Hidden Secret

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On a warm and cloudy day, Tiffany decided not to go to school for today and stayed behind to accompany the curious and innocent Taeyeon who still knew nothing about the world she lives in at the moment. From time to time, tiffany would bring her some snacks and make a conversation with her. She learned that the latter isn’t so bad at all and she can’t help to compare the two. It’s like they’re the same person but with different personalities. She also learned that the person in front of her is vulnerable and fragile.

“I’m sorry for your loss,” Tiffany said as she pats her back. “You know if your grandfather and your friend are still alive, they don’t want you to be sad and miserable like this. It can be difficult to see the good in this situation, but we’ll make sense of it when we can.”

Taeyeon tilts her head, “How?”

“Think right.” Tiffany smiled. “Thinking affects your emotions which lead to actions. If you think right, you can experience real joy in times like this, and if you continue to be happy it will yield to good actions.”

“If I may ask, how did you cope up with the loss of your mother?” Taeyeon carefully asked as Tiffany paused for a moment.

“In the first three days was hard for me but I never allowed myself to fall deeper in sadness. Instead of being remorseful, I chose to look at the bright side and start being thankful for the things I have. One of the things I’m thankful for is I still have my father and my brother.” Tiffany held Taeyeon's hand and said, “Stop blaming yourself and start being thankful for what you have.”

Taeyeon wipes her tears with her other hand and nods, “This means a lot. Thanks, tiffany.” Tiffany pulled her to a hug and they stayed that way for a couple of seconds.

The door opens as Yuri entered the room, “Hello lovebirds what did I miss?”

Tiffany whined, “It’s not that!”

“But soon to be” Yuri smirked, “Anyways I just recently read your message tiff. It took me an hour to steal my phone back.”

“Let me guess, you were using your phone and got caught by the teacher then confiscated it.” Tiffany guessed.

“Close but that’s not what happened. My phone fell from the ground and it happens to be the principal who saw it. He confiscated it and viola!” Yuri laughed.

Taeyeon facepalmed, “So how was school?”

“Same old, anyways here” Yuri handed her a box, “I got you a new phone.” Taeyeon accepted it and thank her, “You better pay me back for it.”

“What?! Take it back!” Yuri laughed so hard a tear fell off. “I think I’m starting to like you.”

“Sorry, you’re not my type,” Taeyeon responds. Now it’s tiffany’s time to laugh.

“I always knew you’re type is the ones that have a charming smile that every time they smile or laugh, their eyes would form a crescent shape like” Yuri faked cough “Tiffany” and faked cough again.

“Knock it off you two,” Tiffany said.

“So yuri ah, aren’t you going to tell me about my other self?” Taeyeon changed the topic.

“I’m going to tell you everything I know but both of you have to promise not to tell it to anyone. You have to guard the secrets with your life.” Yuri seriously said as she sat at the other side of the bed.

Both of them nod as yuri proceeds, “Before Grandpa Kim died, Taeyeon was a happy go lucky type of person. At most times she’s a dork and lovable. Her stress relievers are her hobbies like swimming and archery. At times she loves to paint as you can see from those painting hanged on the wall, those are Taeyeon masterpieces.” Taeyeon awed as she looks at every painting. “One day, an inevitable accident happened right before the family visited the amusement park.” Yuri took the frame on the nightstand with a picture of an old man carrying a kid holding a balloon as they both look so happy in the photo. “Her grandfather got into a car accident and was bedridden for many years. With grandpa Kim unable to move, her father took over the company and that’s when Taeyeon stopped having a normal childhood.”

“Taeyeon every advance classes, She’s smart but her character changed after that accident,” Tiffany added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter