Chapter 10: Interlude (Memories)

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N So a few changes :) Gray text is Taeyeon remembering/past and Black text is the present time. The text in Bold Italics are thoughts

 

Every time she thinks about it, it always hits her how ironic what happened to them was. Turned against by the very people they watched over. It wasn't the first time, but it was the worst one.


Black feathers dipped in blood, skin as pale as snow. A black to white faded hair. But still appearing more black than white. These were what the winged personification of Death, the first God, were often associated. Always cold and numb. The eldest of the Gods. Everyone always says that Life was the oldest, because why? One thing that the Flightless and the Winged never knew was that there was a higher being than the Gods.


The Heavens was what they called themselves. The ones who created the very first humans that ever lived. Once they had created everything that was moving, breathing, they needed something to control them. Something that would make sure that things would never get out of hand.


Death was the perfect thing that they had created for this task. They would be the one to take care of them, Kill them. Take them away back to the Heavens.


It had been millenias after Death's creation when the Heavens disappeared. Gone, just like that. 


One thing that the Heavens never counted on was Death creating their own personality. The Heavens created Death to be numb, heartless, not someone who loved the things they created. Never. But the very first humans loved them. They trusted them, the kids loved to play with them. They treated Death as a friend instead of this being created to take lives and loved ones away.


That changed when the Heavens left. It wasn't noticeable at first. Death would be dutiful and keep being friends with the first humans. But at some point, the humans became greedy. Greedy for power and when they figured out that Death was the one stopping them from gaining eternal power. They them.


Enraged, Death wiped out almost half of these humans. All gone with a single swipe of the scythe the Heavens gifted them. This was the first time they turned against them. The adults were wiped but the children were left alone.


'What the stories don't tell you was that these first humans didn't live on earth. They lived somewhere else. Earth was only created when the second God was created.'

"Death, how come you're here?" Twinkling eyes looked up at them.


"I did something bad," Death looked at the other Youngling. "I went mad and killed a lot of those tiny people."


"Why are you hiding out here then? Shouldn't you be guarding them?" The youngling asked while creating another supernova then tossing it in the vast space.


"Maybe but you're coming along with me when I come back"


"What! But I don't even have a name, what would they even call me? What would that make me to you then? Am I your kid? You basically created me..." The youngling remembere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter