Forgotten Promise

Terrifying Memories

Kwangmin was walking down the hall in his house, he walked into the kitchen and saw his parents cooking dinner.

"It will be ready soon, dear." His mother smiled at him, Kwangmin nodded and smiled back at his mother. Kwangmin left the kitchen and went outside, it was hot outside since it was summer, but Kwangmin didn't mind. He walked to the side of the house and went into the backyard. He saw his brother Youngmin sitting on the bench in the backyard.

"What are you doing?" Kwangmin went over to the bench and sat down next to his brother, Youngmin turned his head to see who was talking to him, when he saw it was Kwangmin his expression turned cold.

"Leave me alone."

Kwangmin clenched his fists.

"Hyung, why won't you tell me why you hate me? If it's something I did, please tell me."

Youngmin looked at him, he was thinking if he should tell him or not. Finally Youngmin sighed.

"I can't say it... but a while ago I did write a letter, I was planing on giving it too Donghyun hyung to give to you... but I didn't want to tell you, so I decided to just.... hate you..." Youngmin looked at Kwangmin.

"Where's the letter?"

"Before I let you have it... promise me one thing."

"Sure, what do I have to promise?" Kwangmin got happy, he would finally see why Youngmin hated him.

"Promise me, that you'll never protect me, that if anything is to happen to us, that you run and leave me behind... that if anything happens to me, you won't help me, that if I was to die... you will forget me, and go on... Promise me." Youngmin was serious, he was almost about to cry, but he held it in. Kwangmin stared at Youngmin, he was worried. He didn't know if it was worth promising his brother this, just to see a letter.

"Please, promise me..." Youngmin repeated. Kwangmin looked at the ground.

"Alright... I promise." Kwangmin looked at Youngmin and smiled.

"Thank you..." Youngmin hugged Kwangmin.

"Where's the letter?" Kwangmin asked after the released the hug.

"With me... It will always be with me..."

 

Kwangmin opened his eyes, he looked around and saw he was laying in his bed, Youngmin was sitting next to him.

"Your awake." Youngmin looked at Kwangmin, Youngmin looked like he was falling asleep waiting for Kwangmin.

"Hyung...."

"Yes?"

"A letter... You said you have a letter, written on it says why you hate me... You made me promise, never to protect you... just so I could read it..."

Youngmin looked away from Kwangmin.

"Is... Is that what you remembered?"

Kwangmin nodded, and Youngmin began to cry a little.

"Did you... read the letter?"

"No...."

"You said, that the letter is with you, and that is where the letter will forever be... did you mean it?"

"...Yes... I still have the letter, it is still with me..." Youngmin didn't look at Kwangmin.

"Can I see it?" Kwangmin put his hand out waiting for the letter. Youngmin didn't say yes or no, he stood up and walked over to his bag, he opened it and looked inside, he took out a folded piece of paper, and walked over to Kwangmin, he sat down on the bed and handed the paper to Kwangmin. Kwangmin took the paper and began to read it, while Youngmin was still crying.