The First Quarrel (20)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Minwon's Room-

"Mingyu, can I talk to you, please?" Wonwoo asked from her vanity chair. "Sure," Mingyu answered as he patted the space next to him on the bed while leaning against the headboard.

"So?" The taller's eyes followed as the shorter sat.

"I-I just wanted to talk about us," Wonwoo started.

"What about?" Mingyu asked with a nonchalant expression. 

"C-can I be honest with you?" Wonwoo questioned as he received a nod. "Sure."

"Although we've already been married for two months, I don't feel happy, much less loved," Wonwoo's tears started to gather. "Yeah, I don't love you for sure," Mingyu accidentally blurted his thoughts, but it was too late. 

Wow, Mingyu, thanks for making me feel like . 

"It's just-" There was a long pause, which led to the room having an awkward silence, Wonwoo tried to hold back her tears. 

"Just what? Can you finish up?" Mingyu was annoyed but Wonwoo already had tears streaming down her face.

"-I always see you together with Younghee, and-"

"Hey, you seeing me together with her doesn't prove anything," Mingyu stated with his eyebrows creased. 

She told me you went to her house, how do you think I would feel?

"Mingyu, I just wish you would pay more attention to me, ask me how I'm doing, care for me a little more, instead of hanging around with Younghee, I'm your legal partner," Wonwoo held up her hand, showing her wedding ring as she stood up. 

"I didn't marry you because I have feelings for you, I married you for the sake of the family business, so you can't force me to do something I don't like," Mingyu stood up looking down at Wonwoo. "Whoever I hang out with, it's my business, I never interfere in who you hang out with, so you can't interfere with mine," Mingyu continued as he took out his fresh clothes. "But- Mingyu!"

"I'm going to wash up now, I don't wish to discuss this issue again when I'm out, I hope you understand," Mingyu brushed through his hair before leaving the room. 

Didn't marry me because he liked me... And yet I had a glimpse of hope he did at the very least. 

Wonwoo went to bed and tried to fall asleep, but kept on tossing and turning around as she was still thinking about their argument.

He's my husband, I have all rights to know what he wants to do with his ex. But what can I do? Nothing. But if he doesn't want me to interfere, then I won't.

Wonwoo shed a tear before feeling the other side of the bed dip, and then felt a hand was on her waist, Mingyu was backhugging her.

"Mingyu, please don't touch me," Wonwoo requested as she removed Mingyu's arm. "I'm your husband, why can't I?" Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm just not in the mood now, Mingyu, please," Wonwoo continued as Mingyu pulled away reluctantly. "Fine," Mingyu remarked as he backfaced Wonwoo. 

I'm sorry, Mingyu, I don't know if I'm able to keep this up anymore... I'm really tired.

-Pledis University-

[Wonwoo was walking to Mingyu's locker as she waited for Mingyu to come out of class so they would go to class together. She was only at a distance when she spotted an unpleasant sight.]

"Mingyu baby!" Younghee greeted cheerfully. 

"I already passed you all the stuff you gave me when I went to your house the other day. What else do you want?" Mingyu was trying to stay away from Younghee. 

"I just want you to get back together with me! Please don't reject me," Younghee pleaded as she held onto Mingyu's arm. "Don't touch me, Younghee-sshi, you didn't love me truly. I'm married now, I loved you before, but it's all over. I love someone else now," Mingyu stated as he shoved Younghee's hands away. "And stop bothering my wife, please, she's really affected by what you did the other day."

"How could you love her within such a short time?! You can't do this to me!" Younghee whined as she hugged him. 

"Love just works in mysterious ways, Younghee-ssi, just like how you played with my feelings but you claimed to have loved me, and two months isn't a short time." Mingyu continued as the girl tightened her hold.

Wonwoo saw the scene from afar as she hid in the corner and tears started to gather yet again right before she decided she had enough and left the scene.

Mingyu, why must you do this to me? Am I not worth it? Maybe I should just give up.

"Get the hell off me, I have someone else now, it's over, please stop coming to find me, it's already been two weeks, I won't entertain you any further. Also, please don't bother my wife any longer, I will not be easy on you the next time." Mingyu gathered his books before heading off to find his friends, leaving the girl fuming. 

"Why the gloomy face?" Minghao asked as she tapped Wonwoo's shoulder. "I-It's Mingyu... I saw Younghee hugging him earlier on," Wonwoo started tearing. "Hey, don't cry," Minghao the latter's back. 

"Minghao, I j-just don't t-think we should continue to s-stay m-married, h-he says he m-married me only be-because of the family business and n-not because he has f-feelings for me," Wonwoo said between her sobs while Minghao passed her a piece of tissue paper. "Th-thank you."

"And- I al-always see him together with Younghee recently, I think he pro-probably re-regrets marrying me, and I j-just don't know if I can k-keep this up," Wonwoo shed another tear as she looked towards the ground while caressing her ring. "Maybe we should never have gotten married in the first place."

"No, that's not it. Wonwoo, you're his wife, not Younghee. He's yours, not hers, no matter what, stay strong. I know how you feel, I've been through it, but now it's getting better. It's going get better, Won, you just have to be patient, what's yours will come, trust me," Minghao held Wonwoo's hand as she spoke. "No matter what happens, we'll all be here for you so stay strong, Wonwoo," Minghao wiped away her tears. 

"Thank you, Minghao, I feel better now," Wonwoo hugged Minghao as she spoke. "No worries, now let's get to class, shall we?" Minghao hooked arms with Wonwoo as they chuckled.

<<❤>>

*****

Thank you for reading! I've have been really busy with school recently, but I will try to update as much as I can!

*****