Chapter 9: Stories

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Italics for thoughts :D

The ride to the Jung sis' was filled with warm laughter from Mamamoo and awkward silence from SNSD. If it weren't for the younger group, the bus would've been stuck with a deathly silence all the way to the destination. Taeyeon was sleeping in her seat and her members didn't want to wake her up knowing that she needed it. The older ones didn't want to disturb the younger group when it seemed like they were in their own world. Surprisingly, Sooyoung and Yoona somehow got roped into the ridiculous things their juniors were doing. It became apparent to the two of them that what they say was true, very awkward when they don't know you and very beagle when they do get to know you.


Sooyoung knows that tension was going to keep rising between her members if they didn't have heart to heart to talk with just them. She observes, how Mamamoo plays together and is reminded that even though Taeyeon didn't tell them that she had Wings, she probably trusted them a lot. She took a glance at her and saw a flash of black. Sooyoung looked around to see if anyone else noticed it and just shook her head, thinking that it was just her eyes playing tricks on her.


She was pulled out of her thinking when Wheein suddenly attacked her with aegyo. Good gods she was going to melt from this kid. The rest of the ride was spent 'aww'- ing over Wheein and Hyejin while Sunny was trying to annoy them with her punch worthy aegyo.

They arrived at the Jungs about 3 and a half hours later, it was already in the afternoon when they got there. Jessica and Krystal were waiting for them at the entrance. It was privately owned land only for the use of the Jung family. Yoona thinks that she now knows how Jessica was a great flyer despite not being active with them...


The walk to the house was filled with questions about the farm. From what Yoona gathered, they had stables, a tiny man-made lake, aerial parkour course for when Amber was here, over 50 acres of land, and a mansion-like house. She was more surprised that Jessica sometimes participated WITH Amber and Krystal in the parkour. That was some advanced stuff, Yuri can only do the basics but Jessica can do these expert-level tricks and courses. In their own backyard.


About halfway to the house, they had a race. Whoever were the last 3 people to arrive at the house had to do all the unpacking for everyone else. No one wanted to lose and dashed off, leaving a trail of dust or maybe a whirlwind in their tracks. If you looked at them and didn't know who they were, the winners would be pretty obvious. But, no you don't know these people. Even if Wheein, Hyejin, and Sooyoung had wings that weren't as big as the others, they were close to matching with Jessica, Yuri, and surprisingly, Yongsun. The three had a technique because with smaller wings and a lot of use, you can get ridiculously fast.


Hyoyeon and Sunny were matched, they had big wingspans but they didn't know how to use them properly, Seohyun was ahead of them by a few feet. She wasn't really into the race as much as the others but it was fun plus it was healthy. Tiffany, Krystal, and Yoona were almost catching up with Wheein, the three of them determined not to lose.


Yongsun was enjoying this, usually, she would be in the middle but she theorizes that the new golden glow may be responsible for this. With the thought in mind, she tried doing the trick Byul taught her, the one to control the glow. With a sudden burst of Golden light, Yongsun burst forward. Even creating a mini air barrier.


Not to be deterred by this, Jessica shot forward as well with a burst of White light this time, matching evenly with Yongsun. Both of them almost blinding those who were behind her.


Jessica could hear her blood in her ears, they were so close to the house. But it seems like the universe wanted to give her yet another surprise. When Jessica touched down with Yongsun just milliseconds behind her, she was panting on her feet. Flying races were fun but it really the energy out of you.


"Hah... oh gods... I'm not doing that again for a few months... But... I... Still, win!" Jessica said in between pants. Yongsun was almost laying on the ground, zapped out of her energy.


"That was a really cool light show though," She heard someone say while clapping.


"Damn, Strai- What the ?!" She did a double-take at the two people who were by the terrace holding water bottles. She just kept staring at them, jaw wide open. Looking back and forth between the two.


"Yong, here," Byul said as she walked over to Yongsun with a water bottle in hand. The older took it greatly before she almost choked at seeing her. 


"B-Byul-ah?! When did you? What?"


"Ah, we've been here for 15 minutes, Yongsun-ssi" Taeyeon chimed from where she was sitting on the terrace. Yongsun joins Jessica in gaping at the two of them.


"Ah, everyone's luggage is already arranged in their rooms since we didn't have anything to do while waiting for you guys." Byul closed Yongsun's mouth, helping her stand.

When Sooyoung, Wheein, Hyejin, and Yuri got to the house. They were welcomed by Taeyeon with bottles of water in tow. They drank greedily until they noticed that it was Taeyeon who gave it to them in which Sooyoung did a spit take.


They had already joined Jessica and Yongsun when the rest arrived. Krystal just looked at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter