Variables & Theories

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously on Perfect Mess…

The two opposite versions of Taeyeon got a switch on the night of the full blood moon. The innocent and timid Taeyeon found out she’s in a whole different world and met the other versions of Tiffany and her long time friend Yuri. Along the way she gained a lot of information’s about her other self’s hidden secret, the people around her, and the world she lives in.

On the other hand, the arrogant and cold Taeyeon was found in the river covered with bruises and was hospitalized for 2 months under the care of Hyoyeon as her doctor and her parents. After two months, Taeyeon meets her counterpart and was assigned to accompany Tiffany to a small island near Jeju as her father’s way of disciplining her. The two got to know each other and were able to reflect on things while being stuck on an island for a week.

The two were able to adjust well in different worlds as feelings erupted and mysteries unfold.

. . . . . .

2 HOURS BEFORE THE INCIDENT

After dinner, Yuri and Taeyeon first proceeded to the bedroom followed by Tiffany minutes later. With Taeyeon wearing her cute Pikachu onesie pajama, both dorks were fooling around and Tiffany being the serious one just watched them do whatever they’re doing. The trio proceeded to the secret room where they will be spending their time watching movies until the lunar eclipse comes out. They sat on the long sofa, contemplating what movie to watch.

“Okay, so we only have 2 hours before the eclipse shows up, so any suggestion of what to watch?” Yuri asked.

“Let’s not watch something scary.” Tiffany pouts. “What about romance?”

“What? Pffttt I want some action or thriller” Yuri said as she turns her head towards Taeyeon, “Hey! Don’t touch it until the movie starts!”

Taeyeon puts the bowl down as she swallowed the remaining popcorn left in . “How about we’ll watch the twilight series?”

“There are 5 of them; it would take us the whole night up to dawn to finish it,” Tiffany said.

“Wanna stay up all night up to dawn?” Taeyeon asked.

“HECK YEAH LETS DO IT!” Yuri exclaimed, “How about you our brighter than mushrooms fany, fany, tiffany?” Yuri teased when she caught the girl talking to herself in the mirror earlier.

“YAH STOP IT!”

“She said that?” Taeyeon asked then burst into laughter.

“That’s not funny at all, you guys are so mean.” She crossed her arms and sulked.

“Actually it’s both funny and cute,” Yuri said.

Taeyeon slowly calms down as she wipes a tear from her eye, “Okay okay I’ll stop… mushroom.”

So the girls laughed and teased each other all night as they watched the first two series of twilight. Unknown to them, the lunar eclipse starts to show up in the sky. Taeyeon noticed that it’s past 10:30 already. Pausing the show, the other two girls already dozed off.

“Geez, I thought we’d stay up all night.” She laid above them as she grunts, “Can’t you see that the sky is awake and the moon and the stars are shining ever so brightly right above us? So get up and let's check it out!”

Feeling the weight in their backs, yuri turned her head to see Taeyeon smiling sheepishly at her, “Get off!” she pushed her to the other side to where tiffany is.

“It’s almost 11?” Tiffany feeling the full weight tries to get up as Taeyeon rolled over to the other side again.

“What are we waiting for let’s go! Come on!” Taeyeon enthusiastically said as she stood up and ran through the hallway as the two girls followed. “The last one who gets to arrive at the pool gets to treat the first one to arrive with a yummy treat!”

The three of them raced of getting out of the bedroom, down to the stairs, passing by the living room and into the backyard pool. Yuri arrived first followed by Tiffany and last Taeyeon as they catch up their breaths before speaking.

“I win!” Yuri does a mini celebration dance.

“Not fair you guys have long legs,” Taeyeon whined. The three of them stood side by side with Yuri at the center, Tiffany on her right, and Taeyeon on the left side.

“Taeng where’s the moon?” Yuri said while looking up.

“Oh, I see it! Over there!” Tiffany in a cheerful voice answered as she points the direction of the moon.

“Kwon Yuri?!”

Yuri and Tiffany turned around seeing a completely shocked Taeyeon, “Wae? What’s wrong with you it looks like you’ve seen a ghost.” She paused, “Is there?!” She turned her head to the other side as tiffany screamed.

“Yah don’t joke around!” Tiffany slaps yuri on the arm as she laughed.

Yuri returns her attention back to Taeyeon as she notices something different, “You look different.”

She kept silent as she looks around the place, “Am I back?” she asked in a small voice.

“What do you mean“Yuri stepped back and analyzes her from head to toe, “Kim Taeng? ‘THE’ Kim Taeyeon?” They both gasped as Taeyeon suddenly ran towards the stairs heading to her room. Yuri and Tiffany just looked at each other and followed her afterward.

________________________________________

I held my knees with eyes close as I catch my breath, “This is unfair. I want a rematch!” I said in determination.

“What rematch?” I exhaled deeply, looking up seeing Tiffany leaning on the door wearing a lavender nightgown with a pink silk robe on. With arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, she asks again, “What are you doing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter