The Trust (28)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<>>

-Minwon's Mansion-

[It was a bright and sunny morning, Mingyu woke up quietly and slowly so as to not wake his wife up. Mingyu walked to his study room before getting a phone call.]

"Oh, you're up early, Mingyu!" Soomin was surprised to see Mingyu this early, usually he would sleep till a little later in the day. "Yes, Soomin, I have to make an urgent phone call and I didn't want to wake Wonwoo up because she had a really tiring day yesterday," Mingyu's phone rang just as he finished.

*Incoming call from Secretary...*

"Hi, Good Morning, Mr Kim, what time would you like me to schedule today's meeting?"

"I would like it to be scheduled at 1pm in the afternoon, I have quite a number of documents and projects to brief on, Soojung. The meeting might take some time."

"Oh, why so?"

"I want to spend some time with my wife so I will take two days off from work, I will notify Father separately."

"That's so sweet of you, Mr Kim, your wife is so lucky."

"No, I'm the lucky one for having her as my wife."

"Alright, Mr Kim, see you later!"

"See you later, you can still call me if there are urgent matters... I will answer when I'm free during the two days."

"Yes, Mr Kim. Goodbye."

*Call Ended...*

"You're not going to work today, Mingyu?" Wonwoo overheard the conversation as she rubbed her eyes.

How cute...

"No, Wonwoo, I'm heading to office in awhile, then i'm taking two days off," Mingyu answered. "Why?" Wonwoo raised her brows. "I wanted to spend some time with you," Mingyu stated as the other blushed. "Erm, you don't have to, I'm not that important."

"What are you saying? Of course you are! You're my wife and the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with," Wonwoo was touched at what Mingyu said, she walked over and hugged him. "Thank you, Mingyu," a blush slowly crept up to her cheeks.

"For what?" Mingyu asked as he caressed her. "For opening up to me," Wonwoo continued as they stood there and hugged for a couple more minutes. "Then would you like to go for a date with me tomorrow?" Mingyu finally said the words he wanted to say since awhile ago.

Mingyu just asked me out for a date... I know we're married, but it's still feels so surreal to me.

"Where would we be going, Mingyu?" Wonwoo got curious and asked. "I can't tell you that yet, obviously," Mingyu kept the suspense. "So is that a yes or no?" Mingyu questioned one more time as his wife nodded, then hugged Mingyu again as she blushed a deeper red.

She's so cute...

"Excuse me, I still exist," Soomin cleared , breaking the lovebirds from their hug, while coming over to call them to breakfast. "You can be lovey-dovey later, please head down for breakfast now," Soomin instructed as Mingyu held onto his wife's hand to lead her down to the dining room.

-Minwon's Bedroom-

[The couple went back to their bedroom after finishing breakfast, Mingyu was getting ready for work as Wonwoo was reading her book.]

"Let me help you with that," Wonwoo saw her husband struggling with his tie. "Fancy not knowing how to tie this when you're always wearing a suit, Mr Kim," Wonwoo chuckled as she adjusted. "I did that on purpose so that you would help me, Mrs Kim," Mingyu looked into her eyes and Wonwoo blushed at their close contact.

He always gets my heart racing...

"All done," Wonwoo said as she did the finished touches. "Thank you, I'll be heading to work now, see you tonight? I'll instruct Uncle to pick you up," Mingyu said as he kissed her cheek.

"Yes, of course, text me when you're done with work," Wonwoo replied as she went back to read her book. "Sure."

-Kim Corporations-

[It was almost time for the meeting and Mingyu realised that he had forgotten to bring an important document for a new project so he decided to phone his wife.]

*Calling Wonwoo...*

"Hello?"

"Hi, Wonwoo, I left an important document at home, and forgot to bring it with me as I came down. Could you bring it down for me instead? I need it urgently."

"Oh, sure thing, I'll get there as fast as I can."

"Thank you. I'll see you in my office."

"See you, bye."

*Called Ended...*

[It didn't take too long for Wonwoo to reach the office as she called up their chauffeur to pick her up and send her there as Mingyu told her that he needed it as soon as possible.]

"Good Afternoon, may I know which level is Mingyu's office?" Wonwoo went straight to front desk to ask, but was sent a weird gaze instead. "Min- You mean Mr Kim? No one ever calls him by his name here," the lady at the front desk wasn't aware that Wonwoo was his wife since it wasn't officially announced to the company as yet.

"Yes, I have an important document to pass to Min- him," Wonwoo replied politely. "I'll pass it to him instead so just leave it here," the lady replied. "It's fine, I would like to pass it to him myself, please," Wonwoo wanted to make sure that the file was brought safely to her husband, as she knew it was an important document.

"Hey, just pass the file to me, why are you so persistent?! I'll make sure he gets it!" The front desk lady shouted at Wonwoo, which gained a lot of attention from everyone on the ground floor of the building. "I-" Wonwoo looked embarrassed as everyone stared at her weirdly.

"Mari, what kind of attitude was that? You're being very unreasonable, just because you want to see Mr Kim doesn't mean that you have to react like this," a voice was heard behind that sounded familiar to Wonwoo. "Mr Choi- I-"

"Do you know who she is?" Seungcheol questioned authoritatively, while Mari looked down in shame. "She's Mingyu's wife, so you better not disrespect her," Seungcheol stated as Mari stared at them in shock.

"Let's go, Wonwoo, I'll show you up to Mingyu's office since I'm here to see him too," Seungcheol led the way as Wonwoo followed. "Thank you, Seungcheol oppa," Wonwoo thanked as they made their way to the elevator. "Please don't mind them, girls over here are just crazy over Mingyu, that happens quite often here," Seungcheol shook his head in disapproval. "Yes, I can see why. Don't worry, I won't put it to heart," Wonwoo chuckled.

"Why are you here, by the way, oppa?" Wonwoo got curious and asked. "Oh, my company is having a collaboration project with Kim Corporations so here I am," Seungcheol answered with his signature smile. "Hannie's going to meet me here later, maybe the two of you can hangout later," his notification alert rang as he spoke. "That would be nice, I haven't seen Unnie in awhile!" Wonwoo got excited.

"Oh we're here," Seungcheol announced as the elevator clicked. "Mingyu's office is right at the end of the hallway, I need to head to the restroom first so you can go ahead, Wonwoo," Seungcheol pointed the direction as the other nodded. "I'll meet you guys later."

-Mingyu's Office-

"Hey, Mr Kim, here's the report you asked for, I've just completed it," Byul stated. "Thank you, just leave it on my desk will do," Mingyu answered without looking at the lady.

How can he not spare a single look to me? When I look like this?!

"Boss, why don't you want to look at me?" Byul placed the report down before proceeding to move closer to Mingyu. "Get back to work, what are you doing?!" Mingyu questioned as he felt her getting closer to him but didn't want to lose his focus on his document.

"You really can't tell what I'm doing?" Byul asked flirtatiously as she sat onto his desk. "You know I could fire you anytime right?" Mingyu asked, still browsing through his documents. "Awww, baby, just one time in bed and I'm sure you wouldn't want to," Byul took away the document before putting her hands on his neck. "Get away from me."

"Why are you so afraid? Darling, you know that no one can see us if we do it here..." Byul smirked as she went closer and attempted to kiss Mingyu. "I said get off me," Mingyu warned again, and started to push the girl away, he was trapped between his desk and the lady. "No, baby," Byul stated as she hugged Mingyu very tightly.

"Here's your document!" The door opened and Wonwoo's smile dropped. "Mingyu? What- what are you doing?" Wonwoo was heartbroken at the scene she saw. "Wonwoo, I can explain," Mingyu said as he pushed Byul away when she was not focusing. 

"Okay, explain then," Wonwoo walked over and placed the document on the table, she crossed her arms as she waited for an explanation. "Come over here and I'll show you," Mingyu pulled Wonwoo's hand as he browsed the CCTV recording to show his wife.

Luckily I already have the system set up...

[Wonwoo watched the recording and understood that Mingyu did not reciprocate the other's actions and started to get angry.]

"Do you know why he refuses to look at you?" Wonwoo challenged Byul. "Why?" Byul asked, although she clearly knows the reason. "This," Wonwoo sat onto Mingyu's lap and kissed him, he was taken aback but still kissed his wife back. "Urgh!" Byul stomped her foot and left the office.

"Wow, are you Wonwoo?" Mingyu asked as they broke the kiss. "Of course I am," Wonwoo replied. "That didn't seem like 'Wonwoo behaviour' to me," Mingyu chuckled as his wife blushed. "Don't tease me, I have to protect what's mine," Wonwoo stated as Mingyu pulled her into a hug, not noticing that there was someone else at the door.

"Excuse me, my friend, I'm sorry to break the moment but you have a meeting to attend to," Seungcheol cleared his throat as Wonwoo stood up from Mingyu's lap. "Hi, hyung, you're here. Yes, let me get my documents ready," Mingyu greeted as the other nodded.

"Anyway, did you not inform your staff about Wonwoo?" Seungcheol asked, recalling the situation earlier. "I've only talked about Wonwoo to Soojung and a few of my closer staff," Mingyu replied. "Your front desk lady, she was very rude to Wonwoo earlier on," Seungcheol stated as he continued to talk about the situation. "I'll make sure to get Soojung to speak with her," Mingyu stated firmly.

"I need to go for our meeting now, Wonwoo, you can stay here in my office until I finish," Mingyu suggested while looking at his watch before he led Wonwoo to the couch. "Hannie's arriving in awhile, maybe you can go spend some time together. This meeting would probably take awhile," Seungcheol checked his phone and received a call from his girlfriend.

*Incoming Call from Hannie...*

"Hey, baby, I'm almost reaching Kim Corporations soon."

"Hi, baby, Wonwoo's here too."

"Oh, really? We haven't seen each other in awhile, can't wait!"

"I'll be going in for my meeting soon, you can find Wonwoo at Mingyu's office, alright? See you, baby!"

"Alright, see you!"

*Call Ended...*

"She will be here soon," Seungcheol told Wonwoo as she nodded. "Let me know where you'll be later, I'll pick you up for our dinner," Mingyu pecked Wonwoo's cheeks as he left for his meeting.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, bro, you're so whipped," Seungcheol teased the couple as Wonwoo blushed. "Stop it, hyung," Mingyu whacked his friend as they left the office, laughing.

He kissed me again...

[Wonwoo took the time to explore her husband's office, looking at the photos he had framed on his desk and was pleasantly surprised to see a photo frame of their wedding photo on his desk.]

"Wonnie! I've missed you so much," Jeonghan engulfed her beloved friend in a really tight hug. "Unnie, too tight, I can't breathe," Wonwoo struggled to talk. "Oh, I'm sorry, just too excited to finally see you again," Jeonghan apologised as they took a seat. "Unnie, I'm going on a date with Mingyu tomorrow, could you help me pick out a dress?" Jeonghan nodded immediately. "Of course, let's go!"

-Shining Mall-

[The two ladies went around the mall to look for the perfect dress for Wonwoo, and finally decided to find a place to sit down once they got tired of shopping. Wonwoo texted Mingyu and informed him of their location before taking a seat with Jeonghan, as they waited for their partners.]

"So how's you and Mingyu?" Jeonghan got curious. "I think we're really good so far, he's opening up and showing more affection to me compared to the past, it got a lot better now. I don't know when did it start, but I'm super happy, I've always dreamed of this day since I fell in love with him, and he asked me out for a date tomorrow!" Wonwoo smiled happily as she recalled. "Awww, I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you, Unnie! How about you and Seungcheol oppa? I'm pretty sure it's going well as usual..." Wonwoo asked in return. "Actually..." Jeonghan started as Wonwoo raised an eyebrow and listened attentively. "Cheollie's father want him to marry another girl who would be beneficial to their company's business," Jeonghan sounded sadder as she continued. "Oh no, what did oppa say?"

"It wasn't Cheollie who told me, his brother did," Jeonghan continued. "He told me his father would close down Smile Flower if I didn't break up with-" Jeonghan couldn't bring herself to say the whole statement, but Wonwoo clearly understood it. "I- I really don't want- to leave him- Wonnie, I love Cheollie so so much," Jeonghan continued as she started crying, Wonwoo hugged her tightly as she sobbed. "I know, you were there when he was at his lowest and stayed till now."

"Does Seungcheol oppa know about this?" Jeonghan shook her head. "He didn't mention anything so I bet he doesn't know about this, his father clearly knows how much he loves me too. They knew that if they had asked Seungcheol to break up with me, he wouldn't, so they came to me first," Jeonghan stated as she started tearing again, at the awful thought.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Wonwoo was very concerned, she never ever saw her unnie cry like this before. "I didn't want to bother you or the rest, I know all of you are equally as busy," Jeonghan explained. "Pabo unnie, you know you can tell us anything," Wonwoo soothing circles on the other's back. "I don't know what to do now, Wonnie... I don't want to break up with him, but I can't affect his family business either..."

"Maybe you should talk to Seungcheol oppa? Or I could ask Mingyu to-" Wonwoo was cut off before she could finish. "That's okay, I guess I will talk to Cheollie myself then, thank you. I don't want to bother you or Mingyu," Jeonghan forced out the best smile she could. "Unnie..."

[They could see two figures, walking towards them as they talked, immediately stopping the current topic. Jeonghan frantically wiped her tears away.]

"Hi, Mingyu!" Wonwoo greeted her husband excitedly, jumping into his arms for a hug. "Hey, let's go home for dinner instead, I didn't expect my meeting to end so late, I'll make it up to you tomorrow," Mingyu pecked his wife's forehead after he spoke. "Sure."

"Baby, were you crying?" Seungcheol noticed the red eyes and became concerned. "No, silly, something went into my eyes," Jeonghan came up with an excuse to shake him off, but obviously her boyfriend doesn't look convinced. "Let's go home, baby, I'm tired," Jeonghan requested as Seungcheol collected her shopping bags and exchanged a look with Wonwoo.

"Mingyu, can I ask you something?" Wonwoo turned to her husband. "Hmm?" Mingyu hummed in response. "Could Jeonghan unnie and Seungcheol oppa come with us tomorrow?" Wonwoo asked. "Sure, why not? The more, the merrier!" Jeonghan knew what Wonwoo was trying to do so she appreciated it. "Yay!" Wonwoo exclaimed with great joy, Mingyu smiled as he watched his wife.

She's such a child...

"Then I'll apply for leave," Seungcheol stated. "Do text me the details for tomorrow, Mingyu," Seungcheol requested. "Sure, hyung."

[Both couples parted ways and went back to their respective homes.]

<<❤️>>

*****

Hi guys, I'm finally back, sorry this took so long, so here's a longer chapter! Will Jeonghan and Seungcheol break up? It will be posted one of the upcoming chapters hehe... Do check out Mingyu & Wonwoo music video (Bittersweet) featuring Lee Hi! Once again, thank you for reading and feel free to leave comments! Seventeen came back too, and finally active on Instagram again!! T_T Thank you for reading! :)

*****