Legend of the Dragon

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In Ancient times during Han dynasty, there was a mighty and noble Emperor who ruled the land. One night, as the rain poured heavily, a strong thunder roared enough to make the emperor rouse up from his bed. With a heavy breath, he looks around and there he saw an enormous monster beside him. A snake like beast with huge bat like wings that’s on fire, its claws able to lacerate even the sturdiest to mere ribbons of flesh and bone, eyes that turn skin into a sickly pallor and behind these eyes of dragonish glare, in a language carved before the age of ice, is the mind of the beast of the darkened cave. With his tongue he could smell your dread and taste your fear.

 

The monster spoke in a deep echoing voice, “Go unto the wilderness and seek the golden dragon ring for it is in jeopardy.”

 

The emperor was baffled at an unexplained occurrence, “What are you? What is your purpose?” He spoke hiding his fear within him.

 

There was a deep and long silence as the monster stares into his eyes, “If your conduct is determined solely by considerations of profit you will arouse great resentment. Wealth and rank are what men desire, but unless they are obtained in the right way they may not be possessed. Poverty and obscurity are what men detest; but unless prosperity is brought about in the right way, they are not to be abandoned.”

 

He was confused as to what this beast is telling, “What should I do then? How will I find this ring?”

 

(“How? How? How grandpa?)

 

“Your quest begins at the Huangshan Mountain down to the river of Xi An, in a cave there dwells the treasure within. Beware for there is great danger ahead, be brave and go forth! Retrieve the Golden Ring before it falls to the wrong hands.” There was a finally roar before the beast slowly vanished into thin air.

 

(“Oohhhh Daebak!” the little kid marvelled as she claps her hands.)

 

. . . . . . . . . .

 

A young man wearing ragged down-at-heel clothes with a messy hair and hands that are covered in dirt appeared and interrupted the story, “Harabeoji, are you telling her about that dragon tale again?” He said as he took a seat not too close from them looking tired.

The old man hushed as he sternly looks at his grandson, “It is not just a mere tale for the story is true!” He watched as the young man took a plastic cup and pours water into it.

 

“Really?! Waahhhhh Daebakk!!” the little girl exclaims and jumps around after hearing it.

 

“Harabeoji, do you expect me to believe that kind of a story? These fantasies of yours make you blind enough to see the reality.” He slams the cup into the table and walks out of the house.

 

“Oppa! Oppa!” the petite little girl called. The old man sighed loud enough for her to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter