Stuck with you

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sat on the beach not too far from the shoreline, with eyes moving from sand to stone, from rock pools to breaking waves. The sand is softly golden with just the right comforting warmth. Waves ahead roar and roll down, crashing onto the shore with a soft hiss. To rest on the beach while sitting on the grass feels like a cozy hug, one only matched by the sunshine-filled sky. It sat within that sky, that summer-fruit hued throne, as if it looked over the earth, stretching out with sepia tones to everyone below. Silhouettes of birds flew home across a sky that was now magenta; and the sun was half into the water, but its reflection in the sea made it look complete. It was a day for dreaming, for allowing time to move fast and slow.

It feels like I’m slowly drifting to dreamland a loud voice called, “KIM TAEYEON COME HERE!”

“Ugh, I should’ve just let mom go with her.” I ignored her as I released a deep sigh. “Harabeoji, it’s been a while since we last went to the beach as a family. I miss you.” I pulled my knees together as I hugged it.

“Yah! Didn’t you hear me earlier? I’m hungry!” She came complaining nonstop.

“Shut up I’m thinking” I annoyingly said as I pressed my tongue against my cheeks.

“You know what, ever since you’ve been confined at the hospital you have gained guts to talk back against me. Did you forget your place?” I paused and chuckled as I suddenly remember that I used to say those words to her as well.

“Is this what they call bad karma?” I mumbled. I stood up as I turned to her, “I don’t know how to cook” I said with a deadpanned face.

“Are you joking? Did you lose your memories when you jumped off that bridge?” I felt triggered even though she’s not the one who jumped but the girl in front of her just dissed her other self which makes her mad.

My left foot stepped forward as I right hand raised, ready to slap her on the face but my heart prevented me from doing so, I retreats my hand and passed by her before purposely bumping my shoulder against hers.

________________________________________

SUNDAY, 7:02 PM

Honestly, Taeyeon doesn’t know how to cook since she let the maids and her maid to all the cooking for her but alas, while she was at the beach, she remembered some cuisines she watched. Taeyeon opened the fridge as she noticed that most of it are seafood.

Taeyeon decided to make seafood pasta. She starts to make an easy homemade tomato sauce made with garlic onions, tomato puree, and seasonings. While adding all the mixtures together and as the sauce is simmering in the energy cooker, she sets aside the sauce and replaced another pan after peeling the shrimps and separating the scallops from the shell. After 3 minutes, she placed the mussels and clams which later on are streamed in a bit. She placed another pan beside it as she starts to boil some water before adding the pasta a few minutes later. Tossing the spaghetti, seafood and tomato sauce together, she serves it in two plates before placing it in the table.

She glared at her as she sat in front of her, “Why do I have to be stuck here with you. I could’ve just dined out without you.” She thought as she scoffs, “Eat up miyoung ssi” she sarcastically said with a forced smile. The two stared at each other as they send invisible daggers through their eyes.

Taeyeon starts to dig in as chew her food with satisfaction, “Not bad for my first try.” She thought while nodding.

On the other hand, tiffany contemplates whether to eat the food or not, “What if she placed poison in my food?” she thought, watching Taeyeon happily eat hers. She took her food as she pokes her food “It looks so good.” She gulps as she shakes her head.

"It would be good if I put kimchi as our side dish, too bad it's not available." Taeyeon looks at the food then to the latter in front of her, “Are you going to eat it or not?” Tiffany snapped out from her thought as she noticed that Taeyeon is almost finished compared to hers which is still untouched. “Don’t be such a kid and just eat your food and I know what you’re thinking. I would love to put one but too bad there isn’t one available so eat.”

“You’re crazy!” Tiffany exclaimed. Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, just because she didn’t put kimchi as their side dish doesn’t mean she’s crazy, is she?

_______________________________________

Taeyeon and Tiffany barely made it on their first day of the week. After dinner, the two decided to stay in their rooms. Taeyeon went out of the place once again as she walked on the shoreline under the full moon. On the left side along the shoreline, she noticed a beam of light moving in a circular motion. Stepping further towards it, that’s when she noticed there’s a lighthouse just nearby to where they are.

“Oh it would be nice if yul was here” she sighed remembering her dear friend back in her world. Now that she thought about her, she hasn’t seen nor heard anything from yuri in this world. Possibilities flood her mind as she wonders if the latter could have known her or not? Were they friends or foes? The worst-case scenario could be if she never existed or she just ceased to exist recently and that’s just scary.

“Yul wherever you are, I hope you’re okay buddy.” She sighed while walking along the shoreline, the cool water laps on her feet, frizzing and bubbling.

Not too long she went back inside only to see Tiffany on the kitchen counter sitting with her arms and legs crossed, “Hwang miyoung” she called her out.

“Stop calling me that!” she answered annoyingly by the fact that Taeyeon keeps on calling her Korean name.

“Aren’t you Hwang Miyoung? W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter