4 walls

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time difference:

1 hour spent inside the 4 walls is equivalent to 1 day (24 hours) in the real world

30 minutes is equal to 12 hours in the real world

_______________________________________

It’s been 5 days since Taeyeon fell into a coma. Some believe it’s more than a brain coma but a Klein-Levin syndrome but later on they didn’t get to prove the presence of the said syndrome and marked it as a coma. Taeyeon’s MRI result shows that her caudate nuclei and part of the temporal lobe are disproportionately larger than normal which makes it a difficult disorder to diagnose because it can occur with psychiatric symptoms, some people are misdiagnosed with a psychiatric disorder. As for the reason as to why she became unconscious and unresponsive, doctors conducted a series of tests to rule out other possible illnesses.

Yuri and Yoona wanted to stay behind and extend another week but they also have priorities back in Hong Kong, so they left the next day after Taeyeon got admitted to the hospital. Just like before, Jessica always visits Taeyeon's room every after class. Most of the time, she would read a book to Taeyeon, tell stories of how her day went, and even offered dinner to a whoever family member was assigned in taking care of Taeyeon that day.

Since it’s weekend, Jessica decided to visit Taeyeon as always when the former was surprised to see Tiffany unexpectedly visits Taeyeon.

“So this is where you go after class.” Tiffany said with her arms and legs crossed seated beside Taeyeon's bed, “What’s your relationship with Taeyeon?”

Jessica showed a sly smile and placed the basket full of fruits on the table, “Do you really want to know?” From the back, she can sense death glares behind her. Jessica approached Tiffany as she sat on the bed beside Taeyeon, and held her hand.

Tiffany widens her eyes as her nose flared from anger. She stood up and held Jessica's collar with both hands, “Jung Sooyeon, do you have a death wish?“ she gritted her teeth as Jessica smirked.

“You two stop this instance!” a deep voice roared across the room. A man wearing a suit stood in the doorpost bringing a basket of yellow flowers. “Hwang Miyoung let go of her.”

“B-but oppa she-“

“This is not right, both of you are being so disrespectful in front of Taeyeon and her brother. “ Taeyeon’s brother stood beside him, getting ready to take action in case their fight gets worse, “Get out and talk about it.” Tiffany glared at Jessica before letting her go. She walked out and passed through her brother as Jessica followed her afterward.

“You can play with anyone else’s feelings except for Taeyeon’s.” Tiffany weakly spoke, she turned to face Jessica with eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and worry. Jessica furrowed her brows, the last time she saw Tiffany in that state was the day she’s about to lose her mother. “Jebal, don’t do this.” She covered her face and squats on the floor.

. . . . . . . . .

               “Mom please don’t leave us. Please don’t say such words because I know you’ll get better soon.” Tiffany spoke in an unstable tone in between her tears. Jessica saw her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and worry.

               “Stephanie, I hope you’ll forgive. If given a chance to be reborn in the future, I would love to have you as my daughter.” Mrs. Hwang wiped her daughter’s tears and caresses her cheeks. “I love you, my daughter.”

               “Mom! Eomma! Jebal eomma don’t do this to me! Eomma!” Tiffany cried out loud the moment the heartbeat line in the electrocardiogram went flat.

Tiffany’s father called the doctor as she and her brother cried in front of their mother’s deathbed. The doctor came in and explained to them that Mrs. Hwang signed a DNR (Do not resuscitate) order consent. Jessica witnessed how tragic it is for her family that day.

. . . . . . . . .

Jessica squatted beside her and gave her a side-hug like what she did before, “Taeyeon will wake up soon. She’s not that weak.” She pats her back, “to answer your question earlier, Taeyeon is nothing more than a friend. In fact, I was her only friend she can trust so I wouldn’t dare to hurt her.”

Tiffany looked up with her eyes swollen, “You mean it?”

Jessica nods, “Despite putting up a strong act, deep inside you really are a softie. Did Taeyeon put a spell on you or something?” she smiled trying to lighten up the atmosphere. Jessica breaks the hug and steps back.

“Sorry I misunderstood you all this time,” Tiffany wipes her tears and stood up, offering a hand.

Jessica took her hand as they shook, “There’s something you need to know about Taeyeon.”

“What is it?”

______________________________________

After the encounter of Jin Zi hao and Huang lei, everything went back to being surrounded by a white glossy four walls. The place is empty except for her existence. Taeyeon calculated the time she’s been there. It’s been 5 hours since she last encountered them and ever since nothing changed. 7 hours in total starting from her arrival. What bothers her is that all of it feels surreal. She can feel pain, they can see her, talk to her, and even felt hunger and thirst.

“Will I be able to leave this place if I go back to sleep?” Taeyeon yawned and was about to lay down on the floor when it transformed into an aerial view of a village. Taeyeon felt as if she just fell from the sky headfirst as her heart widely beats non-stop. Taeyeon screamed at the top of her lungs, closing her eyes as she gets ready for the impact.

“Taeyeon ah” a familiar voice called her. She opened her eyes finding herself laying in bed in an unfamiliar, shabby room. On the floor, bottles of soju’s and newspapers were scattered, and at the corner, she saw an old man in gray hair wearing a layered dirty coat, “My Taeyeon ah,” He spoke.

Taeyeon sprinted out of the bed and attempts to touch the old man, but her hand just passed through him, “How dare you took the form of my grandfather!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter