The Reason (30)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤️>>

-Jeonghan's House-

"Baby, I'm here," Seungcheol announced as he hung his keys on the key holder. "Baby?" Seungcheol called again as he walked around the house to find his girlfriend. "Hannie?"

That's strange, she would usually be in the living room waiting for me to arrive...

"Oh, here you are," Seungcheol's face lit up as he saw her in her room. "Hi, baby, I missed you," Seungcheol called as he kissed his girlfriend, but the other didn't react back.

Why didn't she kiss me back?

"Hannie, are you okay? You haven't been yourself these past few days," Seungcheol held his girlfriend's hand only to feel the other moving away. "What's wrong, baby?" The taller scrunched his eyebrows closer.

"Seungcheol, I-" Jeonghan started but stopped as she couldn't bring herself to say what she was about to. "Something's up right? You don't usually call me by my name, and you haven't called me 'baby' as much these past few days," Seungcheol started to get upset and sulky.

"Talk to me, baby, please," Seungcheol hugged his girlfriend as the other party remained silent. "Baby~ Hannie~ Jagiya~" The older started whining and swaying his girlfriend back and forth while hugging her.

How can I do this when he's this cute... But I don't have a choice...

"I- Let's break up," Jeonghan took a minute and finally blurt out the words that broke both their hearts. "What? Why are you saying that?" Seungcheol was confused, his eyes started tearing but he tried his best not to cry. "I don't love you anymore," Jeonghan looked away as she spoke.

"No, I don't believe you. Yoon Jeonghan, look into my eyes and say it again," Seungcheol knew that his girlfriend was lying. "I said I don't love-" Jeonghan looked away again because she was about to cry.

"Jeonghan, what's wrong? I know that you won't say that to me, is someone forcing you to do this?" Seungcheol had a gut feeling. "No, I'm serious, no one is forc-" The doorbell went off before she could continue. "Stay here, I'll get it and we can talk later," Jeonghan stated before walking to her front door, as her boyfriend stayed in the room.

"Have you spoken to my brother? I told you to do it as soon as possible, I hope that you have because you wouldn't want to delay his marriage and ruin the company's future, would you? I already told you that you wouldn't be beneficial to his future." The familiar voice spoke while Seungcheol got angrier as the words went by, he knew very well who that voice belonged to.

"Hyung, what are you talking about? What marriage? What company future? What exactly did you say to Jeonghan?" Seungcheol questioned as Jeonghan started sobbing, she couldn't hold it in anymore. "Seungcheol-ah? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working today?" The elder seemed shock to see his younger brother in Jeonghan's house.

"I took a day off today to spend time with my girlfriend. That's besides the point, look, Hyung, I don't know what you said to her, but I am not agreeing to this marriage that you're speaking of," Seungcheol demanded while walking over to the two. "The only person who I'll ever marry in this lifetime is Yoon Jeonghan, and that's final," Seungcheol held his girlfriend's hand as he stood in front of his brother.

"Seungcheol, she's not rich, she doesn't have parents who run a company, so you can't marry her. The match we have found for you is from another well-known company in Japan and this merger will bring both companies to a higher level." Seungcheol's brother stated as Jeonghan broke down further.

I don't want to break up with Cheollie and see him marry someone else...

"Hyung, is 'bringing the company to a higher level' all that matters to you? What about my happiness?" Seungcheol was in disbelief that his brother would say something like that. "I want to marry someone I love, not someone who 'will bring both companies to a higher level', our company is capable enough and doing well on it's own, I don't understand why is there a need for this union, Hyung."

"Choi Seungcheol, this girl is not someone who you should go after, there are plenty of other girls who are better than her. Listen, I am head of the company and our parents are not around at the moment so whatever I say goes, you have to obey," Jeonghan's heart broke even further hearing that. "Choi Seungmin, you're being unreasonable-" Seungcheol was about to argue back before his girlfriend pulled on the hem of his shirt as a signal.

"Mr Choi- I know I'm not the best girl for Seungcheol but I have worked hard, graduated from University together with your brother. Apart from that, I have also opened my own shop with my friends and it's doing well. Sir, I love Choi Seungcheol with all my heart and I wouldn't want to separate from him in any way, I have tried talking to your brother to break up with him but he wouldn't let me, and I wouldn't want that either," Jeonghan finally spoke after a long while as she held tightly onto her boyfriend's arm.

"Get away from my brother! I don't know what spell you put onto him but I don't approve of this, the other girl that I have chosen would be a much better choice for him instead of you," Seungcheol's brother stated as he pushed Jeonghan away, thankfully her boyfriend caught her before she fell. "Baby, are you okay?" Jeonghan nodded as she stabled herself.

"Hyung, how could you push her like that?! Are you hearing yourself? You're being ridiculous! This girl is my girlfriend, the love of my life, she healed and stayed with me when I went through that terrible breakup years ago. What about the previous girl you arranged to me and told me was 'beneficial to the company', where is she now? Apparently ran off with another guy because he was 'richer' than me, don't you remember?" Seungcheol asked as he approached his brother sternly.

"Is my relationship a game to you, Hyung? My marriage is a joke to you? Company is all that you talk about, have you ever considered my feelings? I want to marry someone I love, not someone you claimed that would be beneficial to the company. I've already met someone I intend to marry and I'm not going to change my mind. We have went through this before." Seungcheol stated firmly as his brother stayed silent.

"Seungcheol, I have already arranged the union so this is not something you can change, this marriage will go on as agreed," The elder of the two brothers spoke authoritatively.

"Mr Choi, I don't know what else I can say to change your mind but-" Jeonghan took another step forward and fainted before she could continue. "Jeonghan!" Seungcheol held his girlfriend in his arms as he dialed the ambulance.

"She's probably acting, Seungcheol, don't believe her," His brother added oil to the fire and it enraged the other. "Hyung! How can you be so heartless? She's also a human, she has feelings, I have feelings, how can you do this? She didn't even dare to tell me about this stupid union that you're speaking of so stop this nonsense at once, Hyung, when I'm still being nice."

"We will continue this at home," Seungcheol's brother walked out of the house as the other waited for the ambulance to arrive.

Wait till Mother and Father hears about this... Baby, please be alright...

-Seoul General Hospital-

"Family of Miss Yoon Jeonghan?" The nurse asked as she came out from the emergency operation room. "I'm Choi Seungcheol, Miss Yoon's boyfriend, is she okay?" Seungcheol immediately went up to the nurse.

"Yes, Miss Yoon is out of the danger phase and she will be transferred to the normal ward later on, the doctor in charge will explain about her situation to you later," the nurse explained as the taller nodded. "Thank you."

"Could my girlfriend be transferred to the VIP ward instead?" Seungcheol asked the nurse as he wanted some privacy with his girlfriend. "Sure, we can arrange that, please follow me to the counter to do her admission procedure paperwork, Mr Choi," Seungcheol nodded as he followed the nurse.

❤️

I sure hope nothing bad happened to her...

[Seungcheol his girlfriend's hair and got lost in thought as a figure that he didn't notice had already entered the room.]

"Seungcheol hyung?" a certain voice called out as he knocked the room door to get the other's attention. "Good afternoon, Mr Choi, I'm Doctor Wen, Miss Yoon's attending doctor."

"Junhui? What are you doing here?" Seungcheol was confused. "Hyung, did you forget I work at this hospital?" Junhui was amused. "Oh yeah, it must've slipped my mind," Seungcheol chuckled to himself.

"Is Jeonghan alright? Can she be discharged already?" Seungcheol asked the other back. "Not just yet, hyung, we need to run a few tests on Jeonghan noona."

"Run tests? What kind of tests? Is something wrong with her?" Seungcheol got worried. "Hyung, do you know that she's pregnant?" Junhui asked as he looked at the lady resting on the bed. "She's pregnant?"

"Judging from that reaction, it seems like you don't know, maybe she didn't managed to tell you yet," Junhui mentioned. "How far along is she?" Seungcheol was concerned.

"She's already four weeks into her pregnancy," Junhui clarified as the other had tears in his eyes. "Why did she not tell me? No wonder she felt like vomiting so many times this week, and refused to let me bring her to see a doctor..." Seungcheol looked at his girlfriend.

"The reason she fainted was probably from exhaustion and stress that was put onto her, you should be more careful about that, hyung, she shouldn't get agitated since she's still early into her pregnancy," Junhui reminded the older.

I should've been more careful and cared about her more...

"She fell earlier on, how is the baby?" Seungcheol got curious. "It's doing well, thankfully she didn't hit the ground directly when she fell so it didn't cause an impact to the foetus," Junhui explained. "Thank goodness they are both alright..." Seungcheol his girlfriend's hair as he spoke.

"Anyway, I'll leave you two at it, do let me know if you require any assistance. I'll be off for my rounds now, hyung," Junhui said as he left the room. "Thank you, Junhui."

❤️

[It took a few hours before Jeonghan started to wake up from her sleep, she the hand that held onto hers tightly as she stared at her boyfriend's sleeping figure.]

He's so cute when he sleeps, and he looks so tired from work...

"Hannie, you're finally awake..." Seungcheol helped his girlfriend to sit up, and gave her a glass of water to get her hydrated before he asked the question. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jeonghan shifted in her seat. "About what?"

"That you're pregnant," Seungcheol stated as Jeonghan looked away. "If I told you, then you wouldn't break up with me," Jeonghan answered as she looked sad yet again. "You want me to break up with you?" Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. "No, of course not, but your brother wants us to and for the sake of-" Seungcheol didn't let his girlfriend finish.

"The company? No, that union won't benefit me or us in any way, the only person I want to marry is you, Hannie. No matter what my brother says, I won't break up with you, and all the more when we have a baby now," Seungcheol said as he placed his hand on Jeonghan's belly. "Even if you didn't tell me about the baby, I wouldn't have broken up with you either way."

"I'm not rich, Cheollie, and I can't help with the family business either," Jeonghan mentioned as she placed her hand above his. "Baby, how many times have we been through this? I told you I don't care, if I did, I wouldn't have even dated you in the first place, my love, you're good enough for me," Seungcheol gave a kiss to Jeonghan as he ended.

And this is why I love him so much...

"Our baby, are we keeping-" Jeonghan asked as Seungcheol cut in. "What are you talking about, baby? Of course we're keeping the baby, it's ours."

"But your brother-" Jeonghan creased her brows. "I'll speak to my parents about this but no matter whether my family objects or not, we're still going to keep this baby," Seungcheol his girlfriend's hair. "I love you, Choi Seungcheol," Jeonghan spoke as she teared. "I love you too, Yoon Jeonghan," The taller than pulled the other into a hug.

[The couple stayed in the hug for a few more minutes, letting the thought sink in that they have a new identity now.]

❤️

"Cheollie, I need to use the washroom," Jeonghan announced as they broke the hug. "You are able to go by yourself?" Her boyfriend asked as she nodded. "I'll wait here..."

Maybe I should do it now...

[Seungcheol got lost in his thoughts as he reached into his pocket to take out a red velvet box.]

"Baby, do you want to have dinner downstairs?" Jeonghan suggested once she got back to the room but got no response from her boyfriend. "Baby?" Jeonghan was wondering why he was staring into space.

"What are you thinking about, baby?" Jeonghan shook her boyfriend's arm. "I wasn't going to do this so early but looks like there's no better time than now," Seungcheol stated as he kneeled in front of his girlfriend as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Yoon Jeonghan, the love of my life, will you marry me?" Seungcheol popped the question while the other started tearing. "Of course I will, baby," Jeonghan reached out her hand as the other slid the ring onto her finger.

 

"Perfect fit," Seungcheol said proudly as he stood up. "That's such a pretty ring, baby, thank you," Jeonghan kissed her fiancé. "I saw you staring at it sometime ago when we walked past the store," Seungcheol held onto Jeonghan's hand and kissed it.

"When did you plan this?" Jeonghan asked as they took a seat at the couch. "Since we graduated, baby," Seungcheol explained.

"I wasn't going to propose anytime soon but I've prepared the ring because I knew you would love it. I was actually carrying the ring around because I wasn't sure where I should keep it and that you wouldn't find out about it, I wanted to propose next year when we were less busy, but looks like there's no better time than now," the older continued further explanation.

"Awww, baby, you're gonna make me cry," Jeonghan hugged her boyfriend and snuggled into his embrace. "Cheollie, you really want this baby, right? You didn't propose just because I'm pregnant?" Jeonghan didn't want her boyfriend to regret anything because this was an important decision.

"Of course I want this baby, Hannie, I proposed because it was something I already wanted to do and all the better now because you're pregnant and we should hold the wedding as soon as possible so that the baby bump wouldn't get so obvious. I know how much you want to walk down the aisle in a beautiful wedding dress, baby," Seungcheol explained.

"I just don't want you to regret anything, I'm okay if you don't want to raise this child with me because you're still so young and I don't want to ruin your future, Cheollie," Jeonghan stated.

"Hannie, please don't think that, you're not ruining my future. Please believe me when I say I want to start a future with you, it's my ultimate life goal and right now we are so much closer to it, my love," Seungcheol kissed her belly as he spoke.

"What about-" Seungcheol already knew what she was going to ask. "We'll speak to our parents when you're discharged, I'm sure my parents are not stubborn like my brother, Mother knows how much I love you," Seungcheol stated firmly. "Now no more doubting all of this, we are going to get married and raise this baby together whether or not my family will object," Seungcheol kissed his fiancée.

"I'm so happy, Cheollie, we're getting married and going have a baby!" She laid in his embrace. "I know, I'm as excited as you are," Seungcheol smiled as they cuddled.

[And now, they have two new identities...]

❤️

-Choi's Mansion-

[Seungcheol's parents came home just in time from their business trip and the whole family was present in the living room when Seungcheol stormed into the mansion.]

"Hyung, you should explain yourself, what the hell happened to you? You were not like this before, we've spoken about this and you've never said that I had to marry someone arranged to me since the last incident," Seungcheol confronted his brother the moment he entered their house.

"Hey, watch your language. Son, what are you talking about?" Mr Choi was confused. "Hyung set me up with another girl and claimed that I had to marry her, and he even forced my girlfriend to break up with me," Seungcheol rambled. "Seungmin, how could you do that? You know that we approve of their relationship," Mrs Choi was shocked by her elder son's behaviour.

"Seungcheol, you know that Jeonghan was the girl I was after, so why did you go after her?" The elder son finally let out the frustration that he held onto for years. "Did you know how angry I was when I found out she was your girlfriend? She also seemed to not know I exist even though I used to chase after her... All the more, I would separate the two of you since I couldn't get her in the first place."

"Of course she is not, hyung! The one you chased after was Jeongmi, her elder sister, are you kidding me?! You couldn't even get your facts right? That was over five years ago, and you already have a wife now, hyung," Seungcheol was in disbelief. "You almost caused a miscarriage had I not held onto her, you know that?!"

"Miscarriage? What are you talking about- Omo, Jeonghan is pregnant?" Mrs Choi was elated. "That's amazing news!" Mr Choi was also happy about the news. "Yes, Mother, I've already proposed to her and she has agreed to marry me. I hope that we can get your blessings."

"Of course you would get our blessings, my son, now we've got a wedding to prepare for!" Mrs Choi was stoked. "As for you, Seungmin, this is not acceptable at all and never have we told you to arrange your brother's union on his behalf, all the more after the previous incident, you should know better. Take a break from the company's operations and sort out your thoughts, and until you've sorted everything out, I'll take over from here." Mr Choi warned sternly.

<<❤️>>

*****

Here's another update, wanted to give a context behind the Jeongcheol situation and why Jeonghan has not been herself.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter even though there wasn't any Meanie parts here, thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments! :)

Sorry for the long wait as school's been really busy and recently was down with covid but grateful for all the reads and nice comments!! :) More meanie parts coming in the next update!! :) Stream HOT 🔥🔥🔥

*****