The Date (21)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Pledis University-

"We're officially done for the week!" Seungkwan mentioned as they walked out of their class. "Let's take a seat over there as we wait for the guys," Minghao pointed to the bench located not far away from their classroom. 

"Sure, I'll send Cheollie a text so they know where to find us," Jeonghan whipped out her phone and texted her boyfriend. 

"Finally, it's a rest day and we're off school tomorrow!" Jeonghan exclaimed as she stretched her arms out. "This week has been really hectic, and we totally need a break!" Seungkwan stated as she yawned. 

"Do you girls remember when we mentioned that we wanted to go to Lotte World together?" Jeonghan stayed as the rest of the girls nodded. "Yes, we talked about it all the time," Minghao blurted our as the group laughed along. 

"Since it's the weekends, let's go tomorrow!" Jeonghan continued as the group were left in their thoughts. "Why not?" Jihoon soon replied. "I don't think it's a good idea, Mingyu and I just had a huge argument a few days ago and we haven't been speaking to each other," Wonwoo sighed. 

"Then all the more we should go!" Seungkwan exclaimed. "We will go as a group so it's impossible that two of you won't start talking, because we would be in pairs," Jeonghan explained. "Do you girls really think it will help?" Wonwoo questioned in doubt. 

"Of course it would! We would there to have fun! The boys love going to the amusement park!" Jihoon stated, knowing how much of a child her boyfriend becomes whenever they went to the amusement park. "Alright then."

"Let's wait for the guys to come and we'll tell them," Jeonghan suggested as the rest nodded in agreement. 

[The guys had basketball practice today, in preparation for their tournament, so the girls decided to stay behind and wait for them so they could go home together.]

"The guys are here," Jihoon pointed to the group of guys approaching them. "Seems like they ended earlier than expected today," Wonwoo was rubbing her eyes as she just woke up from her nap. 

"Hi, baby! Sorry to keep you lovely girls waiting!" Seungcheol greeted his girlfriend, before taking a seat. "It's okay, we know you guys had practice today, baby," Jeonghan kissed her boyfriend, forgetting the presence of her friends. 

"Oh my gosh, keep that at home!" Seungkwan exclaimed. "Don't say it like you haven't done it before!" Jeonghan pointed to Hansol and back to Seungkwan, while the group started laughing. 

"Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand," Jihoon stated as the laughter died down. "Oh, we're planning a trip to Lotte World!" Seungkwan said excitedly. "Lotte World?" Soonyoung asked as he looked to his girlfriend. 

"Yes, since it's the weekends tomorrow, we should all go together!" Jeonghan stayed as she grabbed her boyfriend's arm. "I don't see why not," Seungcheol responded as the guys nodded, well, most of the guys. 

"I'll be busy, so I'll skip it, I have a meeting at my father's company to attend to," Mingyu said as a dash of disappointment went by Wonwoo. "Can't you reschedule it for another day?" Jihoon frowned as she saw the expression on the latter's face. 

"Wonwoo really wants to go, can't you change your meeting to another day?" Minghao questioned as Mingyu looked at the mentioned. "Fine," Mingyu stated, after considering for a few seconds and Wonwoo's face immediately brightened up. 

It's going to be our first date together...

"Erm, I think I'll give this a miss," Minghao stated as the rest looked at her in shock. "Why?" Jihoon questioned, while the group looked concerned. "I mean, I don't have anyone to go with-"

"You can go with me," Junhui cut her off, while she was surprised. "That's wonderful! Everyone has a date then!" Jeonghan was genuinely happy for everyone. 

"Alright, let's go home and rest for the day, see you guys tomorrow!" Seungkwan suggested as everyone started to stand up and leave. 

-Minwon's Room-

[Mingyu was already up earlier than usual as he had to reschedule his meeting with his father. Wonwoo was still soundly asleep in their bed.]

*Calling Father...*

"Hello, this is Kim Jaemin speaking."

"Father, this is Mingyu."

"Yes, Son, what's the matter?"

"I need reschedule my meeting that was supposed to be today."

"This is a very important meeting and it would be hard to-"

"I have a date with Wonwoo today, and she's looking forward to it so I don't want to disappoint her, Father. I hope you understand."

"You should've said so earlier, if it was for Wonwoo, of course you can reschedule it. Just remember to send me your available dates later and I'll reschedule the meeting."

"Yes, I will. Thank you, Father."

"Have fun on your date! I'll be expecting a grandchild soon!"

"Father, stop joking around."

"Okay, I will stop. I'll see you soon, my son."

"Goodbye, Father."

*Call Ended...*

[After the call ended, Mingyu places his phone down as he walked over to his bed, beside his wife, he started to her hair. ]

It's not like my parents know you that well, but why do they adore you so much?

[Mingyu immediately moved his hand away after feeling Wonwoo waking up from her sleep.]

"Good morning, Mingyu," Wonwoo rubbed her eyes. "Why are you up so early?" She yawned as she spoke. 

"I had to reschedule my meeting obviously," Mingyu answered coldly, as he stood up from their bed. 

There he goes again...

"Wow, look at the time! I should get ready now!" Wonwoo exclaimed after seeing that it was two hours away from noon. 

[Mingyu was in his study room sorting out some documents while Wonwoo had trouble picking her outfit as it was her first date and she wanted to look presentable.]

[After carefully choosing her clothes for almost half an hour, she decided to go with this pink plaid dress, which was one of her favourites

[After carefully choosing her clothes for almost half an hour, she decided to go with this pink plaid dress, which was one of her favourites.]

"I think I should go with this, it's so pretty," Wonwoo mumbled to herself as she checked herself out in the mirror, before walking out of her walk-in wardrobe. "Ahjussi is almost here to pick us up so-" Mingyu stopped his sentence halfway as he stared as his wife from the door. 

Woah... She's so gorgeous...

"Why did you stop? Do I look weird or something?" Wonwoo was getting self-conscious. "No, absolutely not, I was just staring because you look stunning," Mingyu answered as a dark red shade of blush painted Wonwoo's cheeks. "Oh, thank you so much," Wonwoo rubbed her nape, as she smiled. 

That was his first ever compliment of me. 

"Ahjussi's here! We should go or are you going to continue staring at me?" Wonwoo teased, before Mingyu move away from the door and went to change his clothes. 

[Mingyu chose a long sleeved stripe outerwear with a white shirt, paired with his favourite pair of jeans                    

[Mingyu chose a long sleeved stripe outerwear with a white shirt, paired with his favourite pair of jeans.]

"You're done, let's go!" Wonwoo was starting to feel excited about her date with her husband as she grabbed onto his hands and ran out the door once he was done wearing his shoes. "Hey, slow down a little," Mingyu was afraid she might fall. 

He looks amazing as always...

-Lotte World-

"We're finally here!" Jeonghan started taking lots of pictures. "You're getting so excited, baby," Seungcheol laughed at his girlfriend. 

"Wow, there's so many rides here," Minghao looked around in awe, Junhui chuckled as he stared at her. "I saw that, bro," Hansol teased as they were standing a few spaces away. "Shut up."

[All of them went on the various rides together as a group and had the time of their lives for the first time in a while.]

"Let's split up and explore for a bit before we head home," Jeonghan suggested as the rest agreed. "We'll meet back here again in an hour."

"Mingyu, there's a photo booth there," Wonwoo pointed to the front as she got her husband's attention. "Can we go take some photos together?" Wonwoo questioned as she grabbed his arm. 

"Sure," was all Mingyu replied, before Wonwoo grinned happily while waiting for the photos. 

It just takes so little to please her, that's adorable. 

"Let's rest here for a bit," Wonwoo sat down at one of the tables after collecting their photos. "Are you thirsty?" Wonwoo nodded before Mingyu went inside the store to buy a drink. 

[Wonwoo got bored and took out her phone to take some pictures, so she didn't notice a few guys who were staring at her.]

"Hey gorgeous, can we get your number?" One of the guys approached her. "My friend wants to get to know you."

"Erm, I'm sorry, I can't-" Wonwoo looked around for her husband, but he was still inside the shop, getting their orders. 

[Mingyu looked out the glass door after he got the receipt and he saw an unpleasant sight.]

Why is our table so crowded? Why is she being harassed?

"Come on, we're nice," another guy started approaching her. "I don't wa-"

"She's taken," The group turned to the source of the voice. "She's my wife, so, I'm sorry you won't be getting her number," Mingyu placed down the drinks before standing beside his wife, with his hands on her shoulder. "Geez, what a bummer," the guys remarked as they left. 

"Thank you, Mingyu," Wonwoo smiled as she looked at her husband, who were still making sure the guys were no longer around. 

"They're gone now, you can sit down," Wonwoo remarked as Mingyu continued standing. 

"What are you doing?" Wonwoo became slightly flustered once she saw Mingyu taking off his outerwear. "You should cover your legs," Mingyu noticed that her thighs and legs were exposed, as the dress was slightly short. 

"Now that's better," Mingyu showed his canine smile, feeling slightly proud of himself. 

[The couple sat there enjoying their drinks, while waiting for the rest to be done with their rides. They seem to be more comfortable with each other now.]

"They're closing up soon, let's go back home," Minghao reminded as she checked her watch. "Yes, we should, definitely wouldn't want them locking us in here," Hansol stated as he held on Seungkwan. 

"See you guys in school next week!" Jeonghan waved as she got into her boyfriend's car. "See you!" The couples replied as they left one by one. 

"So, I'll send you home?" Junhui asked as he looked towards Minghao. "That would be nice, thank you," Minghao smiled. "See you next week, Won," she gave a goodbye hug to her best friend. "See you, have an amazing walk on the way home," Wonwoo whispered as the other hit her playfully. 

"Have a safe trip home, bro," Junhui fist bumped Mingyu before catching up with Minghao. "Thanks, you too!" Wonwoo's eyes followed the two figures, smiling. 

I'm happy they're both happy. 

"Great timing, Ahjussi's here, let's get going, Wonwoo," Mingyu opened the door for his wife to get in. "Wait, what did you just call me?" Wonwoo couldn't believe her ears. 

"I called you Wonwoo, is something wrong?" Mingyu was puzzled. "No, it's just- That's the first time you called me by my name," Wonwoo stated before realisation fell upon Mingyu. 

"Oh, I never realised it," Mingyu scratched his head, as his wife stared at him lovingly. 

Gosh, he's so cute. 

"Erm, I'm sorry to break the moment but both of you need to get into the car, it's getting late." Their chauffeur cleared his throat before the young couple finally stepped into their car. 

[The trip home was quiet, Wonwoo fell asleep and leaned her husband's shoulder, as Mingyu stared at her features, which didn't go unnoticed by their chauffeur.]

"Looks like someone's in love," the chauffeur teased the younger. "Ahjussi, how can you tell?" Mingyu questioned, being curious. 

"Well, normal friends don't stare at each other like that, the fact that you let someone lie on your shoulder proves something. You don't like having skinship with just anyone." That got Mingyu thinking as he interlocked their hands together. 

Yes, I think my heart is opening up again, I'm ready for this love. 

<<❤>>

*****

Mingyu is finally starting to reciprocate the feelings! I'm sorry for the slow updates as I'm really busy with school so it's a longer chapter today. Thank you for reading! Feel free to leave feedback! :)

*****