Harsh Reality

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When expectations don’t meet in reality, it will lead to disappointment. Basically, my whole life is full of disappointment. Often times, I find it hard to believe which is real or not. Every night I would close my eyes telling myself this is all just a dream. A nightmare I want to escape. The moment I stepped into this place, I just knew I’d be living in a harsh reality. Gone are the times where we live in a simple yet contented life. At least that’s what I believe in. As long as my family is complete and we have all the time for ourselves then I am happy and satisfied with it.

 

7 years ago, Father brought me and my brother to a huge mansion. I was still upset at that time for leaving harabeoji and yuri. When we got inside, my mother was there to greet me. It’s been a long time since we last saw her. She embraced us one by one then led us to the back part of the house. We passed through the fancy living room, then the dining room and lastly to the kitchen. With my father carrying two black duffel bags and my brother with a backpack, they went in first into the room in the secluded part of the house.

 

Putting aside the bags, my father huffed and clasps his hands, “Listen kids, we have brought you here because we don’t want you to be away from us. From now on, both of you will stay here.”

 

“Jinja abeoji?” my brother said with excitement clearly shown in his face.

 

“But there’s more.” Father added, “We have to set some rules over here.” He looks at mother and nods, “Kids, staying here doesn’t mean we could freely do the things we would like.” Mother said in a soft voice, “Why?” we both said in unison.

 

“Just because we’re staying here doesn’t mean it’s our house. The chairman’s wife was kind enough to let you both stay here so please behave and by all means, you have to show respect to the Hwang family, understand?”

 

A few minutes later, we took a bath and change to some neat and proper clothes. After brushing my hair, mother called me, “Taeyeon ah the chairman’s wife is at the living room, and you should properly introduce yourself to her.”

 

“One second!” I smiled at the mirror before running towards my mom. She held my hand and we both went out.

 

A classy and wealthy looking woman in her 30’s was standing at the huge window door facing the spacious garden filled with pretty flowers and a few trees which gives off shelter under the sun. As my parents walk up to her, the woman turned around with a faint smile, “Samonim” they both bowed.

 

“Omo, is this your children? My, both of them look exactly like the both of you.” She complimented as she walks towards us.

 

Oppa pushed my head and we both showed some respect, “Annyeonghaseyo” we both bowed. The lady chuckled, “What are your name kids?” she asked us with a sweet and soft voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter