The First Dinner (02)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Jeon's Mansion-

"Oh! They're here!" Jihye exclaimed excitedly while adjusting her outfit. "I'll get the door! Honey, Wonnie and Kookie, get yourselves ready!" 

"Jaemin and Yena! It's been so long! You're both still in great shape!" Jihye exclaimed excitedly, seeing the two familiar figures standing at the door. 

"Yes, it's so great to see you!" Yena replies while hugging her best friend. "And I suppose this is Mingyu?" Jihye asked while pointing towards the young man standing beside Jaemin. 

"Good evening, Mrs Jeon, I'm Kim Mingyu, it's nice to meet you," Mingyu greeted politely with a smile. "What a polite boy, good evening, Mingyu," Jihye greeted back with a brighter smile. "Let's have a seat inside since we'll have lots to talk about," Jihye welcomed the guests in.

[Jihye and Yena have been good friends since childhood so it's no surprise that both couples had a close relationship. Both families have their own businesses to take care of, so the Kims and the Jeons have been busy in different aspects.]

-Dining Room-

"Thank you for coming, your son has grown up well," Joowon said while hugging Jaemin and Yena. "That's true, Joowon-ah."

"Let's all have a seat, shall we?" Jihye suggested, upon noticing everyone still standing.

"I see that your children have grown up pretty well!" Yena exclaimed excitedly while Jaemin nodded in agreement.

"Jaemin and Yena, these are my two daughters. This is Jeon Wonwoo, who is the one marrying your son, beside her is her sister, Jeon Jungkook," Jihye introduced, while pointing towards both respectively, who were giving huge smiles towards the visitors. 

"I suppose this handsome young chap is going to be my daughter's partner?" Joowon questioned after spotting Mingyu between the two.

"Yes, this is Mingyu and he'll be getting married with your daughter," Yena replied almost immediately, while Mingyu bowed to the rest.

[Mingyu has been Wonwoo's long-time crush since she found out about the arrangement when she was much younger, she even does small gestures to express her love to him at times, which obviously is unbeknownst to Mingyu, who's used to attention given by girls at school. Of course, her family knows how much she's in love with him, even though it's not mutual and the girl is totally fine with that.]

"Introductions are over so can we get this dinner over with?" Mingyu spoke up, while sending Wonwoo a glare, making the other flinch at the harsh tone, which didn't miss the sight of Jaemin, who had sharp eyes. 

He seems so different from how he usually is, seems like he really doesn't like the sight of me...

"Kim Mingyu, please be respectful, we're the guests here," Jaemin reprimanded him. "I'm so sorry, he's just upset about this whole marriage business," Yena apologised to the family.

"It's alright, we can understand, let's just get on with this dinner then," Joowon didn't want the dinner to become awkward. 

[The awkward situation was still unavoidable as no word was uttered throughout the dinner, causing an uncomfortable atmosphere.]

"Appa, why are we getting married anyway?" Wonwoo broke the silence as she couldn't stand the tense atmosphere any further.

"Well, Wonwoo, your Mother and I have already discussed this with the in-laws and we all felt that this marriage would benefit both companies since we're already the top two in this area," Joowon stated in a firm tone, suggesting that this is a serious matter and the two families did already discuss about this long before. 

"That's right, we actually already planned this when both of you were much younger, so we just needed to wait until the time when both of you are old enough to be married," Jaemin continued on straight after.

"Also, obviously because you are so very in love with your Mingyu," Jungkook whispered beside Wonwoo's ear as the latter nudged her by the elbow. "Nobody asked for your opinion, pabo." 

"I don't see the point in this, we can still be the best even without this stupid marriage! Why should I get married to someone like her?!" Mingyu gestured to the female, moving his hand from her top to bottom. "I barely even know her, Father. Plus, I already have a girlfriend," Mingyu retorted harshly, shocking everyone at the table by his sudden confrontation.

Someone like me? What's wrong with me? He makes me sound so indecent, am I that bad?

"Mingyu, how many times do I have to remind you to be respectful?! What do you mean 'someone like her'?!" Jaemin demanded while getting angry. "Mingyu, that is very uncalled for. It's for the best of both companies, I want you to apologise to Wonwoo immediately," Yena chided her son while looking apologetic towards the Jeons.

"Why should I, Mother? I said nothing wrong," Mingyu remarked cooly, as he sulked and crossed his arms.

"It's alright, Mrs Kim. Mingyu-ssi did nothing wrong, there's no need to apologise," Wonwoo stated as she gave a faint smile, for fear of the situation getting worse.

"I'm so sorry for his behaviour, Wonwoo. He's just so stubborn at times," Yena apologised, as Wonwoo gave her a smile to assure that it was okay. 

[The room fell into silence yet again.]

"Now, enough of this tension. Since we're all done, shall we discuss about the wedding plans?" Jaemin didn't want this argument to affect their mood.

"Yes, we should, let's talk in the living room," Joowon said in reply.

<<❤>>