The Tournament (22)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Minwon's Room-

[For the past few days, Mingyu started interacting more with Wonwoo and they were both getting more comfortable in their interactions with each other.] 

"Hey, what are you up to?" Mingyu walked into their room after finishing his work towards Wonwoo who was sitting on their bed. "Oh, hi, Mingyu. Nothing much actually, I'm just looking for a movie to watch," Wonwoo replied, while playing with the controls. "I see, can I join you?" Mingyu questioned, making Wonwoo surprised.

He wants to watch a movie with me? 

"Of course, I'll go get some popcorn then," Wonwoo answered as she went downstairs to bring some movie snacks, while Mingyu found a movie for them to watch.

[As the movie started, Wonwoo got curious so she decided to ask what's on her mind.]

"Mingyu, can I ask you something?" Wonwoo questioned as the mentioned looked towards her. "Of course," Mingyu paused the movie, before giving Wonwoo his attention. "Why did you want to watch a movie with me?"

"It was because I was done with all my work and didn't have anything else to do after so I decided to join you," Mingyu answered her question. "Oh, I see," Wonwoo acknowledged before playing the movie again.

And yet I thought there was something more, how foolish of me...

[Halfway through the movie, Wonwoo started dozing off, and her head was moving sideways. Mingyu noticed and placed her head onto his shoulder, and pulled the blanket over them. Wonwoo started shifting in his hold so they ended up cuddling as Mingyu put his wife to sleep.]

How could someone look so pretty even when she's asleep?

[Mingyu started to observe her features and they remained like that for half an hour before Wonwoo woke up again.]

"I'm sorry I fell asleep, I should lie on the bed instead," Wonwoo was afraid Mingyu didn't like it. "It's fine, you can lie on my chest, let me adjust my position if not you're going to have a neck sore tomorrow," Mingyu switched off the movie and proceeded to lie down so that his wife could lie down comfortably. 

"Thank you, Mingyu," Wonwoo smiled happily as she drifted off to sleep, together with her husband. 

I think he's starting to open up to me...

[Mingyu waited for Wonwoo to fall asleep before he eventually went off to dreamland.]

-Pledis University-

"Are you guys ready?" Jeonghan looked towards her boyfriend. "Yes, today's our last practice before we play at the tournament," Seungcheol answered while the rest of the guys nodded their heads. 

"It's going to be at the sports hall at our school, the competing team will be playing at ours," Soonyoung announced. "Pretty sure the whole school's going to watch you guys play," Jihoon stated as she her boyfriend's hand who was interlocked with hers. 

"Well, it's going to be the game of the year because it's our last match here before we officially graduate," Hansol added on as the girls nodded. 

"Wow, looks like it's going to be a great match, you guys are star players of our school!" Seungkwan exclaimed as she her boyfriend's hair. "I know right! I'm so excited and I can't wait to see you play, baby!" Jeonghan exclaimed excitedly as her boyfriend chuckled. 

"I'm sure you're going to play great!" Minghao said proudly as she looked towards Junhui, who was grinning shyly. 

[The others were engaged in their own conversations and Mingyu was wondering why Wonwoo was so quiet.]

"Are you okay, Wonwoo?" Mingyu questioned as he looked to his wife. "Yes, I'm fine," Wonwoo replied bluntly. "Is something wrong?" Mingyu found it odd that she was so quiet. "I just-"

"-I won't be able to go for your basketball tournament," Wonwoo stated as she sighed. "Why?" Mingyu was slightly upset, he really wanted her to come. "I have a project due and it's really important so I won't be able to attend your tournament," Wonwoo explained as Mingyu frowned. "Isn't it possible for you to work on it after my match?"

"I'm sorry, Mingyu. It's due the day you have your match so I can't come," Wonwoo apologised and explained further. "Oh, that's alright then, that's okay," Mingyu looked away. 

"I'll be heading off first, I need to make a trip to my father's company, I'll be back in time for practice," Mingyu announced as he started to pack his things. "I'll see you at home," Mingyu didn't forget to inform his wife, but unable to hide the sulk on his face. 

"What happened to him?" Seungcheol questioned as the group saw him leaving. "I told him that I wouldn't be able to go see him play as I have a project to complete," Wonwoo answered his doubt. "Project? Since when did we-" Jeonghan asked as she don't recall having a project. 

"I think she wants to surprise him," Minghao cleared up, knowing her best friend very well. "Yes, that's what I planned to do," Wonwoo smiled. 

"These last few days, I feel like our relationship getting better, he's giving me more affection and care than before, so I want to do something for him as well," Wonwoo confided in her friends. "That's amazing to hear," Junhui said as the rest agreed. 

"So what do you plan to do?" Soonyoung asked. "I told him I wasn't going to appear for his match but of course I would go and support him, I'll just show up during the second half of his match," Wonwoo explained. "Do you need any help from us?" Junhui asked, receiving a shake of the head from Wonwoo. 

-Pledis University Sports Hall-

"Now boys, we've trained so hard for this, let's make the school proud!" The basketball coach encouraged as the boys replied. "Yes, Coach!" They echoed as they got into a cheering formation, the whole team had their hands above each other as they prepared to cheer. "Come on, let's go!"

[The basketball teams were doing their warm-ups and the seats started to get filled up as the match was about to start in a few hours.]

"I'm going to go bring the girls to their seats, they just arrived," Seungcheol stated as he went outside the hall to bring the girls in. "Did Wonwoo come along as well?" Mingyu questioned the rest, still having a tinge of hope that she would come see him play since it was his first game since they were together. 

"Unfortunately not, Minghao told me she was still busy with her project and stayed back in class, she'll probably be done by the time our match ends," Junhui answered as he pat his shoulder as a form of encouragement. "Don't be too upset, it's not your fault she couldn't come," Junhui added on. "Easy for you to say, your girl came to see you play," Mingyu started getting sensitive, as the rest of his friends looked at him. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just getting anxious. It's been long since we played. So I thought, if she came, it would be my greatest motivation," Mingyu sighed and apologised for his rudeness. "It's okay, I understand," Junhui stated as he gave him a hug. 

"I see you're starting to open up your heart to Wonwoo and that's great," Junhui mentioned as Mingyu nodded. "Yes, I am, I figured we all have to move on and since she never gave up on me, it's not right if I don't treat her better and love her," Mingyu expressed his thoughts sincerely. "That's amazing, I'm happy for you," Junhui was genuinely happy for them, even though he used to like Wonwoo. "And don't worry, I don't have feelings for Wonwoo anymore."

"Enough with this talk, let's go and win this thing!" Hansol reminded as the guys all got ready and headed out to play their final basketball match representing the school.

[The school team wasn't scoring so well, because the opposition team kept catching up every single time they scored a goal in. Mingyu and the guys were starting to lose their momentum. The referee blew his whistle signalling half of the match has already ended, and called for both teams to go for a break before the next half started.]

"Boys, we are not doing so well, why is this happening?" The coach questioned as it was odd for them to keep messing up, usually they would be trashing their opposing team, no matter who they were up against. "We will buck up, coach! We'll rest and get our momentum back!" Seungcheol answered before the coach walked away.

"It's Wonwoo, isn't it?" Seungcheol asked as he faced Mingyu, who was still silent. "I don't know why I'm so distracted, I just wished she was here to watch me play, there won't be another game where I could play again."

"I don't know how to make you feel better but just give it your best shot, since we can't change the fact that she won't be here," Soonyoung encouraged as Mingyu drank water to refresh himself. "Get ready, boys, the game is resuming soon."

[The hall was heated up as the whistle signalled the start of the next half of the basketball match, the girls were also cheering for their partners, and a figure ran into the hall.]

"Wonwoo's finally here!" Jeonghan shouted and got the attention of the boys. "Wonwoo!" Mingyu exclaimed happily as he ran to hug his wife. "I thought you said you wasn't coming?" 

"I wanted to give you a surprise! Now go get the trophy!" Wonwoo gave her husband a kiss, before she ran off to join her friends and watch the match. "I know you can do it, Kim Mingyu!" Wonwoo cheered with her huge banner she made and it definitely motivated Mingyu to do his best. "Come on, guys, let's get it!"

[As expected, Pledis University won another trophy that night.]

"So it was the girl, huh?" The coach teased upon remembering the moment that got the whole hall's attention. "Stop teasing me, coach!" Mingyu became embarrassed. "No wonder, I found it odd why you didn't play so well when usually you would be scoring goals for the team."

"See you boys at our celebratory dinner then!" The coach went off, leaving the boys to pack up, their girls were already waiting outside for them.

"The surprise went well!" Hansol smiled happily. "Wait, you guys knew about this?" Mingyu felt slightly betrayed by his best friends. "Of course we do, she told us the minute you left sulking that day," Soonyoung teased as he received a hit from Mingyu. 

"Come on, let's catch up with the girls," Junhui reminded as everyone got their bags and headed out of the sports hall.

"Great job, you guys! So proud of you!" Jeonghan congratulated them, once they sat down on their shared table, they had so many people that they needed to combine two tables in order to fit all of them together. "Star players, indeed!" Seungkwan added on, getting excited.

[They started chatting amongst themselves again, leaving Mingyu and Wonwoo to talk as well.]

"You did great just now, I'm really proud of you, although it was the first time I ever saw you play, Mingyu," Wonwoo smiled as she caressed Mingyu's hair lightly. "Thank you, I was so afraid that you were going to miss my final match here," Mingyu felt relieved and happy. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

I think it's time to tell her...

"Wonwoo, I have something to tell you," Mingyu spoke up as he held her hand. "Erm, sure, what is it?" Wonwoo's heart started beating very fast and she was getting nervous, also gaining the attention of their friends. "I-"

"-I think-, no, I know that I have developed feelings for you over the months of our marriage. I've seen all your efforts towards me, our relationship, our marriage. I appreciate your efforts, that you've never given up on me. No matter how I treated you, you still loved me with all your heart. I'm very sorry for all the hurt that I have caused you to have in the past and I promise that I will protect you and won't hurt you any further," Mingyu addressed as Wonwoo started to have tears in her eyes, Mingyu started caressing her hand, in order to calm her down.

"I like you, Jeon Wonwoo, and I wouldn't want to lose you. I never told you this before because I was unsure of my feelings for you, because I don't want to hurt you so I took this long to finally tell you. I won't say I love you yet because I'm afraid, so please be patient towards me, and one day, I will say it," Mingyu ended his confession, and by this time, Wonwoo had tears streaming down her face.

"Mingyu, w-why did you h-have to make me cry?" Wonwoo couldn't control her tears. "I'm so happy that you finally told me how you feel, of course I will wait for you, silly. You're my husband, the love of my life, you can have all the time you need," Wonwoo stated as the rest of them laughed, Mingyu pulled his wife into a tight hug.

I finally did it...

"That's so sweet," Seungkwan stated with teary eyes as well. "Didn't know that would come out from Kim Mingyu, he's usually so cold," Jeonghan said. "Well, he isn't like that to everyone," her boyfriend answered, knowing Mingyu for almost his whole life. "That's the first time I've heard him confess to anyone, he's serious about his feelings," Hansol added as his girlfriend continued crying.

[After all of them calmed down, they all left separately. Wonwoo felt relieved and happy that Mingyu finally confessed to her. Both of them couldn't wait to see what this new chapter would bring.] 

<<❤>>

*****

Here's an update! I'm sorry if it wasn't well-written, but Mingyu finally confessed his feelings for Wonwoo! I'm still quite busy with school, but I'll try my best to update as much as I can. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to leave comments! ❤

*****