exit. "Do you need me to give you a ride? It's dangerous for you to get home all alone at this timing," Mingyu offered kindly, taking a look at his phone display.

"Thank you for your offer, Mr Kim, but my boyfriend is coming to fetch me," his secretary rejected politely, giving him a smile. "Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow," Mingyu waved before getting into his car, earning another wave from the lady as he drove off.

[The small drizzle suddenly turned into a downpour upon his journey back home, it took him a half an hour drive before he was back at his mansion.]

-Minwon's Mansion-

"I'm home!" Mingyu took off his shoes before proceeding to switch on the lights.

That's weird, isn't anyone home? She would usually be in the living room waiting for me.

[Mingyu was feeling thirsty so he decided to get a drink from the kitchen.]

Upon arriving, he saw a note stuck onto the refrigerator:

"I have urgent matters to settle at home so I'm leaving early today, Wonwoo has already prepared your dinner, heat it up before eating will do. - Soomin"

It's probably for me then.

[Mingyu placed down the note back onto the table before proceeding to his bedroom. As he was loosening his tie, he saw someone hiding under the blankets, and the lights were switched off.]

Is that Wonwoo? What is she doing?

"Wonwoo, what are you-" Mingyu touched the blanket before getting pushed off the bed.

"Don't touch me!" Wonwoo screamed and started shaking.

"Ouch~ Why did you push me?" Mingyu was puzzled, wondering what Wonwoo was up to. Mingyu approached his wife again, before he got pushed away.

"Get away from me! Don't ing touch me!" Wonwoo's breathing started getting heavier, and she started hyperventilating. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Wonwoo, it's me, Mingyu!" He proceeded to switch on the lights.

She must be really scared, I've never heard her curse before.

"Get the away from me, please!" Wonwoo was not getting calmer. "Wonwoo! Look at me! I'm Mingyu!" Mingyu cupped his wife's face gently to turn towards him, giving her a clearer look at his face.

"M-mingyu?" Wonwoo wiped away her tears before getting a closer look. "Mingyu!" Wonwoo immediately hugged him tightly after confirming that it was her husband. "What's wrong with you? Why are you acting like this?" Mingyu was trying his best to figure out why Wonwoo was acting this way.

"Is this about your trauma?" Mingyu recalled what her friends told him before, when something like this happened previously. Wonwoo gulped hard before she nodded slowly. "Are you willing to share it with me then?" Mingyu was rubbing circles on her back slowly, making Wonwoo calm down.

"You're going to think I'm disgusting, I don't want to tell you," Wonwoo moved away from Mingyu. "I won't, I promise," Mingyu attempted to move closer to Wonwoo but only caused her to move away even further. "Alright, we can talk about this another time," Mingyu managed to persuade his wife to go to bed, after assuring her that they don't have to talk about it.

I'll just enquire from Eomma...

"Sleep tight, I'll be beside you," Mingyu placed Wonwoo's head onto his chest and accompanied her as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

[After he made sure that his wife was sound asleep, Mingyu came out to the living room to make his call.]

Calling Eomma...

"Hello?"

"Hello, Eomma, it's Mingyu."

"Mingyu, why did you call- Did something happen to Wonnie?!"

"No, she's fine, I just needed to clarify something with you."

"Okay? What is it?"

"It's about Wonwoo, may I ask what happened to her when she was younger?"

"What do you mean?"

"She cried when there was a thunderstorm earlier on in our area, and she appeared very traumatized, I just wanted to find out why she-"

"Mingyu, you see, Wonwoo was-"

[Mingyu heard a huge sigh before he broke the silence.]

"You can just tell me, Eomma, I feel the need to know if it's important especially when she's my wife."

"Our precious Wonwoo was almost ually assaulted."

"What? She was assaulted?"

"Yes, we had a last minute meeting at the office, and could only arrive home later since it was raining very heavily that night, so we told her to tend to Appa's close ex-partner, AT that point of time, he was a very trusted partner and friend so Wonwoo was comfortable around him, and we had no doubts about him. During this time, Wonwoo went on to try out the dress her father got her for the upcoming important company dinner. She wanted an opinion on how it looked on her, but who knew that psycho would let his sickly desire get the best of him?"

"I see, so what happened after?"

"Thankfully, we came back home just in time before anything could happen, Appa ran into the house when he heard Wonwoo sobbing and screaming for help. When we arrived to her room, we saw Wonwoo trapped under the man, trying to get out of his hold. Appa punched the man and cut off all ties with him. I immediately called in the family doctor, fortunately, we were told she suffered no major physical injuries, only emotional scars. Wonwoo hasn't been to any company events since the incident, and only has human contact with people she trust."

"No wonder she refused to tell me anything."

"However, due to this, whenever there's a downpour, her trauma will always relapse so please stay by her side when that happens, she is usually very weak during that period of time because she's reminded of her trauma."

"Yes, I definitely will, Eomma."

"Is she better now?"

"Yes, I've consoled her to sleep, she fell asleep half an hour ago, Eomma, you don't have to worry. I'm sorry to disturb you at this late timing."

"It's alright, please tell Wonnie to give me a call tomorrow, when she's ready."

"Yes, Eomma, have a good night."

"Good night, Mingyu."

*Call Ended...*

-Minwon's Room-

[Mingyu retired to their bed once he was done with his work for the night, he made sure Wonwoo was still sleeping before he laid down and slept beside her. During the middle of the night, Wonwoo shot up from her sleep, waking up the other sleeping figure.]

"Wonwoo, it's okay, I'm here," Mingyu pulled the other closer as she panted heavily upon waking up. "It's just a nightmare, I'm here to keep you safe now," Mingyu assured as he placed a kiss on top of his wife's head.

"Y-you already know?" Wonwoo looked up at her husband. "Yes, I called Eomma," Wonwoo felt a nod. "I told you that you would find me-"

"Hey, I never said that," Mingyu furrowed his brows before loosening it. "I would never ever think that of you, it's the bastard's fault for being so ing immature."

"I- That was also why I was so agitated about Kim Song Jae that last time," Wonwoo explained, as Mingyu signalled for her to continue. "He- He played with my feelings, just so he could- do that thing with me, he obviously knew I was uncomfortable with it but- still forced himself onto me, he was just in love with my body. I found out about that when I overheard his conversation with his friend by accident and I was devastated because I thought it was true love, and I felt so disgusted with myself. I didn't tell you any of this because I was scared of what you were going to think of me." Wonwoo cried, as she thought of the hurt she felt.

"No, don't think like that, Wonwoo. It's not your fault that all these happened, it's just the wrong people you've met. I promise that I won't make you feel like that, Wonwoo, don't feel so inferior about yourself, you're perfect the way you are," Wonwoo hugged her husband tightly.

Each day passes and my love for her is getting stronger...

"Thank you, Mingyu, for being here for me," Wonwoo let a few tears drop again. "Don't cry, I'm your husband, it's my duty to protect you," Mingyu kissed Wonwoo before pulling her into another hug and both drifted off to sleep.

<<>>

*****

Wonwoo's trauma is finally revealed, sorry for the really long wait. Thank you for reading, feel free to leave some comments!

*****