At the end

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Previously on perfect mess…

Night after night voices in her head keeps on crying out to her and every day, it slowly torments Taeyeon's physical and mental well-being. After being trapped in a different world, Taeyeon got used to the friends she has and the attention she’s getting every day. It’s as if her long-time wish is granted. As greed slowly builds up within her, her interest in going back to her own world slowly fades away.

“I don’t want this to end. Not when I found everything I have ever wanted. I’m sorry.”

“Hang in there taeng. I’ll make sure to bring you back no matter what. Kim Taeyeon, I’m sorry but you’re going home whether you like it or not.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Catching a criminal is not as easy as you think yul! Can’t you see we’re just a bunch of teenagers?!”

“At least this teenager is going to make a difference.” Yuri continues, “If any of you tries to ruin this plan, I’ll make sure you won’t get away of it.” Yuri makes eye contact with everyone, “I won’t care even if you’re a friend or a foe, I’ll stop you.”

“Hwang Miyoung, do you trust me?” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and looks at me with confusion, “Do you believe in me?” I asked again.

Tiffany contemplates but later nods and spoke with determination, “Yes I trust you tae.”

"You've always been with me. Thank you fany ah."

. . . . . . . . .

 

Jessica wore an elegant long strapless black dress with a slit on the side paired with black 3-inch sandals. Yuri on the other hand wore a dark navy blue long sleeve lace dress and black sandals. Meanwhile, Tiffany wore the dress that Taeyeon and her selected a few days ago. An off-shoulder peach long gown paired with gold, sparkling sandals.

After putting on some makeup and accessories, Tiffany decided to check on Taeyeon as some of the Kim members are already in the living room. When she opened the door, the sight of the Totoro first caught her eyes. She smiled and walked towards it. “So you’re the reason why she took so long back at the arcade.” Tiffany giggled and hugged the stuffed toy.

Behind the Totoro, is a note attached to it. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows when she notices Taeyeon’s phone on the table.

Tiffany checks to see if Taeyeon is in the walk-in closet, “Taeyeon ah are you done?” she asked only to be greeted with silence. Tiffany checks the bathroom but to no avail, Taeyeon isn’t there. Her last option led her to the secret room. She reached for the switch and imprints her thumb to open the door. Taeyeon gave access to Tiffany and Yuri before in case.

Carrying the note with her, she passed through the hallway then went upstairs to check if the latter is there, “Please be there, please be there.” she chants. The door was left open so she hurriedly entered only to find out Taeyeon isn’t there. She hurriedly walks towards the front center and saw the glass box is empty.

“Taeyeon and the ring went missing.” She mumbled then realize she’s carrying the note all along. Opening it, she starts to read the words that are written.

To: Tiffany Hwang Miyoung

Our fany fany tipani who's brighter than gems, I already said this so I’m saying it once again so you won’t forget, All I want is your happiness. Don’t cry too much and don’t beat yourself for too long. You've done so much for me. I've thought of so many ways on how I can repay you but there's only one way I know how so I’m doing it now. When all of these have finally come to an end, don’t try to see me off. Please be okay because if you don’t, I might just end up being greedy and the curse will continue to live on.

At the same time on Yuri’s side, she also received a note from Taeyeon. Opening the letter, she reads it out loud.

To: Kwon Yuri

Yuri ah our black pearl who's fun, dorky, and full of surprises. Yul, you never fail to surprise me. Thanks for looking out for me and making things more memorable. I've never been so free in my life. I'm glad I get to experience my first visit to the amusement park, first outing outside of Seoul, first visit to the hotels, first makeover, first sleepovers, and parties with the rest of the gang. Gomawo chingu ah! Everyone is lucky to have you as their friend. You've done so well, Kwon Yuri. I think it's time for me to set things right. Just like what we've planned, I’ll bring her back whatever it takes.

Yuri’s hand began to shake as her eyes trembles, “Pabo Kim Taeyeon.” Yuri sniffs messing up her makeup. “You’re doing it again.” For a while, she took a seat and cried. Yuri's phone rang and answered it.

(“KIM TAEYEON IS DOING A SUICIDAL MISSION BY HERSELF!”) Jessica screams on the other line.

“What do you know?” Yuri asked in a stable tone with her eyes still wet.

(“Let’s talk in person. Bring Tiffany with you, and let’s head towards the secret lab.”) Yuri nods in agreement.

“Make sure to bring the contacts with you in case if something happens.” They ended the call and hurriedly went out of the place.

Yuri made another phone call as she hopped on the elevator and pressed the Ground floor button, “Fany ah? Where are you?” she heard sniffs and a few coughs on the other line.

(“Yuri ah… T-tae taeyeon...”) Tiffany stuttered holding back her tears.

“Please be strong. Where are you? Are you still at home? I’ll pick you up.” Yuri wipes her tears and pulled herself together.

(“What's your p-plan?”)

“New plan, find Taeyeon.” The elevator door opened with her other hand balled into a fist as she looked up, there were no tears in her eyes, only a deep sadness, and weariness.

____________________________________

Another academic year has c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter