Chapter 23: 'It' pt.1

Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QUICK A/N This is means flashback while this is just dialogue in flashback. The ones in 'quotation marks' are thoughts :D Normal text is presenttt :))

 

Jessica could see the very moment everything went to , it didn't start when Death grabbed Tyler by his hair, not when Taeyeon became Death, not when the red light flashed, not when Byul got kidnapped, not even when they got into a hostage situation during the ball. Nope, that wasn't when it started going downhill. It was much more earlier than that, much much more earlier. It happened when they were still called by their Godly names, when she decided to help someone dangling off a cliff. When she met Tyler who back then was named Tian.


It was the biggest regret of her life.

 

 


"Li!" a familiar voice called to her as she was sitting by the palace cliff side. This was her favorite place in the whole palace... Not that she didn't love her room, it's just that here she feels at peace. Life turned around to see the rascal that called her on the ground panting, wings twitching from the effort of running... Instead of just flying or gliding over to her. Sometimes Life really wants to know what's inside the oldest god's head.


She shakes her head, "You know, you need to start exercising De. You really do." Death lets out a scoff, "I'd rather babysit the younglings instead. You'll never catch me exercising!" Death said before falling over again, out of breath... 'okay maybe I do need to exercise'


The two of them laughed at the thought, much to Death's chagrin but it was all right. The important thing was that Life laughed. It was always worth it when she laughed. They sat in silence for a while, Death's head on Life's lap. Death thinking about the irony of Life and Death being best-friends. Life was going to ask the latter about something when a shout interrupted their peace and quiet.


"Yo Taeyeon!!," Death groans wings thrashing a tiny bit, there was only one person who called them that. Rolling their eyes with wings twitching in annoyance, Death asked, "What do you want Sooyoung?"


"The new younglings broke of a part of the palace grounds!" That made Death bolt up. Life just nods, telling them to go take care of it. They would spend more time later.


With a sigh Death stands up, "Get Cosmos and Sun, those two would be the best at calming them down. I'll distract them," They say while walking up to Sooyoung.

 

Life's thankful for Sooyoung. Even if the town's folk treated them nicely, there was still a certain wariness to them. Thankfully Sooyoung proved to the other Flightless that the Gods weren't there to harm them. They just want to help them. Life will forever be thankful to their flightless friend. Plus, Death was smiling more with Sooyoung around to tease them. A gust of wind and a flash of light took her out of her thoughts. She looked at the palace and yeah, she should go back. There's a high chance that the palace might become ruins.


She hears a cry just as she was about to take a step towards her home. Someone was shouting 'HELP!' over and over again. Curious, she turns around and looks down at the cliff's side. Right there, just holding on to a rock with his fingertips, was a flightless.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter