Torn Apart

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Promise me, when you get back, you have to destroy the ring. Let’s leave everything behind and go back to our world, hm?”

The other Taeyeon's face became expressionless as she slowly disappeared from her sight. Taeyeon watched the view of the city as her hands formed into a fist. Right after the other Taeyeon disappeared, a snake-like beast with visible dark and burning scales, appeared right before her eyes as it flew right above her coming from below. Its eyes yearn for bloodshed and with one glance it can turn a person’s skin into a sickly pallor. Behind these eyes of dragonish glare, are the souls slowly ceasing to exist and begging for mercy.

Taeyeon shivered when the beast stared into her deeply, “You’re not gonna kill me, are you?” The thunder’s roared and the rain suddenly poured harder. Taeyeon takes a huge gulped her own saliva while closing her eyes.

An hour before Christmas, Taeyeon finally opened her eyes as she adjusts her vision from the bright light. Her mother noticed it as she quickly came to her side, “Taeyeon ah you’re finally awake!” she held her hand firm yet in a gentle way. A few minutes later, a bunch of doctors especially in the neuro department checks on Taeyeon’s condition.

Throughout the whole time, Taeyeon could only hum and move less since her body is still numbed from sleeping for 18 days. The results show Taeyeon’s been doing well as she complied with all the tests they did. Taeyeon noticed throughout the whole time that it’s only her mother who’s present.

“Taeyeon-ah, your father and brother aren’t here because they’re stranded in the states because of the snowstorm. I guess it’s only the two of us who’s celebrating this Christmas.” She smiled sadly.

Morning came and Tiffany heard the news as soon as she woke up. Tiffany ordered a feast like food and to be delivered to Taeyeon’s room, deciding to celebrate Christmas for the first time in a while. When Tiffany arrived, the food arrived just arrived before her as Taeyeon’s mother was surprised and anxious since she didn’t order all of it. Tiffany giggled at the sight and explained to her that she was the one who ordered all of it.

“Ahjumma since when did Taeyeon woke up?” Tiffany smiled as she sat beside Taeyeon who’s taking a nap on her bed.

“It was around 11 pm, Agassi.” She bowed.

“You must be tired, ahjumma.” Tiffany pouts.

“I’m okay agassi, don’t worry about me. For the sake of my daughter’s wellbeing, I am willing to sacrifice anything for her.” Taeyeon heard the whole thing as she bit her tongue from preventing a tear to fall. It’s the first time she ever heard her own mother spoke those words. Will she ever hear her real mother say it in her world?

A knock on the door was heard followed by the door opening, revealing the nurse on duty as she relays the message of the doctor, “Kim Taeyeon’s eommoni, the doctor wants to have a word with you on her office.” Taeyeon’s mom nods as she excused herself leaving the two alone.

“I know you’re awake ever since I came.” Taeyeon peeked, opening a small gap in her right eye. Seeing Tiffany’s face up close her eyes widens realizing with just one move closer their nose tips would touch. Tiffany gently pushed Taeyeon down as she leaned even closer to her.

Taeyeon suddenly regained her strength as she gently pushed Tiffany away from her. She sat up with her head hanging low, “Jebal! Let's not do this." she exclaimed which startles the latter, "There’s something you need to know about me.” She said weakly while catching her breaths in between.

Tiffany lifts Taeyeon’s chin and smiled warmly, “Now I understand why you’ve changed so much.” Taeyeon confusingly looks at her, “I already know.”

“You know? How?”

“Jessica told me the whole story. At first, I find it hard to believe but as days passed by, it took me such considerations that her story and your actions match.” She held both Taeyeon’s hands, “Taeyeon ah, can't you stay with me?”

“W-what?” Taeyeon’s heart wavered at the sight of tiffany.

“Please stay with me.”

The words of grandpa Kim suddenly fades into Taeyeon’s memory as she clearly remembers every word of it, “I don’t want you to be stuck in a different world, and I don’t want you to suffer the same thing as I did.”

Taeyeon hung her head low and spoke in a low voice. Tiffany leaned closer trying to catch what Taeyeon just said. Taeyeon slowly brings her head to look up, with messy hair she looks at Tiffany and said these words. Tiffany’s heart starts beating fast as she backs away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter