The Start (14)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<>>

-Wedding Venue-

"Now, we'll have the newlyweds to join their parents at the table, food will be served shortly," Miss Jung commented happily as Mingyu pulled out the chair for Wonwoo. "Thank you, Mingyu-ssi," Wonwoo smiled happily as she took her seat. "It's just because everyone is watching," Mingyu whispered into Wonwoo's ear before returning to his seat beside her.

Of course, what do I expect? He has no feelings for me.

"That's right, that's how you should be," Yena said proudly as he his son's hair. "Mother, you're going to mess up my hair," Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows as Wonwoo chuckled, while the food was being served.

"Hey, Isn't that Kang Younghee? She's leaving with her boyfriend?" Seungkwan asked as she saw the scene, as her friends started staring at the couple. 

"She must be too upset to see Mingyu and Wonwoo happily married, she deserves that," Jihoon stated as she took a bite. "Well that's none of our business, let's not ruin the happy occasion," Soonyoung said as he took his champagne. 

"A toast to the newlyweds!" Soonyoung shouted as all the guests took their glasses. "Thank you, everyone," Wonwoo replied gratefully as Mingyu just gave a cold smile.

[Everyone present at the wedding had a great time, enjoying the food and various short performances and also some speeches from both side of the families.]

"Well, it's about time to send all the guests off," Jaemin glanced at his watch and adjusted his attire.

"Thank you for coming tonight, have a pleasant night!" The newly wedded couple and their parents repeated the constant greeting as the guests started to leave.

"Both of you will be staying at the mansion we prepared for you," Yena stated as they left the venue after changing out. "Why? We could just stay at our houses, Mother, it doesn't matter," Mingyu crossed his arms. 

"Married couples stay together, my son, it's time to change your thinking now that you're married," Jaemin stated with his creased forehead. "Yes, Father, we'll be staying there then," Mingyu obeyed reluctantly as he didn't wish to go against his father's wishes. 

"Thank you Mr and Mrs Kim," Wonwoo bowed towards her parents-in-law. 

"I think it's time to change the greeting?" Yena questioned as she held Wonwoo's hands. "I meant Mother and Father," Wonwoo corrected upon realisation. "Such a cute daughter-in-law I have, treat her well, Mingyu-ah," Yena stated as she hit Mingyu's chest lightly. 

"Mother, can we leave now?" Mingyu asked, rather tiredly, wanting to avoid the topic. "Sure thing, Mingyu will be driving both of you home," Jaemin stated as he pointed at the car. "I will text him the location."

"Since they've provided the mansion, we've provided a helper, just in case you kids need some help," Jihye spoke after they all got ready to leave. "Have a good rest, kids," Joowon ended the conversation. 

"Thank you, Eomma, Appa, Father and Mother, please get home safely," Wonwoo said before hugging all her parents. "Let's get going," Mingyu pulled Wonwoo towards the car and started the car engine. 

[The car ride home was silent, Wonwoo looked out the window and thought about all the events that happened throughout the night.]

"We're here," Mingyu unbuckled his seatbelt as both started getting out of the car. "Let's get inside, I'm tired," Mingyu started going towards the mansion as Wonwoo ran to catch up.

"A-are we s-sleeping in the s-same room?" Wonwoo stuttered as Mingyu stopped in his tracks. "What do you think our families would say if we slept separately?" Mingyu questioned back as he headed towards the master bedroom.

I just didn't expect you to be sleeping with me.

"Our wedding photo's already here?" Wonwoo noticed the framed wedding portrait upon entering the room. "It must've been Mother, just get to sleep already," Mingyu responded as he crashed onto the bed. "Mingyu-ssi, you should at least take a shower," Wonwoo said as she gathered her clothes. "I'll do it tomorrow morning, I'm dead tired," Mingyu said as he dozed off, while Wonwoo went to take her shower.

"He must be worn out," Wonwoo dried her hair as she mumbled. "What a handsome man," she mumbled as she his hair.

How can he still look this good even when he's asleep?

"Sleep tight, Mingyu-ssi, I love you so much," Wonwoo kissed his forehead before tucking him into the blankets and lying next to him at a distance, figuring that Mingyu might be uncomfortable at the skinship.

[Wonwoo switched off the alarm before stretching and looking at her now wedded finger, smiling at it lovingly.]

I'm married to Mingyu now, it still seems like a dream... It even has our initials engraved, 민♡우, must have been Eomma and Mother, always thinking of how to get us closer.

[After staring at her ring for a couple more minutes, she started to get out of bed and tidied herself up before heading downstairs.]

"Good morning, Wonwoo-ah, breakfast is ready," the helper greeted. "Oh, it's you! I'm so happy to see you!" Wonwoo hugged the helper from her house, who has been there for her since young. 

"Thank you for the food, Soomin," Wonwoo started to eat. "Have you seen Mingyu-ssi?" 

"No, Wonwoo, I haven't seen him, he must've went out early today, he wasn't even here when I arrived this morning." 

"Alright, all done! I'll be heading to school now," Wonwoo grabbed her backpack and went out. 

"Stay safe, Wonwoo-ah!"

"Alright, Soomin, see you later!"

"Miss Wonwoo?" Wonwoo heard her name being called once she was done wearing her shoes. "Can I help you? Oh, how did you know my name?" Wonwoo asked, concerned. 

"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce, I'm your chauffeur, I'll be the one to send you around, Chairman Kim hired me," the driver replied. 

"I see, are you able to send me to school now? I am running a little late," Wonwoo requested while checking her watch. "Of course, Young Mistress Wonwoo," the driver says while opening the car door. "Thank you, and please, just call me Wonwoo," Wonwoo unable to get used to the formalities.

Why didn't he wait for me? 

<<>>