Chapter 12: Before

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 3 days since they came to the Jung sis' farm and Yongsun was faring well enough with Jessica teaching her all about what she knows about their Wings. Like how with the Wings of Life, Jessica is surprisingly good at keeping things alive. Seohyun once explained it to her that the Wings and the extra things they could do were tied to what kind of wings they had. Yongsun found out that she can heat up anything when she accidentally melted a fork.


They were going to have another race this afternoon in the air track. Yongsun was pretty excited by this and she and Jessica had a one on one race as well. She wants to see how much she improved and learned from Jessica. It was already an honor meeting them, but one of the legendary girl group members teaching you was just unimaginable. Even if they had to return to society after 2 more days. Their agencies were considerate enough to give them time off for a week.


Yongsun was sitting in one of the chairs outside, watching everyone prepare for the race. Half of them were stretching while the other half was thinking of strategy that they could use. Byul and Taeyeon were off by the side doing their own thing. She shifted her attention to the two.


The two were in front of a tree, just looking up. The race was already starting but Yongsun approached Byul and Taeyeon instead. Byul notices her and hooks her arm around her waist. She tries not to blush but Taeyeon trying to stifle her chuckle tells her that she failed.


"So, How come you're here Yongsun-ssi?" Taeyeon asks, returning to look up the tree.


"Ahh... I wanted to see what you two were doing," Yongsun said, her wings feeling stiff. Moonbyul hums in acknowledgment running a hand along her feathers making them loosen.


"We're making a bet," Byul looks at Taeyeon communicating something with their eyes.


"What kind of bet?" Yongsun looks back and forth the two, Taeyeon answers her,


"We're trying to see how far we can go up the tree," Taeyeon squints


"I'd say 15 feet?" Moonbyul snorts,


"I'll say 25,"


"Are- are you serious? 15-25 feet" Yongsun stutters. Not believing the two


"Yeah, but this is how high we can get with just a tiny boost," Taeyeon says, getting closer to the tree.


Yongsun was about to ask but Byul held her back, she looked at Byul confused when she felt a gust of wind around her. When she looked back at Taeyeon, she was gone.

A skinny elbow poked Jessica's side snapping her out from her moping. She glared at the culprit but Sooyoung just laughed causing her to pout.


"C'mon Jess, they're just playing around. No need to be jealous, besides we're betting that Byul and Yongsun would end up together."


"Wha- Who said I was jealous?!" Out of all the things that Jessica could point out, it was that. Sooyoung just looks at her like she grew a second head before snickering.


"Whatever you say," Sooyoung shrugs, ignoring Jessica when she keeps on being defensive.


Jessica was about to rant more on how Sooyoung was wrong when they felt a gust of wind. Both of them looked at each other before looking at where Byul, Yongsun, and Taeyeon were. They were about to go back to what they were doing but then they saw Taeyeon fall from the tree. Byul and Yongsun clapping when she got down. The pair were now looking at trio weirdly when Byul went into a crouching position, like what one would do when they were about to boost, Sooyoung could almost imagine Byul's wings flexi- *whoosh.


"What the ?" 


Usually, Jessica would laugh at the state of their hair but Sooyoung was right, what the . Just like Taeyeon, a few minutes later Byul fell out of the tree this time bowing with a flourish. 


The two were still in the middle of processing what they just saw when Seohyun came to tell them that the race was over. Krystal bounded over to them and started to ask her sister a few things while Sunny asked Sooyoung why she didn't enter the race with them, only to be told that the taller girl said that she was too lazy to do it.


"Jessiee, teach me some flying techniques. I wanna beat Yuri-unnie at least once in my lifetime."


"Okay"


"Really?!... Then we can start tomorrow right?"


"Uh huh."


"... Then you also promise to admit that you actually still have a tiny crush on Taeyeon-unnie?"


"Yep... Wait-" Jessica turns to Krystal, a smug smirk on her face, as she only now processes what she told her.


"Yah! Krystal Jung, I do not have a crush on Taeyeon," She whispers shouts to her. Krystal just rolls her eyes at her pout.


"Well, if your head wasn't in the clouds then you would've known what I was talking to you about," Krystal stalks off after that, Jessica hot on her heels telling her that no, she didn't like Taeyeon in that way.

 

Byul watches as Yongsun chatters away with Taeyeon, she loves it when the girl gets excited about something. Her cheeks reach maximum squish capacity when she gets excited. Her hand itches to pinch them. Another thing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter