The Real Deal

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Morning came and Taeyeon woke up with a headache. Adjusting her vision, she realized she’s in an unfamiliar room. With the pain still throbbing, she weakly gets up and searched for the bathroom, feeling the urged to throw up.

"I just had 2 bottles but it feels like I just drank 10 bottles straight.” She said to herself after throwing up at the bowl and flushed it. Weakly dragging herself towards the bathroom sink, she turned the faucet on, washed her hands, and splashed some water on her face. Taeyeon stares at her reflection and said, “Pull yourself together Kim Taeyeon!”

A knock on the door was heard when Taeyeon opened it revealing Krystal standing behind the bathroom door, “Taeyeon unnie?” she asked as she peeked.

“Soojung ah, Where am I?” Taeyeon said, completely opening the door.

“You’re at our place unnie. By the way, there’s a bath towel, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash over there. Along with that, here’s a toothbrush and toothpaste for you to use.” The young latter said, giving it to her. “I already picked out an outfit you’d wear today, it’s on the bed. After you’re done, come join us for breakfast upstairs.” She smiled and excused herself before going out.

“How did I end up here?” Confused, Taeyeon tilts her head to the side before closing the bathroom door.

______________________________________

Today’s temperature dropped into - 3°C and right now, I’m guessing this is Jessica’s shirt, knitted sweater, and jeans. I went upstairs as Soojung instructed me to while stretching my arms. The city air is fresh this day, almost sweet and floral as the pace of living relaxes to a steadier rhythm. Every time I huffed, I can see the cold air I just breathed out from my nostrils.

“Morning!” Yuri greeted first, pulling out the chair beside her while seated, “How are you feeling?”

“I’m good, why did you bring me here?” I said, sitting beside her with Yoona and Soojung sitting beside each other in front of us.

“You didn’t tell me where you live and besides, we’re going somewhere today.” She said setting her phone aside and takes a sip of her drink.

“Where?” One of the maids handed me a glass of warm water and a mug with hot water on it.

“According to your story, a golden dragon ring brought you into this world under the blood moon, am I right?” I hummed and she continued, “If that ring can take you here then it means it can take you back, but the problem is, it has to do something with the moon.” I nodded.

“Can you pass me that tea box?” I asked Yoona.

“Which one?” I pointed to the yellow one, “Solomon’s seal tea?” I nodded. She handed me one tea bag from the box while yuri is talking.

“Oh yeah yeah continue,” I mouthed her thanks before placing the tea bag into the hot water.

“Think about it, is there another way to make it work?”

“First of all, I don’t have it right now. Second, I conclude it really has something to do with the moon. Either I have to wait for the next blood moon or wait for the blue moon.”

“Wait, the blue moon?” Yuri halted what she’s doing as well as Soojung and Yoona as they paid attention to me.

“Before my grandfather died, he left me the golden ring along with a painting. The painting consists of two same people looking at each other, as if there’s a mirror between them, in both worlds. The first person on the left has the half-blood moon while the second one has the other half of the moon but it's blue.”

“I sense there is something more than what grandpa Kim told us before. From what I remember, it ended up with the disappearance of the servant and it fell on the hands of another peasant which happens to be your great ancestor.” Yuri crossed her arms and legs as she leans on the chair, “If we can manage to get that other side of the story, we might figure out and understand how it really works. This morning, Mr. Yang will take you to Seoul Bongeunsa Temple. Yoona will accompany you as well. I found out that most monks know this legend and believe it's real and not just a myth.”

“Are you meeting your brother today?”

“Yes, this is what we’re here for in the first place. Taeyeon you’re having Haejangguk for breakfast.” Yuri said right after breakfast is being served. “Soojung any plans for today?”

“My friends are coming over later so I really can’t leave this place.” She pouts.

“What about Jessica?” I said taking a spoonful of rice and some soup.

“I’m coming with you.” Jessica pops out of the door and made her way towards her seat which is at the center of the table between Yuri and Soojung, “You’ll catch up with us right?” she asked turning her head towards Yuri.

“Yes, let’s meet before lunch.” We nod into an agreement.

“I call dibs on the white car,” Jessica nonchalantly said while a mouthful piece of her sandwich.

“You don’t have to say it out loud; I know you love that one.” Yuri chuckles.

We talked and ate our breakfast peacefully. I’m looking forward to where this story would take us. Now that I think about it, grandpa ended the story where our great ancestor m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter