Winning her heart

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ever since that day, Jessica started to avoid me. I tried to reach out but to no avail, she's still not willing to even spare a minute to talk to me. Weeks turn to a month yet she's still avoiding me. I told Yuri about what happened so before this day ends, Yuri decided to invite Jessica to her place since it’s the closest to our school. We went out first and decided to wait for them in the lobby. Lately, Tiffany was silent so I confronted her first.

“Fany ah”

“Taeyeon ah,” We called each other in sync.

“Oh sorry, you first”

“Well,” I turned to the person beside me as I hummed “I was thinking…” she fidgets in her spot.

“What?” I watch her hands fidgeting then to her.

“I-I was thinking if…” With such anticipation, I leaned my head and raised my eyebrow, “Do you have feelings for Jessica?” The atmosphere was awkward and there was a long silence before she spoke again, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to pry. You don’t have to answer that.” I felt sadness in her tone when she said that before looking away.

“Fany-ah I-“

“Yeodora did you wait too long?” Yuri called us from behind followed by a grumpy Jessica. “Let’s go” She motioned us to go ahead as they followed us. I looked at her walking beside me as she looks away.

On the way to the Red Dragon, the ride to the hotel was filled with silence. From the car to the elevator none of us dared to say a word. I’m nervous. What would Jessica think of my story? Will she freak out? Think weirdly of me? I just hope all goes well tonight.

“We’re here” Yuri informed as the elevator door opens. Stepping out, we head over to the living room and took a seat after placing our bags beside us.

“Now spill,” Jessica said in a cold tone. I can tell from the look on her face that she’s not easy to mess with.

“The ring brought me here.” I confessed straight to the point, “I’m not from here, I came from another dimension. A world that is parallel to yours. I know it looks absurd and you might think I’m making excuses right now but it’s true. One moment I was at the bridge the next thing happened, I woke up in a different world.”

“Hold up, so who are you exactly?”

“My name is Kim Taeyeon. I’m 17 years old and I worked as an assistant for the youngest heir of the Hwang family.” I turned my gaze from Jessica to Tiffany, she looks surprised. “I’m not rich, I don’t have many friends and I’m not that smart. I’m just pretending to be her in order to keep the mission going and I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, please forgive me Jessica ssi.” I bowed at her.

Yuri intervenes, “It’s also my fault for not telling you. It’s not that we don’t trust you but it's better that only a few people can know about her identity.”

“Taeyeon ssi also instructed us to do so.” Yuri and I nod in sync at Tiffany’s statement.

“What she’s trying to say is it's better if you don’t know any of these to protect you. The three of us are putting our lives at risk and we don’t want your life to be in danger as well that’s why we’re hiding it from you.”

There was another long yet awkward silence after that until Jessica broke it with a deep sigh, “So the legend Taeyeon always talks about is real?” we nod in sync as Jessica sighs again, “You may not be the Kim Taeyeon I know but she and yuri are still my friends. It’s just that I can’t help to feel worried that my best friends are acting weirdly. They never hide secrets from me until you came.” I hung my head low, ashamed of facing her.

“It’s not her fault sica. It’s our choice not to tell you. I hope you understand why we are doing this.” Yuri transferred to sit beside her and engulfed her with a side hug.

“How’s Taeyeon?” Jessica asked still looking puzzled, referring to the other me.

“We met not too long ago. They got switched for a short time and told us she’s doing great.” Yuri answered.

_______________________________________

Back at the Hwang’s mansion on the other dimension, Tiffany asked her closest friend Choi Sooyoung to help her out in terms of “winning” a certain someone’s heart. Being friends with tiffany for so long, Sooyoung can read her friend like an open book. Wanting tiffany to open up the topic first, she kept it to herself and went along with her.

“Sooyoung ah” tiffany timidly called her as they entered her room.

“What?” she said while putting her bag aside and sat on the pink swivel desk chair, crossing her one leg from the other.

“Its weekend, wanna have a sleepover tonight?”

“Sure why not? Wanna tell me how your Jeju trip is?”

“Are you still upset about it? I told you I had no idea about it. I swear!” Tiffany crossed her heart and raised both of her hands.

“What do you want to talk about?” Sooyoung glides towards Tiffany who’s sitting at the edge of the bed. Tiffany fidgets in her spot and hesitated for a while. “Fany ah I’ve never seen you like this, is it serious?”

“I like someone!” she suddenly exclaimed and clenched her fist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter