The Rest (07)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Jeon's Mansion-

Urgh~ My head hurts so bad.

"Wonnie! Wake up! You're going to be late for school," Jihye shouted while opening Wonwoo's room door. "I'm already up, Eom-" Wonwoo stood up before falling to her bed.

"Wonnie, are you okay? You seem very pale," Jihye touched her daughter's forehead. "Your forehead is burning, looks like you have a fever. I'm going to call in sick for you. Rest well, I'll get the family doctor here," Jihye said before leaving the room. "Notify one of your friends so they know!"

Jeonghan unnie has most classes with me, I'll inform her then.

*Messaging to Jeonghanie...*

Wonwoo: Jeonghan unnie, I won't be in school today because I fell sick, can you help me collect my work?

Jeonghan: Sure, Wonnie, rest well! We'll visit you after school!

Wonwoo: Thank you so much, unnie!

Jeonghan: Hey, what are friends for? No problem!

-Pledis University-

"Wonwoo never misses school, may I know why she's absent today?" Mr Choi questioned after he was done marking everyone's attendance. "Ask her husband," Junhui remarked out of nowhere, causing the class to whisper. 

"Excuse me, the wedding never happened," Mingyu spoke up, defending himself without realising. "I never said you were her husband, unless you admit it yourself," the whole class started laughing. 

"Alright, that's enough, Junhui, bros don't fight," Seungcheol stopped the latter from continuing. "Mr Choi, she's sick, so she won't be here today," Jeonghan informed.

"Is it because of yesterday?" Younghee asked Mingyu due to curiosity. "I don't know, and I really don't care either," Mingyu shrugged his shoulders.

-Jeon's Mansion-

"She just needs plenty of rest and medication taken on time to recover, Mrs Jeon," the family doctor stated while packing his stuff. "Alright, thank you for your help," Jihye thanked the family doctor as they stood by the entrance. "It's my pleasure."

"Wonnie, rest well after taking your medication, you understand? You need ample rest to recover, just focus on healing and all other things, we can do it after. I'll be heading out now since your friends will be reaching here soon," Jihye said while passing Wonwoo her medication. "Thank you, Eomma."

"Your friends must be here," Jihye went out of the room after hearing the doorbell ring.

"Good afternoon, Ajumma, is Wonwoo in her room?" Jeonghan asked as the group stood in front of the door. "Yes, she is, sweetie, thank you for coming," Jihye thanked Wonwoo's friends before leaving the house. "It's our pleasure."

"Annyeong, Wonwoo unnie!" Seungkwan called cheerfully as she went into the room, causing Wonwoo's face to brighten up at the sight of her friends. 

"Oh, Junhui, you came too?" Wonwoo didn't expect him to be here. "Am I not welcomed? Alright, I'll leave-" 

"No, I just thought that you were still angry at me," Wonwoo looked away from Junhui. "I'm not petty, silly, I was in the wrong, not you," Junhui chuckled as he spoke. "Friends?" 

"Yeah, friends!" Wonwoo said as she shook Junhui's extended hand. "How's school?" Wonwoo asked after they all occupied her room. 

"Just the normal stuff," Jeonghan started. "Mr Choi teaching," Seungkwan continued. "Chaos at the canteen," Jihoon added as laughter was heard around the room. "And Mingyu and Younghee-" Minghao stopped after realising what she said, as the laughter died down. "You had to say that? What's wrong with you?" Junhui asked after seeing Wonwoo's expression stiffen. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" Minghao continuously bobbed her head up and down. 

"It's fine, I'm used to it," Wonwoo said as she sighed. "My heart's already numb," Wonwoo gave a sad smile to her friends. "I'm okay guys, really," Wonwoo assured her friends with a fake smile even though she was hurt inside.

"I think we should be heading home, it's already evening time," Jeonghan glanced at the clock. "Yeah, we should, are you attending school tomorrow?" Junhui asked as they stood up. "Most likely, yes, I'll inform you guys if I'm not," Wonwoo spoke as she yawned and received nods in the process. "Thanks for coming, guys."

Wonwoo began to cry again, thinking about the words from earlier. Saying she was not hurt, was an understatement, she was definitely hurt, yet again. 

Mingyu, when will you realise my feelings towards you? All you see is Younghee... I'm tired, Mingyu, I really am... 

And so, Wonwoo cried herself to sleep again, it was like a routine, happening every night without fail.

<<❤>>