The Announcement (01)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Jeon Corporations-

"Wonwoo, can you come to my office for a moment please?" Jeon Joowon, Chairman of the Jeon Corporations began as he walked into his office. "Of course, Appa," Jeon Wonwoo, his eldest daughter complied. 

[Wonwoo knew instantly that her father had something important to talk about since he had called her into his office, he would only do so if there was something important to discuss.]

"What's so important that you needed to speak to me inside your office?" Wonwoo scrolled through her phone, not giving a glance to the elder. "Please close the door after you enter," Joowon requested as Wonwoo walked in. 

"The reason I asked you to come into my office is to tell you a very important matter that will definitely affect your future," Joowon started in a serious tone, giving a stern look to the young lady, who was distracted by her phone. 

"Jeon Wonwoo, can you please put away your phone?" Joowon cleared his throat loudly, alarming the said female. "Okay, what is it?" Wonwoo placed her phone into her pocket casually, as she grinned foolishly, clearly not finding the situation serious.

"Your wedding with Kim Mingyu is happening anytime this year, are you going to get serious?" Joowon furrowed his eyebrows after revealing the news.

"It is?" 

"This was already planned since you were young, the contract was signed by your Mother and I with his parents," Joowon informed as he displayed the document.

"Didn't you say it would be held after our graduation?" Wonwoo skimmed through the contract while her query was made. "It's only a few months until your graduation, so the faster the better, we would be able to continue with the company projects at a faster pace."

"Appa, Mingyu-ssi has a girlfriend, we can't do that out of nowhere," Wonwoo's eyebrows creased, reminding herself of the heart-breaking fact. 

"Chairman Kim says we don't have to worry about that, he'll settle that problem," Joowon assured Wonwoo with a smile. 

"We'll be meeting them this evening, please make yourself presentable and leave the rest to the adults," Joowon added before dismissing the young lady. 

I'll be getting married with Kim Mingyu? This is definitely a dream come true.

-Kim Corporations-

"I'M... WHAT?!"

"Kim Mingyu, you're getting married," Kim Jaemin, Chairman of Kim Corporations announced happily.

"That's great news! When's the wedding with Younghee? We've only dated for half a year, I'm surprised you like her so-" Mingyu was beaming happily.

"Younghee? No, it's not her you're getting married with," Jaemin shook his head in response. 

"Not her?! Then who?!" 

"I've already told you this before when you were younger, you need someone to take care of you in future, so your Mother and I have found the perfect person for you," Jaemin clarified slowly, allowing his son to take in the news. 

"Father, I thought you were joking before, and even so, I've told you before to drop this, I love Younghee, and I won't marry anyone else!" Kim Mingyu, the successor of the company retaliated in disapproval. 

"No objections, young man. This decision was made years ago, the contract was signed and it's final," Jaemin gave his stand sternly, making the younger quiet down.

"We're having dinner with the in-laws tonight, so you'd better prepare yourself proper, the driver is picking you up at 6pm tonight," Jaemin gave his last words before shifting his focus to the pile of documents on his desk.

"Yes, Father," Mingyu groaned in annoyance.

I will definitely not agree to this stupid marriage!

-Wonwoo's Room-

"Which dress should I wear? The red one or the blue one? Hmmm~" Wonwoo muttered to herself as she faced the mirror.

"Oh come on, it's just a dinner, whatever you wear won't really make a difference. Plus, I've never seen you wear dresses," Wonwoo's sister, who was sitting on her bed commented at the hilarious situation, trying to recall the last time she wore a dress.

"Just a dinner?! Jeon Jungkook, it's my marriage business we're talking about here! Of course I must look presentable for MY Kim Mingyu, I'm sure he would like me to look pretty!" Wonwoo fired back boldly.

"YOUR Kim Mingyu? Unnie, he has a girlfriend so he belongs to someone else, mind you?" Jungkook flicked the older's forehead.

"I'm sure we'll get along just fine! Have you seen him? His visuals are just-" Wonwoo stared off dreamily.

"Oh my gosh, I'm out of here," Jungkook said before leaving the room. "Stop daydreaming and hurry downstairs for dinner," the younger rolled her eyes as she headed downstairs.

-Mingyu's Room-

*Calling Baby...*

"Younghee, I don't want to go for this stupid dinner!" 

"Baby, if your parents find out you didn't go because of me, they'll probably dislike me for that."

"BUT-"

"Come on, just go for my sake? It's not like you won't be seeing me after, and you probably wouldn't go against your father's wishes, would you, oppa?"

"Alright then, just for your sake." 

"That's my boy, I love you, baby!"

"I love you more!"

*Call Ended...*

[Mingyu saw a car arriving at his doorstep a few minutes later, he stepped out of the house after one final check at his hair and attire. Even though he was reluntant about this arrangement, he still needed to look handsome and maintain his perfect image.]

"Good evening, Young Master, are we ready to go?" His driver asked as he opened the car door for Mingyu.

"Good evening, Ahjussi. Of course I have to be ready, let's get this over and done with," The younger remarked as he made his way into the car.

-Jeon's Mansion-

"Is the food ready yet?" Jihye questioned the helper in the kitchen. "Yes, Ma'am, the food is ready, I shall bring it out now."

"It's already 6:30pm, the in-laws should be arriving soon. Wonwoo-yah, get ready," Joowon said, upon adjusting his tie. 

"Alright, Appa," Wonwoo replied, getting more nervous by the second. "YOUR Kim Mingyu is coming~" Jungkook teased, noticing the nervous look on her sister's face.

"Stop fooling around, Jungkook," Wonwoo nudged her elbow, successfully gaining the attention of a certain lady. "Kookie, please be serious, this is an important dinner," Jihye reminded firmly.

"Yes, Eomma. I'm sorry, Unnie," Jungkook straightened up, after realising the seriousness of the occasion. "It's okay."

Please let this run smoothly.

<<❤>>