The Graduation (26)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Kim's Mansion-

[Mingyu and Wonwoo were at the Kim's Mansion as it was a weekly thing to have a dinner with Mingyu's parents, just to catchup on everything that happened throughout the week, it has already been a tradition since the couple got married.]

"Mother, what are you doing?" Wonwoo was in her in-laws' room, observing as Yena rumbled through her wardrobe. "I'm picking out an outfit of course! It's your graduation ceremony tomorrow, finally you and Mingyu and going to graduate!" Yena exclaimed excitedly. "It's been a crazy journey of University, I never thought that I would've made it this far," Wonwoo felt nostalgic as she sat down on the bed, together with her mother-in-law. 

"It has been, indeed," The elder agreed. "So, my dear, what was your favourite part about this whole University journey?" Yena asked, as Mingyu passed by the room and got curious as well, standing outside the room. "There were definitely many moments that were my favourite throughout University, but the best part was definitely, meeting Mingyu and falling in love with him, and eventually having a marriage with the love of my life," Wonwoo answered as she shyly looked down at her shining wedding ring. "Aw, young love, how sweet," Yena cooed as Mingyu grinned. 

"Mingyu, why are you standing there?" Jaemin questioned as he broke the silence, causing Mingyu to flinch. "Erm, Father, I-" Mingyu was at a loss of words as he rubbed his nape, unsure of what to say. "It's time for dinner, let's head down, shall we?" Jaemin invited, while Wonwoo nodded before she proceeded down hurriedly, she was getting slightly embarrassed. 

I wonder how much of  the conversation did Mingyu hear...

"Goodbye, Mother and Father, we'll see you again next week," Wonwoo greeted as she gave the elders a hug. "See you, my child, have a safe trip home with Mingyu," Yena patted her head as the younger nodded. "Take good care of your wife, my son," Jaemin instructed as he looked at Mingyu, who was already near their car. "Yes, Father, I will."

[The trip back home was peaceful and quiet, Mingyu driving both of them home as Wonwoo looked at the beautiful scenery that surrounded the beautiful night sky, it was truly breathing taking, and Wonwoo got curious.]

"Mingyu, is it okay if I ask you a question?" Wonwoo started as she received a nod from her husband as she looked towards him. "Did you overhear the conversation between Mother and I?" Mingyu nodded again. "I was wondering about her question to you, so I listened, but I didn't mean to pry into the conversation," Mingyu answered as his wife started to blush.

"I do not know what was your best part, but that was definitely my best part. I've never pictured myself getting married to the love of my life, after what happened to me a few years back. I lost all hope. Then, one day, I saw how you genuinely helped me," Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding the situation. "I did? When was that?" 

"You probably already don't remember, but I didn't used to look like this. During my first day of school, I fell and I remembered everyone just walking past me, mocking me. You were the only one who bothered to help me up, and retrieved my glasses for me," Wonwoo continued, resolving the query. "You used to wear glasses?" Wonwoo nodded. "No wonder I don't recall seeing you before."

[Wonwoo felt tears coming, as she was about to say something that she has kept in to herself for quite sometime.]

"After that, I took a liking to you, but I knew that you had a girlfriend then so I knew my place. I mean, look at me, why would a guy like you fall in love with me? I already had feelings for you by the end of the year that we first met, but I knew you loved your girlfriend at the time so I didn't intend to step in because I knew that was not right, so I've always had a secret crush on you, only my closest friends knew," Wonwoo smiled, reminiscing the happy times that she secretly paid attention to Mingyu. 

"That was until you broke up with her, and I saw a tinge of hope that maybe you would like me back too, but I know it's impossible because she was probably the only girl you loved and will ever love. So, I don't anticipate you to love me back, I just want to stay by your side, as your wife. It's okay if you don't love me back, just don't ever push me away. I'll always be here whenever you need me, no matter what," Wonwoo got slightly teary eyed. "Oh, we're here," Wonwoo unbuckled her seatbelt, before Mingyu could properly react and headed towards their door. "Wonwoo, I-" His wife left the car before he could continue.

[Wonwoo did not want to know Mingyu's reaction, because she didn't want to receive a bad reaction. She knew better than anyone that she would get hurt so badly if Mingyu rejected her yet again.]

-Pledis University-

"It's finally the day of our graduation!" Jeonghan said excitedly as the girls stepped into their campus with all the decorations hung on the walls. "It's been a crazy journey here..." Seungkwan said as the rest of the girls nodded in agreement. "The guys are here!"

"Let's go into the halls so that we can find our seats before it gets crowded," Junhui suggested as the whole group started proceeding into the Theatre Hall that would fit all the graduating students. 

[All staff and parents filled the halls, together with students. The ceremony went on as per normal, with students going up on stage to collect their certificates and parents cheering. A few hours later, the ceremony was over.]

"Students and distinguished guests, there are various places set up outside to take your individual photos, please proceed when you're ready," one of the teachers stated over the microphone as everyone started to leave, group by group. 

"We're officially done with University!" Hansol cheered as he put his hands in the air. "So, what's next for everyone?"

"I'll be taking over my Father's company in a week's time after I familiarised with the operation of the company," Seungcheol was the first to answer. "I'll be taking over my Father's business too," Mingyu answered following that. 

"I'll be setting up my own dance studio, it's still undergoing renovations, but I've already started recruiting students," Soonyoung replied as the rest nodded. "I've signed an official contract with my company Shining Entertainment, as a model and will be starting work real soon!" Hansol exclaimed as it was his dream job since young.  

"That sounds great, guys! I'll be working at the hospital I interned at, they were satisfied with my performance and offered me a job," Junhui stated. "How about you, girls?"

"I also signed a contract under Shining Entertainment, but my forte is singing so I won't be working together with Hansol but we'll be colleagues!" Seungkwan beat everyone else to answer as she got really excited. 

"They allow their artistes to date?" Soonyoung was genuinely curious, as it was not common in that industry. "Yes hyung, we have clarified with the company beforehand and they're not that strict on dating, but we've decided that we won't be going public about it just yet," Hansol answered on behalf of Seungkwan. "I see... That's good that you both have it planned out," Seungcheol commented while the rest of the group agreed. 

"I just went for my interview not too long ago and I got through, so I'll be producing Music at Shining Entertainment as well starting next week, of course with other seniors guiding me along first," Jihoon answered with a satisfied smile. "That's my baby," Soonyoung his girlfriend's hair. "Soonyoung, there's other people around..." Jihoon started blushing as the rest chuckled. 

"How about you, baby?" Seungcheol turned to his girlfriend, as the rest turned in sync. "We're opening our own florist shop, it's called Smile Flower," Jeonghan said was a huge smile. "We?" Seungcheol asked. "Yes, I'm doing it together with Wonwoo and Minghao."

"That's nice, working together with friends, that would be super fun," Hansol commented as the three smiled. "We still have some stuff about the business to settle so it won't be open till next week, graduation week got us so busy!" Minghao stated shortly after. 

"Congratulations! Remember to invite us for your store opening, wouldn't miss it for the world!" Jihoon reminded the trio. "Of course we will," Wonwoo reassured. 

"Ah, looks like we're all headed to different directions now," Suengkwan stated, feeling a little sad. "Hey, don't be sad, boo, we can still meet up and hangout when we're free," Hansol comforted his girlfriend. "Yes, he's right," Soonyoung nodded.

[Everyone had a fun chat after that, discussing about their futures. Soon, it was evening time and everyone started packing up and leave as they were notified it was around the time for school to be closed for the day. All couples parted ways as they were headed different directions.]

-MinWon's Room-

[Wonwoo took her shower and was reading a book before her sleep, Mingyu came out of the shower and spotted his wife, sitting on the bed. He proceeded to sit beside her as he thought about the previous conversation, he started to stare at his wife lovingly.]

She's such a beauty... Her love for me is admirable, I never thought in my life that I would ever deserve such genuine deep love. 

"Mingyu? Is there something on my face?" Wonwoo caught her husband staring. "No, no- Absolutely not," Mingyu got flustered and looked away. "You were staring at-" Wonwoo couldn't even finish her sentence. "I'll be in my office!" Mingyu exclaimed as he ran out of the room hurriedly, Wonwoo chuckled. 

He's still so shy after we've been married for so many months...

[Mingyu came back to the room after he was done with his work, and found his wife sleeping soundly while still clutching onto the book. Mingyu removed the book gently before covering her with their blanket, he made sure his wife was asleep before he laid on their bed.]

"Jeon Wonwoo, my sweet loving wife. I really admire the love that you have for me, I'm not sure if I'm worthy of this love, but I promise to protect and love you with my life. I'm the man you chose to love and spend the rest of your life together, I'll make sure you didn't make the wrong decision. I love you." Mingyu pulled his wife closer, little did he know, Wonwoo already had tears streaming down her face. 

Mingyu said he loves me...

<<❤>>

***** 

They're finally done with University and will all be proceeding onto their next phase in life... I'm sorry for the long wait, school has just been really busy, I still hope you enjoyed this chapter. Wonwoo's trauma will be revealed in the next chapter... Feel free to leave comments and feedback! ❤

*****