The School Day (04)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Younghee's Apartment-

"Baby, rise and shine~" Younghee patted Mingyu's chest lightly. "It's still 0600, babe, school starts at 0800," Mingyu groaned as he checked his alarm and plopped down to the pillow again.

"Didn't you want to go to the cafe today?" Younghee reminded as Mingyu pulled her closer. "Oh right! How could I forget? Let's go have our breakfast date!" Mingyu exclaimed excitedly as he woke up and pulled Younghee into the toilet. 

"Whose toothbrush is that?" Mingyu asked, upon noticing an unfamiliar toothbrush in the toilet. "O-oh, uh-, no one's in particular, hehe... I just like to switch my toothbrushes sometimes," Younghee suddenly became a little flustered at the sudden confrontation. "How cute," Mingyu pecked her nose before squeezing his toothpaste.

Maybe I'm just over thinking...

"How typical of you," Younghee chuckled as they started to brush their teeth. "You're so clingy, baby," Younghee commented as Mingyu back-hugged her. "But you love this clingy one," Mingyu stated. "Hehe, that's true." 

-Shining Diamonds Cafe-

"Oh gosh, look at the queue!" Younghee gasped as she saw the long queue. "Don't be so shocked, babe, it's famous in this area. Anyway, school is just 10 minutes away so we likely won't be late if we queue now."

"Alright, alright, let's order our meals then hurry to school before we run late," Younghee reminded Mingyu before they took their seats. "Wait for me, babe," Mingyu gave a light peck to Younghee before going to order their meals.

[It just so happened that a certain girl caught sight of the sweet interaction which she would rather have not seen at all, it makes her upset, but what can she do? Perhaps it's a sign from God.]

Looks like he's doing fine? Guess now I know why he hates this marriage so much, he loves his girlfriend a lot, and I love him so much...

-Pledis University-

"Hey, Wonnie! You're here early today!" Junhui, Wonwoo's best guy friend exclaimed excitedly upon her arrival. "You look a little tired though," Junhui noticed her eye bags. "I didn't sleep a lot last night," Wonwoo replied after she took a seat beside him. 

"Aww~ What made you not able to sleep last night? Is it because of Kim Mingyu? Too tired, eh~?" Jeonghan wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah, right... He totally didn't glared at me the whole evening," Wonwoo rolled her eyes, while smacking Jeonghan. "Could you be more sarcastic than that?" Seungkwan laughed at her obvious words.

"How could he? You're so attractive," Junhui said in disapproval. "Oh shut up, we know you're only saying that because you have a crush on her," Jihoon stated, while looking at Junhui, as Minghao felt a piercing pain in her heart. 

Why can't he be like Junhui, at least just a bit?

"Hey, your friends are over there," Minghao spoke towards Junhui, unable to hear any further. "They seem to be looking for you," Minghao continued as she gestured to Seungcheol waving in their direction. 

"See you, Wonwoo!" Junhui patted her shoulder as he took his leave. "Are we non-existent?" Seungkwan questioned sarcastically. "Sorry, that's just how he is, he's not as close to you girls anyway," Wonwoo apologised. 

"You don't have to remind us," Minghao said as she rolled her eyes. "Minghao, please, you know it's not Wonwoo's fault that he likes her," Jeonghan stated as she furrowed her eyebrows, she hates seeing her friends argue. "Yeah, I know, sorry Wonwoo, my temper just got the best of me," Minghao apologised with a hug. "It's alright, Ming," Wonwoo returned the hug with a smile.

[Wonwoo understands deeply, this feeling of loving someone, who doesn't love you back, hence, she doesn't blame her friend.]

-Mathematics Class-

"Shhh, Mr Choi is here!" Jeonghan shouted to the class once she spotted his appearance. 

[Everyone rushed back to their seats, knowing that they would get into trouble for not behaving from the discipline master, who also happens to be their Math teacher.]

"Class, please take out your textbooks while I take your attendance," Mr Choi stated once he walked into class, getting his files out.

Where is he? He's going to be in trouble if he's not here yet.

[Just before Mr Choi started marking the attendance, Younghee and Mingyu barged into the classroom, both slowing down to catch their breaths, judging by the heavy panting, they must've ran.]

"Sorry we're late, Mr Choi! The bus got stuck in a jam," Mingyu gained his breath back, still holding onto Younghee's hand tightly.

"At least you're here now, take your seats, lesson is starting soon. Oh, and please keep your PDAs outside class," Mr Choi reminded the couple, who immediately removed their hands on instinct. 

When did he ever take the bus? He has a driver.

"Alright, that's all for today. Thank you class, you may head out for lunch now," Mr Choi thanked the class before leaving.

"Thank you, Mr Choi~" The class greeted in unison.

-Pledis University Canteen-

"Hey, why were you both late?" Seungcheol started the topic once they located their table. "Well, Mingyu and I had breakfast together and we lost track of time!" Younghee answered.

"What led you guys to chat for so long?" Soonyoung asked curiously. "Just the arrangements his parents made for him, his wedding plans," Younghee stated as she held Mingyu's hand.

"Oh, his wedding plans..." Hansol nodded. "What?! He's getting married?!" The rest except for Younghee and Junhui questioned in shock. "Wait, 'his wedding plans'? Isn't it supposed to be 'our wedding plans'? Like you and him?" Seungcheol asked in confusion. 

"Well, it's a long story..." Mingyu started explaining to his friends.

-Wonwoo's Table-

"Unnie, how was the talk yesterday? About your wedding?" Seungkwan asked curiously. "Don't even get me started," Wonwoo groaned.

"Apparently, her crush doesn't like her," Jeonghan revealed.

"Aww~ You poor thing," Seungkwan her friend's hair. "No worries, I'm sure after the wedding, he's gonna be head over heels for you!" Jihoon said encouragingly. 

"Thank you but I doubt so, he hates the sight of me. He even wanted to call off the wedding, he loves his girlfriend, not me," Wonwoo felt very sad and there was a comfortable silence at the table, all not wanting to make the situation worser.

-Jeon's Mansion-

"Dinner's ready! Hurry down kids!" Jihye called. "Coming!" Wonwoo and Jungkook answered at the same time, while making their way downstairs. "I'm home!" Joowon exclaimed. "Great, just in time for dinner!"

"So kids, how was school today?" Joowon started the topic while sipping his soup, while Jungkook began rambling about how she had a fun day at school.

Great, just great. Best school day ever.

"That's great Kookie! How about you, Wonnie?" Jihye asked, concerned since Wonwoo hasn't spoken. "It was okay, Eomma. Hung out with my friends at school, the usual," Wonwoo replied almost immediately.

"Did you see Mingyu at school today?" Jaemin asked out of curiosity.

Yes, saw him all lovey-dovey to his girlfriend.

"Yes, I saw him today, but we didn't talk much," Wonwoo replied, sensing tears coming to her eyes. "Erm... Sorry, Eomma, Appa and Kookie, if there's nothing else here, I would like to head to my room now, I have an assignment to complete. Thank you for the meal," Wonwoo finished her last words and ran up to her room, for fear of shedding tears at the dinner table.

"Should I go check on her?" Jungkook asked her parents, worried about her sister. "No, it's fine, leave her alone for now, I think time is all she needs," Jaemin said while sighing, sensing what he predicted might have happened. "Yes, Appa."

Why does he treat me like this? He loves someone else, not me. I like him but what can I do? I'm just hopelessly in love with him.

[Wonwoo cried on her bed the whole night, thinking about Mingyu. She lied about having an assignment to complete, just didn't want to cry in front of her family.]

<<❤>>