The Painting

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Months past, Taeyeon continued to lock herself in the study room of her late grandfather. She felt empty and lonely. She mostly spends her time writing new entries for her Journal and daydreams a lot. Basically, all she ever did for the whole summer is writing journals, paint mostly abstract and realistic ones, and daydreaming. The whole family thinks she’s having a hard time accepting the fact her beloved grandfather is dead but that’s not the only thing that’s bothering her. It’s the ones her grandfather left, the ring and especially the painting.

 

On the other perspective, Miyoung, the young maid or rather taeyeon’s personal maid, notice the sudden change of moods of the young master. She would bring her food 3 times a day only to find out the foods she usually bring is either untouched or half eaten. Despite of how the young master showed arrogance and throws tantrums at her, deep inside, she’s worried. One day, she thought of a brilliant plan to make taeyeon leave the study room.

 

She knocked on the door three times before entering, “Agassi?” she called. Looking around there is no sign of the taeyeon. She notices an opened door at the back of the room. She’s never been there and would not dare to enter but her curiosity gets the best of her. She looked around once again when her foot stumbles up at something; nearly falling from the ground, a hand suddenly grabs her left arm turning her around and another hand supporting her waist by pulling her up close startles her. “Kamchagiya!” her heart skips a beat like never before when her face is an inch away from the latter.

 

It’s as if the whole world slows down except for them as she stares into her eyes, “Emptiness.” She thought.

 

The young master moves her to the side and drops her at the sofa beside them, “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, she looks around and suddenly became shy and embarrassed, “Uhh.. I uh.. I-im just…” she stuttered, forgetting the right words to say. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow while crossing her arms, “Just… uh.. I’m j-just checking you out.” Taeyeon’s eyes widens, “WHAT?!”

 

She realized her mistake and quickly defended, “I MEANT CHECKING OUT HOW YOU ARE DOING.” Her face turns red as she covers it with both hands. “This is so embarrassing.” She thought. “Pabo, pabo, pabo yah” she mentally curse herself. On the other hand, taeyeon finds it cute and for the first time in a while, she smiles.

 

__________________________________________

 

The young maid excused herself earlier not wanting to embarrass herself further. Taeyeon glanced one last time at the painting before closing that door. She went to the desk and open up the main drawer, revealing the letter and the fuchsia velvet ring box. Opening the main door, miyoung was fidgeting being shy in front of taeyeon again.

 

“What?” Taeyeon coldly said hiding the letter and box behind her.

 

“The chairman wants to have a word with you at the living room.” She respectively bowed without looking at her.

 

“I don’t want to. Go make some excuses.” Taeyeon passed by and walks towards her room until she felt a tug on her shirt at the back. She turned and saw her pleading eyes, “If I can’t make you go over there, they’ll fire my family. Please taeyeon shi.” She bit her lip hoping to convince the young master.

 

Taeyeon pinched her nose and sighs. She turns her and said, “Follow me.” Miyoung complied and followed her to the bedroom. Entering the room, taeyeon made the girl sit on the sofa. “Listen, no one is getting fired in this house. Not even your father, your brother and especially you.” She points at her.

 

Miyoung felt touched at taeyeon’s words and bowed, “Thank you taeyeon-s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter