Jessica's secret

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SATURDAY NOON

There were plasma screens of arrival and departure times on the wall of the airport. In the arrivals lounge, there was a curious mixture of bored and excited people. Passengers were lined up near the baggage carousel to reclaim their checked luggage. One by one, all their suitcases and baggage’s lined up. In the background, soft classical music played. From the side, while waiting for their luggage, the girl wearing a white cotton t-shirt with a little black colored collar and sleeves, paired with a checked structured blazer, black skirt, and boots was playing games on her phone while the latter with a pink trench coat wearing a pastel silk-blend sweater beneath it and white pants paired with white rubber shoes played some tunes while watching those two men who accompanied them waits for their bags to pass by.

 “Why did you bring two luggage when we’re only staying here for 3 days?” The girl in the pink trench coat said.

“Unnie the second one is mixed with our extra clothes and your paperwork is there.” The former replied and while one of the men pushed the trolley to the exit door. “Who’s picking us up?”

“We’ll take the cab, I don’t want to inconvenience them.”

“What? Oh, come on! Then it will be inconvenient on our part. Look at these bags.”

“It’s not like you’re going to carry them unless you want to?” The latter replied as one of the men hailed a taxi nearby.

“Meanie,” She mumbled “How about lunch? When will we eat? WHERE will we eat?”

“Relax we’ll eat when we get there.” The latter grunts as she massaged her temples and opens the back door, getting in right after their bags are placed in the trunk.

________________________________________

After all, doing all the tasks in one night, Taeyeon manages to get some sleep the moment the sun rose from the depths of the mountain and valleys not too far from their place. As the maids we’re walking back and forth, making lunch, setting up the table, and making the house look spotless, Taeyeon on the other hand just woke up with messy hair, half awake and asleep as she gets up from the bed and did some stretching. Fixing up her hair and tying it into a bun, she went out of the room and made her way towards the kitchen where the maids just finished cooking. Her mother noticed her, as she orders Taeyeon to help her serve the dishes to the Hwang family.

“Here, bring this to the dining table. It’s hot, so watch your steps and don’t spill it.” Taeyeon looks at her mother with a deadpanned look as she takes the bowl of soup on an underplate and carries it towards the dining area.

“Just woke up?” Tiffany’s voice filled the room the moment Taeyeon walked in. Every member of the family was present and even Sooyoung was there, seated beside Tiffany.

Taeyeon carefully placed the bowl of soup on the table and bowed apologetically to the chairman, “My apologies. My actions are not justifiable therefore I should have woken up earlier. Forgive me, chairman Hwang.”

“Up studying all night?” Taeyeon looks up as their eyes met, the chairman sweetly smiled and pats her, “Keep up the good work Taeyeon ah. Make us proud.” she bites her lower lip as she bowed to him one last time and to the family as she leaves the premises.

“Taeyeon ah, you’ve worked so hard last night. Come let’s eat.” Taeyeon’s brother showed up behind and swings his arm and wraps it around her shoulder.

“Yah the way you drag me hurts!” she yanked his arm away as they joined their parents. After eating their lunch, Taeyeon found her mother doing laundry under the scorching heat of the sun beside the pool.

Taeyeon’s mother happened to see her and called to ask for her help, “Can you finish this laundry for me, I have something else to do. Right after you do the laundry, kindly hang these blankets over there.”

“Umma!” Taeyeon whined when her mother quickly left, “Aish jinja!” she frustratingly messed up her hair as she stomps her foot angrily.

She squatted near the plastic wash basin and pokes the wet blanket when a voice suddenly spoke from behind, “Why don’t you take that to the Laundromat instead of doing it?” Taeyeon glared at the source of the person but the latter wasn’t affected, “Need a hand?”

“YES!” she instantly nods vigorously. Taeyeon stood up and walks away when she called her again, “What?” she said turning back.

“Uh hello? Where do you think you’re going?”

“You said you’d help me”

“Yes, I said I'd help you do it. TO-GE-THER.”

“What?!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“What?” Tiffany crossed her arms. Taeyeon scratched her non-itchy head as she tries to run away from her responsibility. Tiffany suddenly hinted at it and starts running after her and luckily she caught her by the hem of Taeyeon’s shirt, “You’re not going anywhere!”

“I don’t want to do the laundry!”

“I’ll tell ahjumma you’re slacking off” she sticks her tongue out, teasing the furious Taeyeon.

In the end, Taeyeon comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter