Wonderland

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nami island, where one can experience a true winter wonderland. There is something magical about this winter wonderland, between the pure white and heart-warming browns. Winter trees such as maple, pine, ginko, and tulip trees lined up forming a love lane in between in the next avenue. Like one of those dramas, everything feels like you are somehow part of it as the snow-covered tree lanes and the tall; white birch trees absolutely give you that magical feel.

Upon entering the place, there is a cozy small log cabin restaurant with a cute snowman statue that points towards it as if it’s telling you to come and visit the place. Taeyeon, along with Tiffany and Yuri on both sides, steps into the place as the ambiance and the sweet calming melody greeted them.

“I smell something good.” Yuri sniffs.

Taeyeon widens her eyes and exclaimed, “Ox beef bone soup!” she turns to Tiffany realizing they said it at the same time as they giggled.

“Wahh baegopa should we order that too?” Yuri suggests. It was way past lunchtime when they arrived at Chuncheon. A staff warmly greets them as he guides them to their table. Giving out the menus, he takes out his notepad and pen while waiting for them to decide.

“We’ll definitely have Ox beef bone soup and a fruit punch, the non-alcoholic one, as our drinks,” Taeyeon voiced out while scanning for some other meals.

 “I’d like to add braised burdock root and some steamed buns if you have.” Yuri closed the menu and smiled at the waiter as he takes note of it. “How about you tiff?”

“I agree with Taeyeon and oh, some steamed mandus please.” The waiter finished taking their orders and left. Minutes later, he came with their drinks and sets them on the table.

“I have a serious question,” Taeyeon said with hands clasped and arms resting on the table. Yuri and Tiffany leaned in as they anticipate Taeyeon's question. “If I wait for too long, does that also mean I’m a waiter too?” she furrowed her brows.

“Bwoyaa!”  The two scoff in sync feeling disappointed while cringing at the same time.

“You’re just hungry, here have some mandus.” Just on cue, the waiter arrived with some side dishes, steamed mandus, and buns as Yuri takes them from him and placed them in front of Taeyeon. “Kim Taeyeon manimogora?”

Taeyeon burst out laughing seeing how funny their reactions were, “Chalmukasimnida!” she takes off her coat and hangs it behind her chair as she takes her chopsticks and digs in.

_________________________________

Passing through the most famous spot between two rows of tall maple trees in front of the river, the sleeping winter trees stand silently as twigs move along in the breeze, stirring their wintry dreams. Dramas such as winter sonata, made people fell in love with the place. Feeling as if they were one of the main characters, Taeyeon and Tiffany walked side by side as Yuri followed them like a puppy from behind, stepping into the footprints that the two made.

“I should’ve brought Jessica along,” Yuri mumbled from behind seeing Tiffany stealing glances at Taeyeon who is immersed in admiring the place.

“Why didn’t you?” Tiffany asked with her back facing her.

“What can I do, she’s asleep. You know what happens when you wake her up.” Yuri crossed her arms, “Do you want me to leave you guys alone?”

“Yah if you told us we’re going to NAMI island, you should’ve let us travel alone.” Tiffany blushed at Taeyeon’s statement as the former turned to face Yuri and scoffs while shaking her head.

“You won’t be here anyway without my help.”

Tiffany sense the two would start to annoy each other again as she changed the topic, “Time sure does fly so fast. Can you guys believe it? Tomorrow is another day of a new year, new hope and-“

“New beginnings,” Taeyeon smiled as she finished Tiffany’s sentence.

“Right! Let’s just hope that taeng and you could go back home safely.” Yuri rubbed her hands together creating friction, “Oh look what a cute snowman.”

Taeyeon’s smile instantly faded when she heard yuri talked about going ‘HOME’. Tiffany saw the sudden expression as she furrowed her eyebrows, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Nothing’s wrong” she released a peal of small laughter, “Oh look at the river! Come on!” she held Tiffany’s hand, dragging her with her as they ran towards the other side of the lane.

They stopped at the riverside where the path is narrowed, “Taeyeon ah” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand even tighter than before with eyes pleading.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter