The Heartache (06)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Kim's Mansion-

"Just a minute!" Yena exclaimed when she heard the doorbell go off.

"Aigoo~ what happened to you? Hurry up and come in!" Yena was shocked to see Wonwoo soaking wet. "I'll go get you a towel!"

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble, Mrs Kim. I was caught in the rain, and I was running late so I just came here straightaway," Wonwoo explained, apologetically.

[Wonwoo waited for Mingyu outside the school gates until the last minute but he didn't show up so she left for his house, she strolled through the downpour all alone.]

"No, it's no trouble at all, dear! We're all happy that you can be here!" Yena welcomed Wonwoo with a bright smile. "I think you might want to take a shower first, don't want you falling sick," Yena said as she dried Wonwoo's hair.

"I don't have spare clothes, Mrs Kim," Wonwoo reminded Yena. "It's alright, I'll get Mingyu's clothes for you," Yena headed to his room before coming out with a yellow oversized sweater and a pair of denim blue jeans. "It's the smallest size of his that I could find in his closet."

"Is it really okay to wear his clothes? I don't think-" Wonwoo didn't want Mingyu to dislike her further. "I'm the one passing this to you, don't care about that stubborn kid," Yena passed the clothes over and brought her to the toilet. "Thank you, Mrs Kim," Wonwoo thanked politely.

"Ah, Wonwoo, just in time for dinner, your parents are here," Yena mentioned upon the sight of the younger lady returning to the room after taking her shower.

"Hi, Eomma, Appa. Sorry I wasn't home earlier, I had things going on in school," Wonwoo explained while looking at his parents, drying her hair. "It's alright, Wonnie. As long as you're here. Let's all sit down instead of standing. Where's Mingyu?" Jihye noticed the latter missing from the room.

"He's late, I already called him to hurry," Yena stated as she gave an awkward smile. "It's alright, still early, so we can wait," Jihye reassured Yena.

"Oh, just in time," Yena said as she heard the doorbell ring.

"Mother, I'm home!" Mingyu greeted as he entered. "That's great, we're all waiting for you!" Yena exclaimed as she went in. 

"Wait, Mother, look who I brought home with me," Mingyu pulled his girlfriend in excitedly. "Good evening, Ajumma," Younghee greeted with her best smile. "Mingyu, why is she here?" Yena asked in confusion. "Mother, why do you look upset to see her? She's my girlfriend!" 

[The rest came out from the dining room to see what the commotion was about, all shocked to see the sight.]

"She's not supposed to be here, especially today, and you know that!" Yena stated firmly. "Why, Mother? We could discuss our wedding plans since you wanted me to get married!" Mingyu said as he held Younghee tightly to his side. "Mingyu! You know we object to your relationship with her!" Joowon joined in the argument, referring to his wife and himself.

"But, Father, she's the one I love, the one I would marry," Mingyu retaliated back. "No, we don't approve it, Wonwoo is the one you will marry!" Yena stated, and it soon turned into a heated argument.

"Just because she's not rich and she is?! That's not fair, Mother! It's ridiculous!" Mingyu started to get angry. "Baby, calm down," Younghee rubbed Mingyu's chest. 

"Ajumma, Ahjussi, love knows no boundaries, it doesn't matter about the status, please just let Mingyu and I be in love?" Younghee started as she intertwined their hands. "You say that of course, you're dating him for his money!" Jaemin shouted. "Father, Younghee's not that type of person, you're being ridiculous! She loves me truly and I love her!" Mingyu argued back with even more anger.

"Love? What do you know about love?! Don't talk back to us like that, young man!" Yena reprimanded her son. "I'll show you what's love," Mingyu stated before he pulled Younghee into a deep kiss. 

[In this instant, both families had their mouths wide open in shock, while Wonwoo had tears glistening in her eyes.]

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Wonwoo spat, unable to tolerate it further. "Kim Mingyu, I know you don't have feelings for me but you didn't need to do all this to hurt my feelings! Eomma, Appa, let's call off the wedding for real, I can't take this anymore!" Wonwoo said as she ran out of the house, nudging Mingyu harshly in the process. 

"Wonnie, it's still raining!" Jihye shouted in worry. "Don't worry, Eomma, I'll get her," Jungkook assured before she ran after her sister with an umbrella. 

"Look at the mess you created! Get her out of-" Jaemin shouted angrily as his heart started acting up. "Honey!" Yena shouted as she brought him to the sofa and went to grab his pills. "I think I'd better go," Younghee said to Mingyu, seeing the current situation.

"I'll send you home," Mingyu said as he went to his car with Younghee. "Thank you, baby, is Ahjussi going to be okay?" Younghee asked worriedly. "Don't worry, babe, it's an old ailment, he'll be fine after," Mingyu said as he held her hands. 

"I guess we'll head home now, the wedding plans, might have to wait till all of this die down," Jihye stated as they started packing up. "Yes, I'm afraid. I'll contact you again," Yena sighed as she sent the Jeons out the door.

"Is Jaemin going to be alright?" Joowon looked at his friend in worry. "Yes, he'll be fine after taking a rest, it's an old ailment so he'll be fine, don't worry," Yena assured as she saw the guests out.

I've had enough of this! What did I do to deserve this?! I just want care and concern from the person I love, is that too much to ask for? Maybe I shouldn't have fallen for an attached man... 

"Unnie!" Jungkook called as she caught up. "You're drowning wet again! Let's get you home, you're gonna get sick at this rate," Jungkook said as more tears started to run down Wonwoo's face, recalling the day's events. "The driver's here, let's go, Eomma and Appa are going to get worried," Wonwoo wiped off her tears with her sweater paws as new tears started to form. 

"Today's just not my day," Wonwoo sighed. "Lend me your shoulder, at least until we reach home, please? My heart hurts so bad," Jungkook shifted in her seat as her sister cried on her shoulder. 

"Aigoo, poor unnie, that Kim Mingyu is seriously too much," Jungkook sighed as she Wonwoo's hair.

<<❤>>