Starry Night

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On a warm winter day, as the season slowly prepares for its transition to spring, Yuri asked the three girls to meet her in the abandoned warehouse where the secret lab is located. It took them a month to finalize everything and now the upgraded version of the Memory Editing Core System is finally set. While waiting for them at the lab, Yuri and Ryeowook made their final conclusions from the kidnapping incident and the lobby scene.

“It’s fascinating that Taeyeon was able to see his face where the device failed to.” He said while sipping some coffee.

“It wasn’t upgraded before,” Yuri states as he nods in agreement.

“All we got is his figure and his voice in this first footage. If only Taeyeon was close enough to get his voice at that time of second footage. Have you found out anything about this guy?”

Yuri shakes her head, “Still working on it, I asked Jessica to do it for me. This month is physically and mentally draining and we’re always loaded with assignments and projects.”

“You won’t back out on our contract right?” He pauses the video and turns his head towards her.

“I never back out on a contract. I promise I’ll get you an investor after this. Oppa, have you forgotten who I am?” Yuri pats her chest, “I’m Kwon Yuri, daughter of the Chief Judge Kwon.  Just help us catch this criminal.”

The door opened revealing Jessica along with Tiffany and Taeyeon by her side, “How’s everything going?” Jessica asked before settling herself on the couch along with tiffany. Whereas, Taeyeon admires the place as she looks around with her hands on her back, afraid she might break something.

“Is it her other self?” He whispered loud enough for Yuri to hear.

“Yes, and for the record, she’s not an ‘it’.  She’s a living person.” Yuri whispered back.

He jumps off from his seat and leaps towards Taeyeon happily, “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Ryeowook imnida. It’s nice to finally meet someone from a parallel world. I have always believed that parallel universes exist.” He offers a handshake and Taeyeon awkwardly takes it as they shake their hands.

“There’s one more parallel universe other than hers?” Tiffany's attention was caught when they mentioned parallel universes.

“Yes, I believe so. Look at this,” He grabbed a big heavy book filled with his writings and pictures; everybody huddled up to the wooden rectangular table as he flips the pages. “According to research, in 1923, a comet passed very close to the earth that in a certain town in Finland, it can be seen very clearly which caused disorientation in people. Some were lost and never returned home while others temporarily lost their memory.”

“Heol daebak” Yuri covered .

“There’s even a story behind it, a woman went to police claiming to arrest an imposter in her house. She told the police, a man appeared who looks exactly like her husband and even has the same voice as him. The woman told them the man who was in her house is not her husband because her husband died many years ago. In the end, since the police can’t arrest him, she died saying that he was not her husband while the man simply claimed that she was his wife.” (Source: World New Story)

“You’re not making this up, right?” Jessica doubtfully asked while rubbing both of her arms.

“Ever since we’re born, we have only known one reality and that’s where we live right now but for some reason, scientists believe that there could be several worlds out there.” He said as he closed the book.

“This just proves that there may be even more versions of ourselves in other universes.” Taeyeon spoke, “It also implies that what does not happen in this world has happened or currently happening on the other world.” Afterward, everyone was trapped in their own thoughts.

Yuri takes the remote and controls the big monitor in front of them, “Let’s finalize the plan, Taeyeon was brought by the ring the moment they both fell and the blood moon was up. According to the painting, it consists of the two same people under the blood moon and the blue moon.”

“Six days from now a blue moon will occur so we only have six days to prepare ourselves,” Ryeowook informed.

“Six days.” Taeyeon and Tiffany thought at the same time, “I only have six days left.” Taeyeon thought as she frowned at the thought of leaving.

“If this man is behind of everything from Grandpa Kim's car accident to Taeyeon’s kidnapping case then that means he is after two things: the ring and Yong Global Corporation.” Jessica takes out a plastic envelope and placed it at the center, “You guys won’t believe who it is.”

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and opened the envelope revealing the Jang family photo, “What are the odds.” Taeyeon takes the photo from her as she and Tiffany take a look at it. “Now it finally makes sense. Their family has always been playing dirty ever since then. I don’t get why they manage to hire him after everything his father did.”

“I bet they’re also planning ways to kick him out of the company.” Jessica takes the photo back and pins it on the wall.

“Why don’t we just let the adults deal with him?” Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter