The Spread (11)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Jeon's Mansion-

"Eomma, I'm off for school now!" Wonwoo shouted as she wore her shoes. "Stay safe and have fun!" Jihye shouted back from the kitchen. "Ne~~" Wonwoo answered as she locked the front door.

Isn't that Mingyu? Why is he here?

"Mingyu-ssi? Is that you?" Wonwoo approached the familiar figure. "Morning."

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Wonwoo blinked to herself, making sure it wasn't a dream. "I can't be here? Fine, I'll leave," Mingyu started walking off. "No, Mingyu-ssi," Wonwoo grabbed onto Mingyu's wrist. "I'll go with you," Wonwoo's cheeks tinted pink before letting go of Mingyu's wrist as they started walking to school.

"Why did you want to go to school with me instead of your friends?" Wonwoo initiated the conversation. "I never said I wanted to go with you," Mingyu started harshly. "I mean, I d-doubt that you would go to school with me, considering how much you dislike me, right?" 

"Just walk and stop asking questions, and for the record, I hate you," Mingyu said as he sped up and left Wonwoo walking by herself behind.

He hates me? 

Why did I even think that this would work out to forget about Younghee? Who am I kidding?

-Pledis University-

"Omo, they came to school together?" Jeonghan asked upon seeing the two entering the school gates. "Must've been the advice we gave him, but what's with the huge gap?" Seungcheol said as he removed his arm from Jeonghan's waist. "I wonder too, I'll go catch up with Wonnie, see you in class!" Jeonghan pecked Seungcheol's cheek before going off to her friend.

"Hey, why did you leave her walking behind? That's not gentlemanly," Seungcheol nudged Mingyu's arm. "She's annoying," Mingyu walked towards his locker to get his books for class. "So you took in the advice?" 

"No, since Younghee was the one who always did it with me, I just felt weird not having someone to walk with, don't think too much into it," Mingyu just didn't want to admit it. "If you say so," Seungcheol raised his brow in doubt.

"Wonnie!" Jeonghan stopped after reaching her friend. "Morning, unnie."

"Aww, why the sad face?" Jeonghan said as she ruffled Wonwoo's brown locks. "It's nothing, the rest are there, let's go," Wonwoo hooked arms with Jeonghan before walking to the locker area. "You sure?" Jeonghan asked worriedly before receiving a slight nod from the other. 

"We can go now, they're here," Seungkwan said as she saw her friends approach. "It's rare to see you without your Hansollie," Jihoon teased. "Shut up unnie, you're no better," Seungkwan retorted as she blushed. 

"Quit squabbling, we're gonna be late if we don't go now," Minghao reminded as she pulled the two along. "The usual," Wonwoo chuckled along with Jeonghan at the sight of her friends. 

At least something cheers me up.

"Cheollie and the rest are already seated, let's go find them," Jeonghan said as she pointed to the crowded table across them. Wonwoo and her friends headed towards the table to sit beside their boyfriends, except for Minghao and Wonwoo, both not knowing where to sit. 

"Minghao, here, sit beside Junhui," Jeonghan said while pulling her hand to sit down on the seat beside her. "M-may I sit here?" A blush crept up to Minghao's cheek. 

"Aren't you already seated?" Junhui folded his arms. "Junhui-ah, don't be rude. Please don't care about him, he's just being grumpy," Seungcheol commented as he smacked Junhui's arm, giving a smile to assure the other. "I-it's okay," Minghao stuttered as she sipped her beverage.

"Isn't that Kim Mingyu? Why isn't he with Younghee?"

"That's weird, isn't he always with his girlfriend?" 

"Wonder where's that girlfriend of his who sticks to him like glue."

"Aish, these people, don't mind them," Wonwoo looked towards Mingyu, who had a frown evident on his face. "I didn't hear anything." 

"Oh there she is- wait, who's that new guy? Isn't her boyfriend over there?" One person commented as Younghee walked in with another boy.

"Hansollie, look," Seungkwan nudged Hansol as he was stuffing his mouth with food. "Boo, keep it down, Mingyu's still here," Hansol whispered but was too late. "She's coming over here now-"

"Min-" Mingyu perked up and wrapped an arm around Wonwoo, causing the latter to freeze on the spot. "Can I help you, Younghee-ssi?" Mingyu asked still back-facing the two as the rest stared amongst the two. 

"So it's Younghee-ssi now, huh?" The lady rolled her eyes. "Mingyu I just want to-" Younghee linked arms with the guy beside her. "-introduce you to my boyfriend," Mingyu's eyebrow creased as more chatters were heard.

"That's her new boyfriend?"

"That's so sad for Mingyu."

"Such a backstabber." 

"Mingyu's still the better catch though."

"Well, I'm glad you already moved on," Mingyu stood up to face Younghee. "This is my fiancée, who I think you already know, thank you for making me realise that," Mingyu placed his lips onto Wonwoo's. The whole canteen suddenly went quiet as everyone stared in shock at the scene, all their friends were also very surprised by the sudden interaction. 

"His fiancée? Oh my, they're so cute together!"

"So cute! Look at her blush."

"Wah~ They look like a match made in heaven!"

"Min-" Younghee was in shock. "You like her?!" Younghee looked at him with protruding eyes. "Your standards must have dropped," Younghee mocked as she crossed her arms. 

"What did you mean by that?!" Junhui slammed his hand onto the table as he stood up in anger. "This. This is exactly what I mean. Look at all the man she has in her life, what a ," Younghee skimmed Wonwoo from head to toe, her remark caused everyone's attention to be fixed at the table. 

Did she just call me a ?

"Woah, did that just come out from ?" Hansol couldn't believe what he was hearing, he never expected Mingyu's ex-girlfriend to be such a crude person. "I think it just did. Mingyu, aren't you going to do something about that?" Jeonghan urged the boy. "I-"

"Look, Wonwoo, your Kim Mingyu doesn't even find the need to defend you, look at how pathetic you are, you don't deserve anyone's love. I pity you, little . Even after we broke up, he still cares for me, not you, I guess you're just not that attractive," Younghee was laughing, Wonwoo was looking down at the ground, trying to hold back her tears and anger. "Cat got your tongue, Jeon Wonwoo? You attention-seeking -"

"Excuse me for my language, but would you shut it?!" Wonwoo stood up from her chair with force, causing the chair to fall. "I'm none of those you just said about me. Kang Younghee, you don't know me personally, so you have no right to say that about me. It's your own fault that he broke up with you, don't vent your anger on someone else, you caused your own plight. Everyone has a limit, Younghee, don't push it," Wonwoo had her fists clenched, as she took her stand calmly. 

"Wow, look at how brave and innocent you sound, making me the bad person here? You don't want to admit that you're just a ing who actually want someone's love, who knows if you've actually ed someone before?" Younghee was looking towards Junhui. "Tsk, what a-" That was the limit and she earned a slap.

"I told you, Younghee, I'm human! I have feelings too! Get the out of here before I-" Wonwoo was approaching Younghee, who was still holding her face. "Woah, woah, woah. Get your girlfriend out of here," Jeonghan was holding back Wonwoo from doing anything stupid, signalling to the guy. "Let's go, baby," the guy pulled her out as the canteen went noisy again. 

"Wonwoo?" Junhui called out, worried about his friend.

"Junhui, I told you before, I don't like you. You don't have to do all this, look at what happened, now the whole school thinks I'm a ," Wonwoo blurted out without even thinking.

"Wonwoo! How can you say that? Younghee was the one doing all that, and Junhui was defending you. When your fiancé never did, you can't just blame it on Junhui, that's-" Minghao retaliated as she pointed fingers.

"Minghao, that's enough. It's my fault, I shouldn't have said a thing."

"See, look at how much he loves you, he doesn't even say you're wrong. Do you not realise how lucky you are?" Minghao was getting heated up.

"I have him," Wonwoo grabbed onto Mingyu's arm as Junhui felt a sharp pain in his chest, Mingyu simply removed Wonwoo's fingers away from him. 

"Junhui would never do that," Minghao referred to Mingyu's action. "Xu Minghao, just stop it!" 

"I won't! You deserve more than this, you're hurt, I know that very well, Wen Junhui. I understand how you feel so I'll never let you get hurt because you mean the world to me, and whatever Wonwoo is doing is just-" Junhui couldn't stand someone insulting his first love, so he slapped her across the face, in an attempt to stop her from going on, without thinking. 

"Junhui! Why did you do that for?!" Wonwoo shouted as she caressed her friend's burning cheek. 

"L-look at t-that, I really shouldn't have, now you see the difference between loving someone who loves you back, and loving someone who doesn't," Minghao had tears streaming down her face. "Wonwoo, you have something that I will never have, that's how lucky you really are," Minghao sniffed as she packed her stuff. "I'll s-see you guys a-around," Minghao took her bag and left the table, with a broken heart. 

"Junhui, you made the girl cry," Soonyoung sighed as he saw the scene. "She'll get over it, like she always does. The next thing you know, she'll come to me again," Junhui laughed it off, as if it didn't affect him.

"And what if she doesn't, hyung?" Hansol questioned back, and it did let Junhui become scared for a moment, but he shrugged it off eventually. "Urgh, are you guys my friends or not?" Junhui left the table out of frustration.

"How could he reject a girl like Minghao?"

"She's such a good girl, he's so lucky but he doesn't realise it."

"That's such a ed up situation. All the love triangles."

"I'll head to the ladies," Wonwoo left the table as well, unable to stay there further to remind her of what happened.

-Kim's Mansion-

"Dinner's ready!" Yena stated as everyone proceeded to the dining room. 

"May I ask why are we invited to have this dinner?" Jungkook scratched her head while awaiting an answer. "Well, we wanted to discuss the wedding plans," Yena replied as Mingyu and Wonwoo both choked on their drinks. "Wow, such chemistry," Jungkook was amused by the situation.

"W-wedding?" Wonwoo asked hesitantly, as she looked over at Mingyu.

"Since all the drama is over, the wedding should go on, it has to, afterall," Jihye continued. 

"So when's the wedding?" Mingyu questioned, shocking everyone at the table. "It's supposedly two weeks later?" Joowon suggested. "I think it's feasible," Jaemin nodded along. 

"How about next week?"

<<❤>>