The Return (25)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Pledis University-

"Good morning! Have you guys heard about the rumours?" Seungkwan asked her friends once they all gathered outside class, ready to go in. "What rumour?" Jeonghan was still busy putting on makeup.

"The rumour about a new exchange student joining our class?" Minghao questioned as she recalled what she heard as she walked past the hallway earlier on. "Yes," Seungkwan answered. 

"Let's just head to class first, we have first period with Miss Ahn, maybe she could address us about it," Wonwoo stated as she looked at her watch. "Yes, I agree," Jihoon nodded as everyone proceeded to class after their partners came. 

-English Class-

"We have an exchange student coming to our school today, and I heard that he's cute!" Seungkwan announced excitedly, forgetting that her boyfriend was also there. "Who the heck is transferring here? I hope he's not in our class," Hansol crossed his arms as he spoke to his friends. "Well, I guess we'll find out soon," Mingyu pointed towards the teacher arriving to class. 

"Alright, now that everyone is settled in, it's time to introduce someone new who will be joining our class for this week," Miss Ahn stated before the class door slowly opened, revealing a tall guy, with hair dyed golden brown, stunning features that caused gasps all over the class. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" The boy's eyes travelled around the room, only looking for one person.

"Won, I think you should look at this," Minghao nudged her friend as she was busy reading, totally not interested in the segment. "Why-" Wonwoo froze on her spot before she dropped her book on her hand, causing an impact to the floor. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Song Jae, I'll be joining the class for the rest of this week," the guy smirked at Wonwoo, causing her to flinch as she avoided eye contact with him. 

Why is she so shocked?

"Noona, does she know him?" Mingyu noticed the odd behaviour and decided to clarify. "He- She-" Jeonghan was stuttering and tried to find a way to put her words. "Why are you stuttering, noona? Who is he?" Mingyu started to get worried. 

"Kim Song Jae is Wonwoo's ex-boyfriend," Jeonghan gulped as Mingyu took in the information. "They don't have a pleasant history, because he tried to do something to her."

[Miss Ahn instructed the new guy to get to his seat while she went to her office to grab her laptop that she forgot on the way to class.]

"Hey, need some help?" Song Jae stared at the girl before getting a reaction. "No- I- I can man-," Wonwoo reached down for the book by herself before she felt the unpleasant touch on her hand, causing her to jump in shock. 

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" The class that was once noisy turned silent as they watched the scene. "Hey, it's okay," Song Jae approached the female before a tall figure stood in front of him. 

"She said she didn't want you to touch her," Mingyu pulled Wonwoo behind him as Minghao was comforting the crying figure. "And who are you to tell me that?" Song Jae challenged Mingyu. 

"I- It's o- okay, I'm fi- fine, I j- just need t- to calm m- myself down," Wonwoo said in between stifles and ran out of class with Minghao following after her. 

[Mingyu wanted to confront Song Jae but Miss Ahn returned to class so he went back to his seat.]

[Minghao checked all the toilet cubicles to make sure no one else was there, so that her best friend could cry her heart out.]

"Why is he back? He didn't have to come back, he ruined my life!" Minghao understood what the older was telling her about. "Just cry it out, we'll return to class when you feel better," Minghao lent her shoulder and stayed silent as the other let out her emotions.

-Sports Hall-

"Why is he in the same class as us?" Mingyu asked frustratedly. "Wonwoo's not even back yet!" Mingyu wanted to look for his wife but he wasn't allowed to, as the class was preparing to play dodgeball. "There she is," Seungcheol pointed at Wonwoo, who returned back with Minghao just as the teacher walked in. 

I wonder if she is feeling better now...

"Now that everyone is ready, the games shall begin," Mr Lee announced as the class prepared themselves. 

[The class was split into 4 teams, occupying 2 courts and unfortunately, Wonwoo had to play against Song Jae after he eliminated most of her teammates and she was a substitute.]

"I really don't want to play against him, Mr Lee," Wonwoo pleaded the strict teacher, but to no avail. "Unless there's a valid reason, you're playing, Wonwoo. We're sending teams for competition."

"Long time no see!" Song Jae took his chance to reminisce with his past love, getting no reply back. "Just throw the damn ball!" Seungkwan, who was on the same team shouted after getting annoyed, causing the ball to hit her with an impact, causing her to fall and injure her knees in the process. 

"Oops, my hand slipped," Song Jae smirked before he saw Hansol running towards his girlfriend. "Dude, what's your problem?! She's a lady, why would you hit her so hard?! For goodness sake!" Hansol almost had the urge to punch Song Jae, but knew clearly that tending to his girlfriend was more important. 

"Let's take care of your wounds first, boo, other things can wait," Hansol carried his girlfriend away from the court, while Wonwoo still didn't utter a word. "Thank you, Hansol," Seungkwan thanked her boyfriend, as she pecked his cheek. 

"Hey, baby, did you miss me?!" Song Jae shouted as Wonwoo felt uncomfortable again. 

"Oh my gosh, he called her 'baby'?" 

"Doesn't she already have a husband?"

"Isn't she already married to Mingyu?"

[Gasps were heard around the court as there were already a lot of players eliminated.]

"Look at the she is, she already has Mingyu but it's clearly not enough for her," Younghee scoffed while talking to her friends. "Hey! Would you shut up?" Jihoon was about to fight the girl but was held back by her friends. "No one asked for your opinions," Jeonghan rolled her eyes. 

[That was Wonwoo's limit.]

"Miss you?! Are you kidding me? Do you remember what you did to me?!" Wonwoo shouted in anger as she threw the ball towards Song Jae. "You missed," the ball ended up hitting his teammate, leaving him all alone, taking the chance to take out the last member of Wonwoo's team. "It's just us two, baby."

"What's his ing problem? Why does he keep calling Wonwoo pet names?" Mingyu was pissed that he could only watch the scene but didn't want to pick a fight. 

"Stop calling me that, Kim Song Jae, I don't have feelings for you anymore! We were over five years ago, I'm married now!" Wonwoo raised her hand to show him the shining diamond ring on her finger. "Is that the case?" Song Jae walked across the court, which caused Wonwoo to back away until she was trapped against the wall. 

"What the heck is he doing?!" Mingyu got up from his seat and approached the two figures. "I don't believe you, Jeon Wonwoo, after I almost took your ity, how could you not have feelings for me?" Song Jae whispered in her ear before he attempted to kiss her. 

That is obviously why I don't! You clearly knew I was uncomfortable with that!

"Get away from me!" Wonwoo pushed the guy away but he was strong over her. "Oi, are you done with your nonsense?!" Song Jae turned back before he got punched in the face. "Mingyu!" Wonwoo immediately ran to stand behind her husband. "I guess you're the husband," Song Jae remarked as he wiped the blood stain beside his busted lip. 

"You don't have to guess, because I am," Mingyu wrapped his arm around Wonwoo's waist. "I guess you do have feelings for me after all, baby, the way he looks is similar to me, your taste didn't change one bit," Song Jae remarked further as he stood up. "No! You're completely wrong! He's not anything like you, Kim Song Jae, he doesn't treat me badly like you do and he wouldn't do what you did to me, so stop calling me baby! I have someone else I love!" Wonwoo retaliated strongly after being reminded of what he did to her.

That was the worst day of my life... You almost ruined my whole life.

"Kim Song Jae, Principal wants to see you, in his office, now." Mr Lee stated as he watched the whole situation. "The rest of you get back to class, lesson ends here today, we'll talk about this competition again when the time is right. The school won't tolerate this nonsense behaviour, Kim Song Jae, come with me now."

"Mingyu, you can send Wonwoo to the infirmary," Mr Lee instructed as Mingyu escorted his wife out. "Thank you so much, Mr Lee," Mingyu greeted, before holding Wonwoo's hand tightly, and bringing her to the venue.

[Wonwoo didn't have any major injuries, just some emotional hurt, so Mingyu brought Wonwoo home with him so she could rest.]

"Don't think too much and get some rest," Mingyu stated as his wife laid down on the bed. 

"You're not going to ask me what was going on?" Wonwoo held onto Mingyu's hand as he stood up from the bed. "No, I'm sure you have your reasons to keep it from me, I don't want to force you and you can share it when you're comfortable," Mingyu smiled. 

"I have some work documents that I need to settle, I'll take awhile so you can go to sleep first," that was all Mingyu said before he proceeded to leave the room. 

"Don't stay up too late, Mingyu," Wonwoo reminded as the other nodded and closed their bedroom door. 

Thank you, Mingyu, for respecting me. 

<<❤>>

*****

I'm sorry for the long wait, I was really busy with assignments and didn't manage to have the time to update so I apologise for the slow updates, but this story will continue until it's completed, so thank you for your support, here's finally an update! Wonwoo's trauma will be revealed soon in the coming chapters. Thank you for reading, feel free to leave comments!

*****