Greed begins

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Weeks past, Taeyeon’s mental health keeps getting worse. Every night, she gets nightmares from the same dream over and over again. No matter how many times she denies it, Taeyeon doesn’t want to accept the fact that once the ring is destroyed, everything would go back to its normal state. Denial turns to anger and anger causes pain physically, and emotionally.

On the first day of class after the holiday break, Tiffany noticed Taeyeon’s wellbeing. She wasn’t productive that day, she eats less and she gets distracted all the time. At the end of the day, she decided to confront Taeyeon after class at the school field under the biggest tree.

“Kim Taeyeon,” she called when Taeyeon weakly dragged herself outside to meet her.

“What” she weakly answered in a statement rather than a question.

Tiffany took a deep breath and crossed her arms, “Are you hiding something from us?”

Taeyeon met her eyes and regained her posture, “What’s on your mind?”

“I’m supposed to ask you that. Kim Taeyeon, what’s really on your mind lately?” Tiffany steps forward and walks to where Taeyeon is.

“You,” Tiffany stopped in front of her as Taeyeon took one step forward, closing their gap. “Why do you keep confusing me? Who do you really like, me or my other self?”

“TAEYEON AND TIFFANY KISSING ON THE TREE, K.I.S.S.I.N.G” Sooyoung and Yoona chants at the top when Yuri smacked them for ruining the moment.

“Yah look what you guys did!” yuri complained.

“Come on you two! Date for real! Date for real! Date for real!” Sooyoung screamed as she started the second chant followed by yoona with yuri just watching them.

Tiffany felt flustered and embarrassed as she ran away from the place with both hands covering her face. Taeyeon just watched her run as she disappeared from her sight. The three suddenly felt bad and went after Tiffany while Yuri stayed and went downstairs to check on Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon ah, we’re sorry for what we did. Are you okay?” Yuri asked and placed her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulders but Taeyeon just yanked it with her hands trembling. She glared at Yuri and ran on the opposite side.

Yuri’s guilty face turns to a sly and her lips formed into a smirk, “Kim Taeyeon, I’ll make sure to bring you back no matter what.”

. . . . . . . . .

On that same night on New Year’s Eve, Tiffany told Yuri everything Taeyeon told her. When Yuri felt something was odd and how Tiffany also felt the same strange thing she began to find Taeyeon suspicious. The adults and the kids are in both separate rooms. Along with Yuri, there was Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun. Inside the room, only Yuri, Tiffany, and Jessica knew about the real Taeyeon while the others didn't.

Yuri called Jessica to join their conversation concerning Taeyeon’s change of behavior, “Listen, I don’t think Taeyeon’s planning on leaving.” Yuri said while keeping an eye on Taeyeon who’s having fun talking with Sooyoung and Sunny.

“How did you come up with that conclusion?” Jessica replied.

“I notice these past few days whenever someone mentions ‘Going Home’, Taeyeon becomes sensitive about the topic so the first thing that comes up to my mind is maybe she’s just being vigilant and conscious about her surroundings, afraid she might get caught.”

“I was thinking about the same thing as well. Aside from that, she feels apathy every time we share our plans in helping her get back home.” Tiffany added, “She seems like another different person compared to when she first came here.”

“Yuri ah, Fany ah, I need to tell you guys something.” She takes a deep breath and exhales, “I dreamt of something weird.”

“What kind of weird dream was it?”

“We were hanging out with Taeyeon somewhere on a rooftop and she told me these,

Taeyeon: There is no point in liking her. I don’t want to fall nor pursue her because I know this story won’t end well.

Jessica: What do you want to do then?

Taeyeon: I need her to be taken by someone else. There is no future and a beautiful ending for us. I’d rather not begin it.”

Jessica shifts her gaze to Tiffany, “I think she was talking about you.”

Yuri knew how Tiffany felt about Taeyeon but on this part, she has to agree with Taeyeon, “Fany ah she’s right. If you want to help Taeyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter