The Decision (24)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Pledis University-

"So what are you guys going to do after graduation?" Seungkwan started the topic as usual while all of them sat down to have lunch. "Well, I'm probably going to take over my father's company," Seungcheol replied almost immediately, he already had a very clear idea what he wanted to do after graduation. 

"I'm going to pursue music," Jihoon stated. "I'm going to open my own dance academy once I have enough finances," Soonyoung continued after. "I'm probably going to continue my modeling career," Hansol stated. "That's my baby!" Seungkwan exclaimed as she kissed her boyfriend. "Ewww, do that at home!" Jeonghan commented that got everyone laughing.

"I'm already taking over my father's company so that definitely answered your question," Mingyu blurted out as he took a sip of his drink. "I'm going to start working at the hospital after my final paper," Junhui stated right after. "What about you, Minghao?" Seungkwan asked her friend who has been quiet since the start of the conversation. 

"I'm- I'm moving back to China," Minghao answered with a slight smile, but you could sense how sad she actually was. "What?! Why?!" Jeonghan was upset to hear that, Junhui perked his ears up after hearing that statement, although he acted like he didn't care. 

"I would be done with my education here, I could find a job there and there's nothing that is keeping me here, I don't see the point in staying here. I would rather return to China, have a career and probably start a family there," Minghao stated. "You have us, and Junhui, you bear to leave us?" 

"I won't bear to leave you guys but what can I do? I can come to visit as often as I can. As for Junhui, he already made it very clear that he doesn't want to be with me, he told me to leave him alone, so I will," Minghao continued reluctantly. 

"Yoong is here, I'll catch up with you guys later, I have some stuff to buy before moving back," Minghao packed her bag before leaving together with her friend, Junhui's eyes followed the pair until they disappeared out from their sight. 

"Okay, I'm so done with this," Jeonghan couldn't stand it anymore. "Baby, don't." Seungcheol rubbed his girlfriend's back. "Junhui, you clearly feel something for Minghao, why don't you accept her? She loves you so much," Jeonghan frowned as the mentioned boy kept quiet. "Well, I-"

"Is it because of your ego? If it is, then I really don't know what to say, Minghao's a great girl, she stayed loyal to you for so many years, she even rejected a good guy for you! There's a possibility that she is not going to return to Korea after she leaves to China, so think about it. Is your ego more important or having an amazing life partner more important? Give it some thought, and treasure your chance before it's too late." Jeonghan stated as she proceeded to leave. "I have stuff to do, Cheollie, can you give me a ride?" Jeonghan smiled to her boyfriend. "Of course, baby."

[The rest of the group proceeded to leave one by one as Junhui was stunned by Jeonghan's confrontation.] 

"Let's go," Mingyu told his wife as he stood up. "Wait, I have something I want to tell Junhui," Wonwoo stated. "I'll go get the car first, I wait for you at the school exit."

"Junhui," Wonwoo stated as the mentioned looked serious. "Minghao told me that Yoong asked her to be his girlfriend, he seemed so sincere that Minghao's actually considering it," Wonwoo stated as Junhui stiffened. "Since they're going back to China together, there's a high possibility that she's going to accept him, so think about this carefully. Don't lose a lifetime happiness, okay?" Wonwoo finished up and left the table. 

-Minghao's House-

"Someone's at the door!" Minghao's mother shouted from the kitchen. "I'll get it!" Minghao answered as she came down the stairs. 

"What are you doing here?" That was the first thing that came out of when she saw the person that broke her heart. She was puzzled. "I have something to tell you, can we talk?" Junhui rubbed his nape as he got nervous. "Ma, I'm heading off somewhere with my friend, I'll be back before dinner time!"

[The pair walked and walked until they ended up at the park where Minghao confessed to Junhui about her feelings.]

"How did we end up here? This was the place that I confessed to you and thought that I would have my happy ending and look at where we are now. The irony," Minghao scoffed as she felt tears building up. "Let's take a seat," Junhui stated as he took a seat at the bench. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" Minghao started off once they both sat down on the bench. "Are you ever coming back if you leave to China?" Junhui asked. 

"No, there's nothing here that's holding me back since my parents are moving back with me and since- you've rejected me. I've already made up my mind that it would be the last time I ever confront you about my feelings."

"I worked really hard to make this work, Junhui. I really did. It always seems like you feel something for me so I tried until that day when you shattered my hopes by telling me that you didn't feel a single thing for me and that I was just a distraction to get over Wonwoo. That really hurt my feelings, Junhui. I love you with all my heart and I just really didn't expect that, so I guess I just wasn't good enough." 

"Minghao-"

"I know, I'm not as pretty as Wonwoo, not as rich as Wonwoo, definitely not your ideal type, and I know that I love you a lot, but I guess the relationship just doesn't work one way," tears starting dripping down her face as she spoke. 

*Incoming Call from Yoong...*

"Yoong..."

"Are you crying?"

"Yes, but I just was watching a sad romance movie."

"Just called to tell you that I will be coming over to accompany you."

"You're coming over? Yeah sure."

"I'll see you there then."

"See you."

*Call Ended...*

[Junhui's heart clenched as he saw Minghao smiling while talking to another guy.]

"Seems like I'm the only one talking, is there anything else? If not, I'll be heading home, I haven't even finished my packing yet and Yoong's coming over," Minghao stood up as Junhui held onto her wrist. "Do you still love me?"

"What?" Minghao was confused. 

"All you've talked about is Yoong, Yoong this and Yoong that- Do you really like him?" Junhui asked as his hold got a bit tighter. "Junhui, you're hurting me. I-" Minghao spoke up but was cut off by the elder, as he slightly loosening his grip. 

"Are you accepting him? To be your boyfriend?" Junhui asked as Minghao slowly nodded. "You can't."

"Why can't I? He's a good guy, he treats me like a princess, and you've already rejected me so-" Minghao stated as she attempted to push away Junhui's hand. 

"No, you just can't! I'm the one you love!" Junhui stated as he gave the other a hug before tears started dripping, as Minghao froze. "Do you know how frustrated I was when I saw you with him all the time? Do you know how much my heart hurt when I heard that you were considering him as your boyfriend?"

"I didn't reject you because I don't love you, it's because I'm scared I will hurt you. I lied about using you to forget Wonwoo because I was still confused about my feelings for you, Minghao, I didn't mean it. After what happened earlier today, I am very certain of my feelings for you so please don't say you're tired of loving me, and please don't love someone else other than me." Junhui confessed all his feelings that he held in for weeks, he couldn't afford to lose the love of his life. 

"Junhui, I-" Minghao was speechless, she didn't expect this to happen. "So would you be my girlfriend, Minghao?" Junhui plucked up his courage to ask the question. "Of course I would," Minghao Junhui's face as she teared up again. 

He finally loves me back...

[The pair hugged for a couple of minutes before they let go of each other.]

"We should head back home now, I have to clear things up with Yoong," Minghao sighed as she remembered about her friend, she really didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. "I'll send you," Junhui stated as he held onto Minghao's hand. 

-Minghao's House-

[Yoong was already outside Minghao's house, awaiting for her arrival, he was shocked to see Minghao holding onto Junhui's hand.]

"Hi, Yoong," Minghao greeted as they stopped in front of the figure. "Why is he- How did this happen?" Yoong frowned as he asked. 

"Junhui's my boyfriend now," Minghao answered as Yoong looked sad. "He confessed to me earlier and this happened. I'm sorry, Yoong, for hurting your feelings. I really love Junhui a lot, so I can't be your girlfriend, I'm sorry," Minghao expressed her genuine feelings. 

"Stop apologising, Minghao, it's not your fault. I just wished I was quicker to win your heart,"  Yoong stated as he approached the couple. "Are you sure you don't want to go back to China with me?"  Yoong asked one more time. 

"I'm sorry, Yoong, but I have a reason to stay here now," Minghao answered as she smiled. "He's my reason," Minghao her boyfriend's arm. 

"You better treat her right, if not I'll be sure to get her," Yoong instructed to Junhui. "Of course I will."

"I'll head home then, since there's no reason for me to be here now," Yoong was sure that Minghao wouldn't change her mind. "I'll see you at the airport," Minghao waved as Yoong walked away.

"Wow, that was something," Minghao was overwhelmed by the emotions that all happened in an instant. "Thank you for telling me how you felt, Junhui."

"You're welcome, my love," Junhui gave his girlfriend a hug. "Yes, I have a girlfriend now!" Junhui carried Minghao, turned round and round as both of them laughed. 

<<❤>>

*****

Here's an update. Junhui finally realised his feelings and confessed. I'm sorry for the long wait! Feel free to leave comments!

*****