The Plans (03)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Living Room-

"So when is the date of the wedding?" Yena started the discussion after sitting down on the couch beside her husband.

"How about next week?" Jaemin suggested.

"Next week?! What's the rush?!" Mingyu was clearly objecting to the marriage.

He clearly doesn't want to get married with me...

"Mingyu, both of you are already old enough to get married so why not? The earlier, the better. You can then finally inherit your father's company after you graduate," Yena answered.

"I have no intention in doing that anytime soon and I still object to this marriage, Mother! I don't want to get married with someone I don't even like, I love Younghee, why not let me marry her instead?" Mingyu said, frustratedly, clearly not considering Wonwoo's feelings.

Maybe I should just object to this marriage too since he's so unwilling...

"Kim Mingyu! That's enough! You have said enough hurtful comments for one night, you'd better apologise to Wonwoo this instant!" Jaemin was fuming, unable to tolerate the atrocious behaviour of his son.

"No, it's fine, Mr Kim. If Mingyu-ssi really doesn't want to get married then let's not get married," Wonwoo finally spoke up upon seeing the perplexed expression of Mingyu.

Now that's music to my ears.

"See, she doesn't want to get married too, so let's just call it off," Mingyu announced happily.

That's not what I meant, I just didn't want you to be upset.

"No, we are not calling off the wedding. This is for the sake of the business. I can clearly see that Wonwoo is willing to get married, she's just giving in to you because you're the only one here that's opposing to all this. Also, we won't allow Younghee to marry you, she's not the one for you," Jaemin stated firmly, crossing his arms.

"But Fath-" Mingyu spoke to retaliate but got cut off. "This decision is final, no more buts," Yena added on strictly.

Why is fate so cruel to me? I want Younghee, not this other girl as my wife.

"The wedding has to go on? And my wife is not Younghee?" Mingyu questioned as he looked at his parents. "Yes and yes, Mingyu, I'm glad that it has got through-" Yena stopped as she saw her son standing. "Then I'm out of here, thank you for the dinner, Mr and Mrs Jeon," Mingyu started to storm out of the house, not forgetting his manners.

"MINGYU!" Yena and Jaemin shouted in sync. "I'm so sorry, this kid's just-" Yena bowed continuously as she apologised.

"It's okay, we understand, he must've been shocked by this sudden arrangement, guess we'll discuss this another day?" Jihye asked. "Yes, perhaps so, we might have to postpone the wedding till it gets through that stubborn brain of his, I'm so sorry," Joowon bowed as he spoke. "Thank you for having us." 

-Mingyu's Car-

*Calling Baby...*

"Hey baby, how was your dinner?"

"Don't even start on it..."

"Aww, poor baby, not liking the family?"

"No, the family's nice, just my marriage partner, I don't like her, I prefer my babe. Speaking of which, can I go over?" 

"You want to come over? Won't your parents get angry?"

"Who cares? I'm still going, see you later, babe!" 

"Bye, baby!"

*Called Ended...*

"Bring me to Younghee's house," Mingyu instructed the driver. "But, Young Master, your parents-" the driver started. 

"Just go!" Mingyu demanded, earning a sigh from his driver, used to the behaviour. "Yes, Young Master." 

-Younghee's Apartment-

Whose shoes are those? I certainly haven't seen them before because it's definitely not mine. That's weird...

"Hey, baby!" Younghee gave her boyfriend a peck before she felt an arm circling her tiny waist. "Hey, babe."

"Let me stay the night, I don't want to see my parents right now," Mingyu requested. "But it's uncomfortable to sleep here and we have school tomorrow, baby," Younghee reminded. "You know I don't care about those things, please?" Mingyu pouted.

"Aww~ You know I can't resist your puppy eyes, then we'll go to school together tomorrow?" Younghee questioned, while cupping his face. "Of course, babe," Mingyu pecked Younghee's lips. "Then what about your clothes for school?" 

"I'll just have my driver to send it over, let's get some rest, I'm really tired," Mingyu intertwined their hands and proceeded into her room.

-Jeon's Residences-

"Go rest now, Wonnie and Kookie, you both have school tomorrow," Jihye stated as the two teens retired to their room. "Yes, Eomma!" The two replied in unison. 

-Wonwoo's and Jungkook's Room-

"I wonder what he's doing now? Is he sleeping well? Is he feeling better now?" Wonwoo mumbled to herself, which didn't go unheard by the younger. "Why worry about him so much? He doesn't even like you. Heck, he has a girlfriend, do you even recall how he treated you earlier on?" Jungkook scoffed as she laid on her pillow, texting her boyfriend.

"It's because I love him, Kookie, I don't expect him to love me back, I just don't want to stop loving him and that's all that matters," Wonwoo smiled sadly as a tear slipped away from her eye.

<<❤>>